Salutations!

YourGitFacedCousin

A few members of my gaming club and I recently tried out Malifaux at Adepticon with the help of a couple of henchmen (Thanks Krissy (sp?) and David). We fell in love with the card mechanic, and the character of the world and models. Everyone has picked up a crew (or two or three in some cases) and we're all busy as could be putting it all together.

We're just south of the Milwaukee area, and play a fairly large number of miniature games. Anyone happen to be in the neck of the woods and willing to do a bit of teaching?

Your old gremlins will work just fine with your new toys! You will need a gremlin wave 1 arsenal deck in order to get their updated cards, or if you have the new rulebook you can simply use the stats that are provided in there. (I prefer having cards in front of me, myself!) I play gremlins occasionally, and my gremlins are a mix of the new plastics and the old metals. While they are somewhat different stylisticly, as long as they are all painted green, no one has a problem telling what side they are on. ;)

Glad to hear you had a great demo at Adepticon! Hope to see you in the Malifaux events there next year!

Thanks for the response. I've got my deck of cards on order. I was pretty sure I was going to just stick with my old metal sculpts, but it seems I can't get those young Lacroix models anywhere outside of the box set. When that's added to the whole 'ooh new models' thing, it seems I'll be failing my will save and ordering a new 'The Kin' box to replace my old.