The (not so) great Proxy Thread!

bandages

Tired of your boring looking master? Wish he/she was a lot more interesting? Well - looky here, I found a model that is about 5x more interesting then 1/2 the masters in the game and 100% Wyrd product:

Desperate%20Mercenary.jpg

That's right - the lowly Desperate Merc model sure received the badass treatment. Go ahead - put this bad boy side by side with your master and ask someone at random who they think the master model in the crew is.

Step 1: Remove Merc's head.

Step 2: Remove Master's head.

Step 3: Swap heads.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

Guaranteed to work... half the time. :D

PROTIP: I'd most definitely put the hat back on your new "master" as well - everything is better with a tophat - ask Colette! ;)

• Like 1

That model is amazing really. And I do agree that many many masters have been getting hit by the flavourless, uninspiring and bland sticks. Gladly there are some really great enforcer, Henchman, minion models in the game. I really do wish the masters were a bit more recognizable and a bit more flavourful.

Yeah - I think that that is actually the strange thing - most of the enforcers seem to be especially excellent and oddly totems, as well. I'd also say that a lot of masters have a henchman much cooler than they are as well.

As for plastics/metals - the only plastic master I prefer over original metal is Hoffman - his plastic looks great.

And the search for sweet proxies continues... :D

It's always been important to me to have a very unique looking army. Conversions seem to grab other hobbyist's attention more than anything else.

So as it turns out - Hamelin is actually a combo breaker for the "boring master" situation I find myself in. His new plastic is actually really awesome and that big cloud of scary shit is much better IRL than it looks in the renders. In fact, it is the perfect proxy for hungering darkness.

Hamelin, himself, has a dynamic pose and an interesting, unique face + he is large enough and detailed enough to be able to paint him with ease.

Seriously though, don't let the render fool you - the new hungering darkness is awesome - I would never use him with Hamelin (its friggin' huge) but you best believe that its going on a fiddy as the new Huggy.

Yeah, Hamelin looks decidedly silly. Maybe it's the EXTREME of it all that appeals to SEG.

On a different note - can anyone think of a nice Pandora proxy?

Also, Titan Forge's Spirits of Ignorance would work great as Insidious Madnesses - they have that Incorporeal down nicely:

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/003/277/001/3dd558f5c9cac5ed65e17c4b14566553_original.jpg?v=1423783527&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&q=92&s=4262d40b698ccfb0086ee813f6b1e523

It certainly is. :)

Lots of modelling potential with that one. You just wait.

Remember, the thing is that if they give you a bunch of stuff you can always decide what you want to do with it and take away what you don't like. When they give you Shenlong - then you're just kinda screwed.

See what I did thar?

Just want to make sure that Wyrd knows I appreciate the extra excess in opposition to all the plain masters. The Hamelin crew is actually solid overall - can't wait for the rat pack. >8)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for a proxy for Shadow Emissary, and a friend of mine hade a great idea. This, minus the crazy woman, will be my Shadow Emissary ^_^

WYR1040.jpg

I am planning on somethign similar. Just note that offically this is a legal proxy for the Brutal effigy, so if you are planning on taking it to tpournements just check with the TO, and let your opponents know beforehand.