The (not so) great Proxy Thread!

bandages

It seems like I'm always saying this but Reaper do some good amorphous monsters that could work for an insidious madness.

77114_w_1.jpg

IG_1289_1.jpg

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77099#detail/IG_2956_1

03675_w_1.jpg

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/gravewailer/sku-down/03675

Not sure what the scaling is like on the first 2 but the last one works fine alongside the metal version you can from this blog

http://www.whatthefaux.net/2015/03/this-is-madness.html

• Like 1

I have a buddy who uses those for Stitched and imo they don't do the job. They are ugly, squatty little things that are uncomfortably enough out of scale from the Malifaux figures for me to consider them not an option.

On the other side, I'm comparing them to the metal oogie boogies we all love, comparing the various Teddy models and the sizes/scale differences are rather extreme. So, for puppets, those arguably are just fine as proxies for most people.

Yeah, I've always found it a bit odd that I can find multiple bootleg minis of assorted Doctors Who, Matoko Kusanagi, or any number of somewhat fringe fandoms... but nowhere else can I find an Ooogie Boogie model.

Sometimes, I think about making a stitched out of some burlap and fish hooks.

Seeing as Ten Thunders Brothers still haven't got plastic models and the old ones are out of print just about everywhere, I've been looking for suitable proxies for a while. I finally found some that I like: Students of War from Hell Dorado.
cshd2018.jpg

• 1 month later...

Any suggestion for a Metal Gamin? I don't need three, and I'm not particularly fond of the official models.

Found an old thread, but pics were gone...

As for now, the Runetagged Brawler from Dreamblade is the best candidate I can think of, albeit slightly large ...

Any suggestion for a Metal Gamin? I don't need three, and I'm not particularly fond of the official models.

Found an old thread, but pics were gone...

As for now, the Runetagged Brawler from Dreamblade is the best candidate I can think of, albeit slightly large ...

I use these:

http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/107493-maths-arcanists-with-a-fun-contest-come-see/

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thread. I use a TON of models from the WWX range.

To be blunt, "rude" (:rolleyes:) or not - it is strictly because I think they are much nicer, better and deeper detailed, higher quality models than wyrd plastics and transfer well into the world of malifaux.

Scroll through their range and you'll see a model to represent almost anything (sorta-)human related in Malifaux.

I feel perfectly fine saying this because I've bought the crap out of pretty much everything Wyrd has produced in the past, so too bad. ;)

Besides Wyrd, I buy only the highest quality best detailed miniatures on the market. This means forgeworld, mierce, outlaw, (titan forge, lately, too), and soon to be Kingdom Death.

I honestly hate plastics. Aside from ease to convert I mostly think they are for the entry-mid level hobbyist. Assembly and dealing with seams and flash on super small parts makes me sad.

I am willing to put up with it though because of all mini companies, wyrd produces one of the broadest all-encompassing ranges with pretty much anything that is cool as hell in it. B)

Currently, I am using JP Smith and his creation as levy (actually von Shtook) and the DE.

Also, I personally think the McCabe model is brutally ugly and boring so I think I will use Wyatt Earp for dismounted and put a wyatt head on an interceptor rider for his mounted version. That way I will actually want to play him. ;) McCabe's crew looks fantastic - he's the only one that looks bad. Oh, and Wyatt has mechanical dogs... so win there too. ;)

K-Free makes a much nicer Alyce.

Mother of God, have you seen Judge K Stern? Tell me you don't want him in your Justice crew and I'll just think you're crazy.

I could go on and on. I'm currently in love with the Outlaw range and that's the first place I'd look for proxies. Annnnnd they're resin! (the character models, at least). B)

• Like 1