Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

The Wave 3 Open Beta is over, so the community should have time for silliness again:

ZFiend and I have been 'discussing' the question of the most awesome and inherently superior Faction in Malifaux for quite some time,

and now IT'S ON!

We will settle which faction is superior once and for all.

The Guild vs Ressers Faction Scuffle

And this is how it's gonna work:

For about two months, the Scuffle will be open. Every contestant who plays a game using the Guild or the Resurrectionists reports the results including VPs (battle reports are encouraged, but not needed). There will be a maximum of three games per month per contestant. The Faction with the most VPs by the end of the Scuffle wins.

Now, of course there are a lot of players out there with a lot more talent than us, or at least people who have more gaming time. Also, we are team players. Thus, we need help with overcoming the opposition:

We both are looking for 7 team mates each who are ready to declare Guild or Ressers and fight for their chosen faction's superiority. This is a fun contest, so you don't have to be good to sign up, just motivated. Just post below which Faction you want to represent, and you'll get into the roster:

In the Filthy Corner (Resser)

zFiend

PraetorDragoon

Nicodemic

Jonahmaul

Clyde_Davis

PeeJay

Underdog6750

Stryder

In the Righteous Corner (Guild)

Dirial

Doubledragondyl

Bertmac

Jeremy

Myyrä

Admiralvorkraft

MasterDisaster

Entropolous

Because we both love Wyrd and (deep down) we both love the opposing Faction, this is the price we fight for:

The Winning Faction earns Bragging Rights (in a totally non-derailing fashion, please). This is huge for us, but may be huge for you as well.

The Loser (meaning either zFiend or me, but probably me) has to succumb to the winner, by buying a new Master box of the winning faction and enough models to fill a 50 SS crew. He has to play said crew for at least another two months, and post battle reports, stating how awesome his new faction is.

This is a fun contest, just for community building, and making a tiny profit for Wyrd. It's also a zFiend and Dirial thread. Thus, trash talking before and after games is highly encouraged.

You think this is silly, childish, and way too easy?

First, get into the Iron Painter! It's where the hard people are.

Secondly,

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Any questions? Any volunteers?

EDIT:

Current standing

April results

May results

EDIT 2:

Final Result

HERE, I posted the final result. It was close, but in the end, the Righteous Faction prevailed, banning the Resurrectionist Filth back into the Quarantine Zone.

And HERE, zFiend admits his defeat.

:D

Edited by Dirial
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard! Wrong faction though. ;) (just as a head's up, yes, there will be trashtalk but I am extremely glad you joined up.) 

The initial idea of this was to start at 1st of April. So we could get the 2 months in and calculate them correctly when we have all 7 on both sides so neither one of us gets a headstart. :)

Welcome aboard! Wrong faction though. ;) (just as a head's up, yes, there will be trashtalk but I am extremely glad you joined up.) 

The initial idea of this was to start at 1st of April. So we could get the 2 months in and calculate them correctly when we have all 7 on both sides so neither one of us gets a headstart. :)

Yeah, you're welcome to join. We will start once both teams are assembled, and hope it will be the 1st of April. Because that's an appropriate date for us.

Seeing as "the community" has voted for me to play guild at my next tournament I guess that puts me on the side of the righteous law makers pass me that badge of office!

Welcome, Officer bertmac! May your reign be long and tyrannical... erm, I mean, righteous!

Welcome on board, Jeremy!

I'm in.  Ressers for life though Dirial, your attempts to recruit me are in vain Muhahahahaha (not that's not a hint that I'm playing Nico ...).

Bertmac is in my gaming group and we have another regular Guild player so I'll try to get him recruited!

Sigh. Well, I kind of hoped that you might try something different. But as this is about deep beliefs I kind of get you.

Still: :P

Sigh. Well, I kind of hoped that you might try something different. But as this is about deep beliefs I kind of get you.

Still: :P

I'll be getting into tournament practice mode soon so doubt I'll have time for both! Plus I'll always defend the Ressers noble profession when I am made to choose!

My lgs already has the right initials fire storm games will be replaced by fascist state games in no time at all

Not if I have anything to do with it it won't.!