How about kirai and her activation order?

nunorod

I recently got the crew box ad am thinking on how i can proxy to expand. Right now only have crew, izamu, and s way to proxy shikome.

I have read a bit of sinergies but, i admit i am still to play her, i wonder how is a proper activation sequence for her because her work distances are very strict 2", 6" and 12".

Does she activates first for the seishin but loses on the manipulative front? Should izamu stick close and activate first? Or advance first with spirits, flesh construct etc

What is a typical activations for you having those dstances in the back of your mind?

Cheers

Must resist replying... must resist replying...

Okay, all I will say is that it heavily depends on the situation. Set activation sequences like in Warmachine are not much of a thing for me. Often, Kirai activating early means you can reposition or bolster your ranks, which is superb to set up a turn. If you have activation control, the same thing can be done at the end, but without losing Manipulative.

My regular opponent usually activates her pretty late in the turn. Sometimes he uses her as a ranged assassin, though, which can be beneficial anytime.

*hoping I didn't fuck up again*

It really, really depends on the situation. If you out-activate or don't really need healing/reposition/buffs then you activate her late. If you need a key position or rank bolster, you need to activate earlier or mid-turn. Assess the field, the enemy, and think if it's worth to activate early to summon a seishin and use it to catapult Izamu into the opposing crew. 

*hoping I didn't fuck up again*

You dun goofed up.

As others have said it really depends on what you need to accomplish on any given turn.  It also depends a little on what upgrades you have.  I've only played her twice so I've not really got her going yet but if you take the Shearers you may need to activate her earlier so you can Companion something big and nasty (i.e. Izamu) into somebody's (probably now dead) face.  Similarly if you need to get things up the board or have models that need healing you need to get her activating earlier in the turn.  Losing Manipulative isn't a huge loss as long as there's some Seishin around to dump wounds on to.

Seriously, Kirai is my second favourite Resser Master, but I would sooooo suck at playing her.

Hah, you admit it!  You are a closet Resser!

There really isn't a set activation order.

You need to plan what you need to do, and do it at the right points, but that may mean some turns you start with Kirai, and otehr turns you save her till last. If you do activate her early (or late) you need to consider how her distances are changed.

My reagular Kirai opponet generally doesn't move Kirai until turn 4, so distances don't really change based on when she activates.

• Like 1

Theoryfaux here;

There are models (even some masters) that have a pretty well defined role that does determine (more or less) when they activate in a turn. For example, when I play Lucius I'll default to activating him late, after most of my models have moved into position - that way he has the freedom to pass AP to the minions that can use it the best, or capitalize on enemy movement to get a beater into place. Sonnia likes to activate in the middle of the turn, after something important has burning on it, or early if she has a bead on something that needs to die. Ramos likes to activate early so he can get more spiders out and bring up his construct buffs. 

(Un)fortunately Kirai can, depending on her upgrades and the board state, be a summoner, a support master, an assassin, or a friendly manipulator. So what I guess I'm saying is that you can't even give her a general activation suggestion. You have to figure out who you need her to be each round to help you accomplish your strategy and schemes. Which is fun!

• Like 1

Yes I agree, i didn't mean to imply that a formula exists for her activations, that would take the fun out of her, i just wanted to take a look at gameplay examples like: I"I activate a flesh construct first to makle a base for summoning taking care that he is at 6" blabla and the ctivating Kirai first let's me make a seshin wich helps me cast on blablabla" or "First turno i acivate Kirai first to make seishin but later in the game i activate last fo manipulative", "activate seishin earlier and run him because when i activate kirai and move her the seishin will be at 12" so i can swap him with izamu", etc. This kind of things, practical examples.

But i do know it depends on the situation. Just wanted general guidelines on things to look out for like: not activating kirai first because the crew is still far behind etc".

• Like 1