What are you listening to?

I saw Coheed and Cambria years ago at Download festival. I really wasn't impressed. I only stood around because I was waiting for Tool to come on after. Now there is a band! Hatebreed are insane live though. I mean DAYUM!!

You know nothing!  NOTHING I tell you!  I have to say I haven't actually see C&C at a festival (I am seeing them at Hevy this year) but everytime I've seen them live they've been phenomenal.  Tool are also all the win.

Random list of other bands that I love:

Rise Against

Pennywise

Sick of it All

Madball

Bad Religion

The Bouncing Souls

Jimmy Eat World

Thrice

Brand New

Comeback Kid

I could go on!  Money that I don't spend on toy soldiers gets spent on gigs!

I like Rammstein! That's about as far as my knowledge of German music goes I'm afraid

To be fair, that you have in common with most of the world. ZFiend new Modern Talking. Not enviable.

I agree with your list, though. Most of that I have seen live, and it was awesome.

You know nothing!  NOTHING I tell you!  I have to say I haven't actually see C&C at a festival (I am seeing them at Hevy this year) but everytime I've seen them live they've been phenomenal.  Tool are also all the win.

Random list of other bands that I love:

Rise Against

Pennywise

Sick of it All

Madball

Bad Religion

The Bouncing Souls

Jimmy Eat World

Thrice

Brand New

Comeback Kid

I could go on!  Money that I don't spend on toy soldiers gets spent on gigs!

I only know Rise Against of this list. I feel bad. 

But then, germany has a great share of metal bands. 

I only know Rise Against of this list. I feel bad. 

But then, germany has a great share of metal bands. 

We do. Did the Netherlands produce good music lately? I'm not aware of anything, but ready to be enlightened.

We do. Did the Netherlands produce good music lately? I'm not aware of anything, but ready to be enlightened.

I saw a Dutch hardcore band supporting Comeback Kid.  They were called No Turning Back and were quite good.

Coheed are prog-rock but they're incredible, anybody who says otherwise is wrong!  They're pretty geeky too (there's also comics/graphic novels that the albums are based on as they're all concept albums telling a story).

Soulfly, Lamb of God, Sylosis and In Flames are all good too.  I like old Machine Head (plus the Blackening which was ace), Killswitch Engage, One Minute Silence, Slipknot and others when it comes to metal (I have quite diverse music tastes from Ska to Hardcore!)

Machine Head were my favourite band when I was a wee lad (probably my first favourite in fact) but I have a habit with music of getting into a strop when artists I like do something I perceive bad.  With Machine Head that was Supercharger.  It was such a terrible album that I just switched off and didn't listen to them for ages until somebody convinced me I should listen to The Blackening which is indeed very good.  But Unto the Locust and Bloodstone and Diamonds are both very meh.

I wasn't a big fan of the Machine Head newer stuff, they lost it when they released The Blackening. One band I've really gotten into over the last few years is Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Hillybilly Heavy Metal. It's just as awesome as it sounds! :D

Oh and Skindred. Reggae + Metal is totally a thing that should be more mainstream! Check out their album Union Black... pure genius! They are also British which is always a good thing! ;)