If you could be anybody....

Pabst Blue Ribbon?! You guys insult me! I don't drink crappy American Beer! I drink locally brewed stuff from a bottle! 

829_crop179x568.png

I grew up 2 miles from where they brew this tasty delight! Badger Brewery for the win! They've done well in recent years to hide the distinct taste of badger as well so kudos to them!

As opposed to a master like the Viks (or any killy master really) who can potentially table an opponent early a Jack Daw game is a control game of complete denial that goes on and on... its like knowing your doomed and having to sit there and watch your fate unfold ;)

Of all the masters in the game I'd say Jack Daw is the most "annoying" to play against - in a Magic blue deck way.

Sorry you can't attack or do actions and here is a bunch of discard and lure and denial plus I'll obey you or maybe push you around - also did I mention you can't cheat I've got horror duels for days? If you set it up properly and lock your opponent down - coupled with more passive gameplay - it makes your opponent feel like they cant do a whole lot and they're just chasing you around all game. His crew isn't much "better" either. Nurses and Hanged - nuff said.

It could just be personal bias because I really like playing AS him but I'd have to say playing a game against Jack Daw is as unfun as this game can get ;)

Pabst Blue Ribbon?! You guys insult me! I don't drink crappy American Beer! I drink locally brewed stuff from a bottle! 

I grew up 2 miles from where they brew this tasty delight! Badger Brewery for the win! They've done well in recent years to hide the distinct taste of badger as well so kudos to them!

You know, we had the England vs Germany thing once today, but this is a serious thing. I'd really like to sample that stuff you describe, but I have to say: There is a lot of prejudice here against English beer. I counter your local stuff and raise you this:

398px-Augustiner_Helles.jpg

If you can get the drink of the gods, try it, and we shall compare our experiences. Now, where to find that English stuff here?

As opposed to a master like the Viks (or any killy master really) who can potentially table an opponent early a Jack Daw game is a control game of complete denial that goes on and on... its like knowing your doomed and having to sit there and watch your fate unfold ;)

Of all the masters in the game I'd say Jack Daw is the most "annoying" to play against - in a Magic blue deck way.

Sorry you can't attack or do actions and here is a bunch of discard and lure and denial plus I'll obey you or maybe push you around - also did I mention you can't cheat I've got horror duels for days? If you set it up properly and lock your opponent down - coupled with more passive gameplay - it makes your opponent feel like they cant do a whole lot and they're just chasing you around all game. His crew isn't much "better" either. Nurses and Hanged - nuff said.

It could just be personal bias because I really like playing AS him but I'd have to say playing a game against Jack Daw is as unfun as this game can get ;)

But isn't his crew very weak against a shooting crew? I get his crew is very good against a melee oriented crew.

You know, we had the England vs Germany thing once today, but this is a serious thing. I'd really like to sample that stuff you describe, but I have to say: There is a lot of prejudice here against English beer. I counter your local stuff and raise you this:

398px-Augustiner_Helles.jpg

If you can get the drink of the gods, try it, and we shall compare our experiences. Now, where to find that English stuff here?

Actually the British happily admit the Germans are the proud kings of Beer. We don't get a massive amount of German beer imported over here. It's usually crappy largers that claim they are German but are actually made in Bristol or some rubbish. Badger Beers made by Hall & Woodhouse are particularly tasty, some of them are a little obscure but they get the job done!

The English have probably been making beer as long as the Germans but somewhere along the way most of the Brits lost their way and started championing Carling, Kronnenbourg, Fosters, Carlsberg etc which to be honest just tastes like chemical garbage. We do make some utterly brain destroying Ciders though. Again if you want the good stuff you gotta go see the local Farmer for his home brewed scrumpy rather than the local store bought stuff. I've had Cider that can strip paint from walls... I might get some for my next game on Vassal with zFiend :D

If you're looking to source some Badger Beers I'm sure you could find them online. However in the meantime here's a link to their website and beer range. http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/explore-our-beers I'm particularly fond of Golden Champion and Fursty Ferret. Billy Stinger is an interesting one too, it's made using Stingy Nettles ;)

I shall try to find it. This interests me now.

Also, Ciders: I'm curious now. I come from the area in Germany where cider is the local speciality, and I'm a big fan. Might do a comparison on that topic as well.

Also, I might change my choice for this thread (so it won't be said I derailed it again.) Perhaps I'll be a Moon Shinobi...

zFiend - depends on the board mostly - if you can get into melee with them quickly I don't feel a difference. Perdita is a bad matchup for sure but any others aren't too bad. Daw is a very quick crew.

Just so happens that any scheme/strat pool that would be good for a killy shooty crew to take would not be a good one for Daw to take so if you are optimising your play you probably won't be seeing crews like that. I'm not a person who takes a "take all comers" crew and calls it good enough. Daw has his place.