Sign in to follow this  
Ludvig

Removing burning at end of turn

Question

Hey everyone. Would love some opinions on how to figure the following out:

During the upkeep phase of the end step (p35) most conditions end. It states that if the order of conditions ending is important the first player that turn chooses the order. Can a model only resolve conditions only once per end pahse or can it happen multiple times in the same turn? Neither of these options are directly spelled out in the rules as far as I can see.

The situation that prompted my question: 

Stalker is close to enemy model and both are burning. The stalker will die from its burning condition.

So can I (1) choose to first have the enemy resolve its burning (and other stuff) and after that have the witchling explode to put more burning on it. As the other model has already removed burning this turn it stays on to make Sonnia see them for the entire next turn?

Or (2) The enemy model removes burning, the witchling explodes putting more burning on my enemy, the enemy now removes burning a second time, repeating until no-one has any conditions left?

Your thoughts?

6 answers to this question

That's not as clear as it could have been, I agree. The Upkeep step doesn't end at a specific point, and Burning just says that it ends during the Upkeep step. Nothing there about Burning applied during the Upkeep step.

My gut feeling would opt for option 1, but it's really murky, I think.

I'm pretty sure it has to be 1. As otherwise poison would keep going until it was removed.

Edited by Adran

Adran, your comment about posion seems to imply you are also in camp 1. I didn't think to check the wording on posion, good call!

Dirial, I fully agree about it being very murky. I'm not sure we will be able to find a holy quote making everyone agree to either interpretation but I thought it would be interesting to take it up nonetheless. I am also leaning towards option 1 but I cn see how a lot of people would think that "gamey" if I used it with Sonnia.

The Poison comment is not entirely accurate.

A Poison Condition which has resolved already cannot be resolved again. You don't get to resolve one condition multiple times.

My opinion: Burning applied during the Upkeep phase would resolve that Upkeep phase, since it is a new Condition that hasn't yet been resolved, as would all other Conditions that resolve during Upkeep that are gained during Upkeep.

Hey everyone. Would love some opinions on how to figure the following out:

During the upkeep phase of the end step (p35) most conditions end. It states that if the order of conditions ending is important the first player that turn chooses the order. 

That's not what my book says. First player determines the order in which to resolves conditions on her models, then once that is done, second player do the same for his models.

• Like 1

Your right bengt! So if I am first player and resolve burning. Then you as second player explode and give me burning well as first player still I need to resolve my conditions still. Since it is clearly stall the upkeep phase. Then after resolving these new conditions. You as second player can resolve yours. Until we as players have successfully resolved all conditions that need resolving. If we ho back and forth till this done so be it. Bit no end of turn condition is escaping UPKEEP !!!!!!!