March 16th - Release Schedule

Lucidicide

My curiosity is almost satisfied, the only thing I want to know now is what are hide on WYR20421 and why they are the gupps  :D

Do you have the Ironsides box and Mech Rider as well?

http://www.wyrd-games.net/Newsletter_v3/Ads/WYR20322-Troubleshooters.jpg

http://www.wyrd-games.net/Newsletter_v3/Ads/WYR20324-MechanicalRider.jpg

I really, really like Ironsides' box. Ironsides herself is in a bit of a "small" pose so she won't look like the centerpiece powerhouse that she is but otherwise she looks wonderful. Mouse and The Captain look great and the Oxfordian Mages are amazing (though I'm not a fan of the sculpted magic - hopefully she won't look too daft without it).

:+fate :+fate :+fate

Not a fan of the regular Tara but Karina and the Nothing Beast look great. I wonder if the latter has the same bottom as the Nightmare model (and would therefore be similar size-wise). And the Void Wretches are still really, really awesome.

:+fate :+fate

Whiskey Golem looks good.

Molly's box looks nice but not nice enough to warrant buying since I have the metal version. Necrotic Machine looks really interesting - I must see the actual mini but it might be a really good one! Luckily Philipp is so bad that I won't miss not having him :)

Brewmaster looks awesome! The man himself looks absolutely great, Fingers looks way better than in the art, the Moon Shinobis all look great! Apprentice Wesley isn't bad but I was hoping for him to be a bit smaller than what he looks in the render. But yeah, very happy with the box.

:+fate :+fate :+fate

Ryle I don't like. The muscles look horrid in a bad way. Urgh.

:-fate :-fate

Mech Rider - not a fan. The design is not to my liking and it looks like rather boring to paint.

:-fate

Johan looks surprisingly nice. I really like him! Too bad I already have both the old metal Johan as well as Johanna.

Collodi herself I don't like at all - too featureless and boring. The Wicked Dolls are the complete opposite and look absolutely great! Vasilisa also looks good and Marionettes are all right. Not a huge fan of the girl's dress, though.

Austringers I'm disappointed in. The kneeling one's pose is utterly weird and the hawk standing on one foot likes a complete nightmare. The other one is allright though not inspiring. I was really looking forward to these but now I'm having doubts.

:-fate :-fate

Pale Rider I like. The horse is a bit too chunky in a weird way (and the barding interrupts the flow of the mini in a strange way. But other than that I really like the details and the pose and the rider looks sweet!

Widow Weaver is all right. Not spectacular but work well enough.

:+fate

• Like 2

Who exactly is Ryle?

Is this a rhetorical question?

If not, the short version is that he is Hoffman's older brother who was a genius and super good at everything but got wrecked by their journey through the breach. Ramos saved his life by turning him into a semi-mindless cyborg and Hoffman is trying to come up with a cure for his condition.

I'm not sure why they decided to turn him into a steroid monstrosity.

Thanks for posting all the links.

Really like Ironsides' box. Even Mouse looks ok, I'm not very fond of his concept art, but looks like the cartoonyness has been toned down a bit.

I like Molly's lot. Only the wheels of the pram... I think they should have open spokes or just solid sides, not solids sides with spokes on them, but I guess there is always the good ol' hobby knife.

While Tara has a more interesting pose, her legs are way too long, sigh.

Johan is horrible, his feet are twice the size of his head... I guess I'll build something from TTB minis.

Dunno about Mech Rider, she looks a little off, but might be the angle.

Brewmaster's box feels very spare, 6 guys for $45, and unless they are very miss-scaled (always a possibility) 5 of them are small Ht 1 dudes...

Whiskey Golem looks kind of stupid, but I guess that is part of the joke, so all is well there. :P

Ryle is just an ugly model.

Collodi's box looks good, kind of what I had expected.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice that the crooligan girl in the render holds Miss Ery?

Anyway, I like the whole lot of them. Tara's non-nightmare model is actually better than the nightmare one, but I prefer the Nothing Beast and Karina from the Nightmare box to the normal ones.
I also love the non-nightmare Whiskey Golem, he just looks goofy the way I like it and I might consider getting him for Zoraidas crew. I even like the Austringers and Ryle (Bane from the old Batman & Robin movie) which I'll be getting.

I think I'm going to have to get the non-Nightmare Whiskey Golem, just because my pretty painted Nightmare one always scares me that I'm going to knock a piece of it off every time I take it out of the bag (has happened several times already). May do with Tara as well just 'cause I like her pose a lot more.

...sadly, as I am an obsessive collector, I'll probably have to get all of the rest, too. Just have to figure out the order.

Collodi does not look very sinister. Karina looks like she can't keep her balance. Crouching Austringer does look rather terrible, awkward pose, and the raptor looks comical either falling or dancing.

Don't care for Ryle, but that is my personal taste.

Other than those few complaints very impressed with all the models and look forward to finally seeing them on the table.

• Like 1