Condition Removal

Depends onager and scheme pool, and to a lesser extent, opposing crew.

Very generally:

Seamus: Chiaki

Mcmorning: Johan

Nicodem: Johan

Tara: Johan

Yan Lo: Chiaki

Molly: about equal

Kirai: Chiaki

What are you reasons for the differences?

I always take Chiaki.  I find Incorporeal very useful and I sometimes take her as a Bodyguard target as people often ignore her (in a way they rarely ignore people with a big ass hammer!)

I'm mostly a Chiaki guy since she needs no suit and her slow spamming has been a bane for my enemies, as well as a well placed insignificant being a game killer. I go for Johanna when I'm feeling I need some condition control but am lacking punching power.

I will probably experiment with the "Belle, Nurse, Chiaki" module more and change Chiaki for Johanna to see how that pans out though, since I like those 3 models together, but it's blowing 17 SS on support.

Chiaki for me, actually. Her defensive abilites work great to have her get further away and running schemes from time to time, and insignificant is a great tool to stop opposing scheme runners in their tracks. Slow is also helpful this way.

(It also helps that I do have her model, and not a Johan model yet)

• Like 1

Johan's hammer is a big draw when hearing Arcanist's announced, as splatting the Mech Rider and other Constructs is great! But needing to hold the 4  :ram to remove all the conditions is a pain (for a faction that needs  :crow

I too take the flute as a 7 of anything can be held (although 7  :ram is best) and people will ignore her for most part. I've never had her as my Bodyguard though!

• Like 1

Strange you guys seem to have your Chiaki ignored. I usually have some form of Ca attacks in my crews or at least some way to ignore Incorporeal. I'll gun down Chiaki every time I can just to stop the Slow, Condition Removal and Heals. She can be a life saver for a crew so I make her a fairly high priority when I can get at her. For her cost she's a steal as well so she features in a lot of Resser crews I face. Johan has benefits as well but when people hear there's a Relic Hammer with Flurry running around Johan tends to see a lot of unwanted attention although he does have merits over Chiaki. I think it's a personal preference thing really and as others have stated it depends on the situation. 

I think its threat levels, opponents see a girl with a flute, and see Izamu. Izamu feels like the target priority but its really Chiaki who helps 

keep him in the game thanks to the healing and removing negative conditions on her. I think once players realise what she does she will become more of a target.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find it really frustrating that our condition removal is so specific in the fluff - I really like to try and keep my crew as thematic as possible, and I can't see any way that Chiaki fits in in a crew that isn't Yan Lo (or Kirai at a push). I wish that we'd got something like the Witchlings that don't look out of place in any crew because they're a standard crew piece. Maybe something large and lumbering, like a Flesh Construct, that could 'suck' the condition off a player and onto itself, so it's not too powerful an addition.

Eh, I think it's a matter of taste- I think witchlings look pretty out of place in most Guild crews, and am fine with limitations in your crews if you want to go theme-heavy.

I think chiaki works more often than not

Seamus and McMourning are probably the least likely, since they're both crazy and overtly threatening.

Yan is obviously the most.

Nicodem isn't that much of a stretch, since he's already taken on other disciples, though aesthetically that's a stretch.

Molly, kirai, and tara have the creepy ladies sticking together, though she doesn't really aesthetically coherent with tara.

...which brings me to the other bit, which is that you can always convert a piece to fit the aesthetic. I've certainly done that before if I feel like I'm often taking a given aesthetically incoherent piece with a master. Right now, I'm heavily considering a non-asian proxy for Toshiro, for instance. Maybe a conquistador theme.

If you want McMourning's niece, this might be a good proxy:

(Myranda)

Yes, I remember reading that another model was his niece but I couldn't remember which one. Thanks for that! Not sure I would want to try and GS a doctor's coat onto a crouching model though, so I think I'll have to sacrifice veritie for functionality there. :)

Yes, I remember reading that another model was his niece but I couldn't remember which one. Thanks for that! Not sure I would want to try and GS a doctor's coat onto a crouching model though, so I think I'll have to sacrifice veritie for functionality there. :)

You could always try and get the metal model, she is in a standign pose

There's some TTB Female parts that would likely work as one of the bodies has an apron with some medical tools in the front.

Pics, or it didn't happen?

Are you talking about the cover illustration with the tech? 'cause I have the TTB sets and have built a fair number and don't remember anything like a tool apron.

If you check out GMorts BLOG post about them then the second picture of the female kit the bottom right bit of a female front (below the chainsaw) has bits that look like pliers etc. which fit the role.  That might be 'tech' but I think it would be serviceable as a female doctor type effort (I've not actually made one though).

I think that is the front half of the dress with a bow on it.

• Like 1