Lucidicide

Iron Painter 2015!

Nice to see you back in IP Thryth, we need some of you old hands to show the noobs what this is all about - yeh I'm an old hand but I don't count as my painting is ****

Hi Waghorn41! One of the few I remember. :)

I don't think that I'm going to be teaching anyone, anything. I've been out of the hobby for years. I just hope to get past the first round.

So what's been going-on in the past two or three years? :)

Ugh, I just realized rounds end on Fridays this time. I get it (gives the judges the weekend to do their judging) but yuck. I preferred the Sunday evening finish, so I had that final weekend to work on things.

Hey Bexley. Been awhile. I hope that all is well.

I agreed with you in a different post, but then looked at the dates again. Looks like the rounds are ending on Monday (depending on your time zone, I suppose). Did you get them to change it? :)

What are the rules about Dioramas? Can we dress the set around our model for photography as a diorama or does it have to be a single model?

Dios are fine, what counts is how you interpret the theme and the base etc can help enormously. Have another look at the rules and you'll see how marks are allocated; painting, theme interpretation etc. Good luck in the comp.

One question- do we take pictures of the unassembled unprimed model before the time period?

Anyway, I am IN

Answer to question - No. Theme is announced, get your figure and get painting, photo of the completed entry must be in by deadline.

Simples.

• Like 1

Answer to question - No. Theme is announced, get your figure and get painting, photo of the completed entry must be in by deadline.

Simples.

This is a very good question. And I'd say that it should be required during the final submission for the round. Before and After

Hey Bexley. Been awhile. I hope that all is well.

I agreed with you in a different post, but then looked at the dates again. Looks like the rounds are ending on Monday (depending on your time zone, I suppose). Did you get them to change it? :)

Nope. It's possible I might have misread the dates, though. I'm dumb sometimes.

Yeah, I think I was looking at a March calendar for the first round, instead of April. Derp.

You do not need a before picture. Don't cheat, it's as simple as that. If you feel a burning desire to cheat and think it may be your only chance to win, just don't enter the contest. We trust people. Be trust worthy.

If the mini is already assembled, you haven't very well assembled it, have you? Should be good to go. That doesn't mean you should just get your minis assembled by a friend :-P This is the Iron Painter, not the "Lazy Layabout Painter."

Dioramas are cool. I like dioramas. If only my vote counted :(

Seriously, though, don't cheat. This is an honor system for the most part. Bad Things Happen, but don't be the one to make them happen. Cool? Cool.

• Like 8

Nope. It's possible I might have misread the dates, though. I'm dumb sometimes.

Yeah, I think I was looking at a March calendar for the first round, instead of April. Derp.

It's a relief, anyway. I might actually be able to finish something this way. :)

I'm in

Lets do this, it looks fun

On a side note, my house mate also wanted to join in on this competition - tried registering and is now stuck awaiting validation - could this be looked at before the deadline so his name can get added? Maybe his registration got flagged because two accounts have been registered from the same IP address within a few minutes of each other?

Username : dedz9060

• Like 2

What happened to the old archives of previous Iron Painter competions? If they can be dug up and posted somewhere they'd be good for pointing the newbies at as examples of this is what is expected.

• Like 4

I will give it a try. I wish to state I have a few reservations, as the first few weeks of the contest I'm going to be very busy with work, and an infant, but things will calm down by the beginning of May, but I will do my best.

• Like 2