Agents of the Brushes (Sensei Yu Tutorial Pg 4.)

Thanks guys; we are still working on the lizardfrog, but the she on the we is having some fears about the freehand, so it have (discreetly) climbed down on the to-do list  :rolleyes:

I thought they were finished when I first saw the pics. Then I read the text and my jaw dropped. They are that stunning now and they are WIP!?! You guys need to be arrested by the talent police. Your painting skills are criminal!  :D

They can't arrest us, we're also agents  :ranged

Nice model!!

We're truly glad that you liked it, even more because you host the contest  :P

(He has a spanish Malifaux blog that, this month, had a painting contest where our silurid has won!)

Definitely the best of the plastic silurids and a very nice paintjob, do you think you cave the other two (dancing pokemon silurids?)

We started painting the three at the same time but, at some point, we saw the above said contest and decided to focus only in the one that we though it looks more charismatic (we called it La Ranita :D). I hope that when we retake the remaining two, we have improved enough to make them shine, because they're (really) more problematic. That's how they look right now:

fuz8EQQ.jpg

The one that is leaping is going to be quite similar to the one that we have semi-painted, beyond the pattern, but we (he) want that the other one looks a little more crazier.

B8rlfd6.png?1

We have started with Zoraida. We have decided to go with a east-europe look. 

VHyZnaz.png?1

She only has the basic colours and some work on the skin and the inner shirt. It was complicated to make the skin looks truly old and white, but we wanted she to look as witchy as she could. 

jYKdsQK.png?1

For the skirt, we (she) are gonna try to paint a freehand of this pattern.

1jDrKC3.png?1

We hope that will have more to show you soon :)

• Like 7

Would you kindly share, how did you paint Zoraida's skin? I would be most grateful :)

Yep:

Base: Basic Skintone.

Wash: Fleshtone Shade + a little of Neutral Grey.

Shadow: Basic Skintone + Beige Red + Neutral Grey.

Lights: Basic Skintone + Ivory/Light Flesh.

But we want to do some extra shading. Hope we can show you in the next update :)

• Like 1

Stunning, simply stunning. I would love a tutorial on your Silurid wash technique.

That's a more complicated recipe. We used a list of colours in different mixes for a more organic look. The trick is to make glazes with almost transparent paints.

-Dheneb Stone (GW) - For the base color and the tummy.

-Scorpion Green (GW) - For the green.

-Camo Green (GW) - For the blend between the Dheneb Stone and the Scorpion Green.

-Scorched Brown (GW) 

-Orange Brown (Vallejo)

-Saddle Brown (Vallejo)

-Burnt Umber (Vallejo) - For the deep shadows.

-Bleached Bone (GW) - Highlights.

-Ivory (Vallejo) - Highlights on the Dheneb Stone zones.

We mix everything with everything at some point, thats why we used so many colours.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I see a new update here I am super delighted and at the same time utterly crushed. :D 

Your level of painting is out of this world and it makes my own models look like they've been fingerpainted by a walrus. Can't wait to see this crew done. When are you getting to Juju? That has to be my favourite model of this box, then it's Zoraida, but Juju in your paints, now that is something to look forward to! 

• Like 1

Everytime I see a new update here I am super delighted and at the same time utterly crushed. :D 

Your level of painting is out of this world and it makes my own models look like they've been fingerpainted by a walrus. Can't wait to see this crew done. When are you getting to Juju? That has to be my favourite model of this box, then it's Zoraida, but Juju in your paints, now that is something to look forward to!

Jaja, thanks. Our painting schedule is something like this right now:

-Finish Zoraida.

-Voodoo Doll.

-Base colours for the Juju.

-Start with the two cool waldgeists.

We're trying to get, at least, one crew semipainted for our next tournament :)