Phillip, how do you use him?

Well, seeing how we have a date for him, I do have to wonder, how do you get mileage out of him?. To me he is one of the harder models to grasp what you should be doing with him. One player that I know uses him with Kirai mostly for card rotation and wound donor for summons, but I would hope he would get a more active use. So any experiences?

I have used Phillip twice, both times with Molly. In the first game they didn't do too much because of terrain; got to draw some cards and I used chatty once which prevent a very important interaction for my opponent. Second game I used the card drawing mechanics, they synergized very well with Sybelle and Rotten Belles for some additional movement. They didn't get any attention during most of the game, which resulted in that I could remove two scheme markers for Plant Evidence in a single turn.

All and all, PaN in my games haven't done a lot during the first couple of turns (sneaking around the flanks), and then removed or denied VP late game. The thing is that I never game planed for them to fill a specific role; they just happened to do pretty well in the end after being able to stay alive. I think savvy opponents will try and get them early in order to minimize the effectiveness.

From what I remember reading his card he seemed like the kind of a choice better left home and take something in its stead. But it might be I missed something. Or he just doesn't suit my playstyle.

We have an ongoing joke about someone having to play and entire league with Philip and the Nanny as their leader. :P

I have made great usage from Philip, but this might be because of my first game of him was against Colette with scheme marker spam. So I turned his markers into corpses instead which I turned into Rogue Necromancies. I think I summoned 2 that game. (Aaah, great times)

He is simpely very good at VP denial with Chatty and scheme marker removal. So take him for that.

That actually sounds pretty amazing poet. :D two rogues a game sounds brutal!

I knew you would approve of it :D

Turning enemy scheme markers into corpses has many fun applications. I need to try him with Corpse Bloat. Turn a scheme marker into a corpse and blow it up. The mad bomber head! (Which sounds so awesome I need to try it)

"Have a new friend to ta... Oh, he exploded. Such a shame. He was a nice guy, you should have talked to him."

• Like 1

I play Molly a lot, and  for Scheme marker removal I have always used the Performer.

For  Chatty I brought along Mortimer who can also move my crew with Fresh Meat. 

From reading his card I just feel Phillip has too many (1) actions to be able to do all the things I want him to do! But some of the suggestions here have merit, so I'll test him out once the boxed set comes out.

I just used them yesterday for the first time, with Molly dear.

My idea was to use him mostly for the card drawing, but in the end, he made it impossible for my opponent to score any single VP off Protect Territory, while at the same time gave me Corpses for a 4th turn Rogué Necromancy

Phillip also gave me a few cards when I was out of them on the 3rd turn, specially a 13 of Crows that Sybelle used to outright kill Hoffman's tótem vía Slit Jugular, and he even killed a damaged Hunter on the 4th turn....

So yeah, it was pretty decisive in my last game... I just need to proxy they somehow....

Cheap and cheerful (£4 for the nanny and the pram and a plastic zombie head, a bit of wire for the cigar and some greenstuff for the blanket) :)

I didn't get to use him as the Scheme Pool in last night's game was very hitty. Maybe next time - he is definitely a corner-case model.