Completing destiny steps

vinush

Hi guys,

Quick question here: I have the opportunity to complete two destiny steps for one character in a single session as they go hand in hand with one another and are inexplicably linked by the random web of fate when he made the character. My question is, do you think it is fair of me to complete the two steps in one for the player as I am robbing him of his chance to shine in a different session?

Thanks.

Vince.

Honestly, if it works for the story, go for it, as long as it's not slighting your other players.  I think it'd be a fun surprise to clear two in one session, especially if the first one is cleared early.  Then if you ever have an early destiny step in the future, the others in the group will wonder if it's their turn for a double-whammy.  The main drawback/complaint I would see is that they wouldn't have an epilogue between them to allocate their Aspect/Manifested Power.

• 5 months later...

I know this topic is a bit old but...

Some of the destiny phrases kind of have to be resolved together so that they are a complete thought.  Otherwise steps like "...and she knows..." just seems impossible to flow into an entire chapter without forcing it.  So, I prefer to resolve an entire phrase and then the next one or two destiny stories that focus on that character emphasize the development from the phrase.  For example one of my character's destiny is... "When your shadow is cast upon the wall the melody will be lost within the gutters and she knows."

During a chapter the group gets trapped in a sewer that leads to a crypt, the fated find several murals depicting the main fated.  They end up fighting an old hag who ends up being his mother (she) and upon her death the main fated realizes who she is (the melody being lost).  She tells him to let go of his hate of other beings (neverborn, undead, etc) and base his judgment solely on their actions not their 'birth'.  He accepts this and now is a better person.  His next two steps will be chapters of the story testing that lesson.

What do you all think?