The "Super Creative" Future Model Brainstorming Thread

Sir Prize the male rotten belle is obvious gold! Third'd. :)

Something from this thread has got to make it in this game - its statically probable!

I think WWX has the native american thing locked down - annnnnd I wouldn't want to try and compete with the quality of those minis. Plus the whole shapeshifter thing - its about as good as it can get.

Women wearing pants. I didn't think that would necessitate a post, but here we are.

Women. Wearing. Pants.

But... most women in the game wear pants? Perhaps I'm biased because I mostly paint Guild, but they all have pants.

Some of there are seriously missing pants though. Looking at you Beach Ball Vikkies. 

And Nurses, or rather long dresses if we are going anything like historical nurse attire. What they are wearing now looks like it was cribbed straight of some Halloween naughty nurse costume.

To be fair, the Nurses are McM's doing, and he isn't exactly all there to start with...

Yeah, and they have supposedly been driven insane themselves so they do have some excuse for not wearing sensible clothes. But what they are wearing feels really anachronistic, I mean google some Halloween nurse costumes if you haven't seen any (though perhaps not while at work :P). So I guess my complaint is more a general "weirdly sexualized in way that clashes with the setting" than the more specific "pants are missing".

The nurses are insane crones who willingly partake of insanity causing treatments and assist McMorning in truly reprehensible acts in order to look young and beautiful again. Don't forget that nurses are essentially crones wearing the skins of younger women. And that they are insane. I doubt very highly, from a story perspective, that a person will go through all of that and then choose to cover herself up.

I always felt the nurses were dressing sexy for themselves, so they could constantly look down and see what their actions paid for.

and the vast majority of the female models I can think of off the top of my head all wear pants, or ankle length dresses or skirts. Not sure I really understand that complaint.

The nurses are insane crones who willingly partake of insanity causing treatments and assist McMorning in truly reprehensible acts in order to look young and beautiful again. Don't forget that nurses are essentially crones wearing the skins of younger women. And that they are insane. I doubt very highly, from a story perspective, that a person will go through all of that and then choose to cover herself up.

I always felt the nurses were dressing sexy for themselves, so they could constantly look down and see what their actions paid for.

Obviously you can think that every vain woman automatically runs around half naked if you want. It still doesn't explain how they decided to wear clothes from 100 years into the future instead of something that was considered sexy in their own time.

Historical accuracy is not a thing I concern myself with in Malifaux. Robots are as anachronistic as female officers.

I don't need that much historical accuracy (it is an alternate history after all), but if something looks too modern it bugs me.

To me steampunk robots are fantastical rather than anachronistic. Other modern things can also work as long as they dressed up enough, e.g. someone can have a pocket communicator as long as it has enough gears and clockwork and other mumbo jumbo.

Awwwwwwwww... but mythicfox I didn't even get a crack at the Miss Anne Trope feminism thread before it was locked!... annnnnd somehow that rant crept into this thread and I still didn't get a say. Its not fair.

/sadface

If this thread gets locked I blame women who wear pants! ;)

*On Topic*

I'm pretty happy with the state of Malifaux minis at the present time so long as they don't end up taking the appeasing sensorship route that sometimes occurs when the consumer base gets bigger (nothing a little green stuff or a provocative proxy won't fix). You have a raw uncompromising idea in the beginning and overtime it begins eroding into a mainstream "typical" (read: boring) shadow of its former self. I want to see a game that continues to break the norm - Baritone Lola is a great example! Plus flip for you fine gentlemen @ Wyrd!

Keep the backbone strong Wyrd! B)

Random thought of the day; we have model that is a walking Johnny Cash reference, and that's great. But there's only one artist who's song gets stuck in my head every time I play this game, and that's Bob Dylan. Why? Blame it on a Simple Twist of Fate.

Now Dylan has no shortage of great characters in his cannon, but the best of them (for my money) comes from another song on Blood on the Tracks. The character Malifaux needs right now is the Jack of Rams.

He's a drifter, con man, actor. Say, Outcast enforcer with the Showgirl characteristic (there's no actor anywhere better than the Jack of Hearts). Abilities would have to include Disguised (somebody hurried by in the costume of a monk...), and Chatty (...he turned their heads). Give him a (Df) trigger Some Way Outta Here - After resolving make a walk action with this model.

Give him an attack;

One good deed - Target model makes a (1) attack action. With the trigger (Ram) ...Before you die - after succeeding the target suffers 4 damage

And a couple tactical actions;

(1) Business Back in Town - Place a scheme marker within 6", this model gains slow at the beginning of its next activation.

(1) Life is But a Joke - Take a (1) interact action anywhere on the board, sacrifice this model. With the trigger (Ram) Tangled up in Blue - After succeeding flip the top card of the deck it may not be cheated. If the card is a Tome don't sacrifice this model, instead it takes damage equal to half its remaining wounds.

(2) Napoleon in Rags - Until the end of the turn this model gains the condition "Mystery Tramp - This model controls all push and place effects beginning or ending within aura 6"

Or something completely different. Whatever.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, you should probably check out the "Wyrd Watch" fools_daily podcast. Justin alluded to this thread mentioning that it seemed alot of people wanted carnival stuff. Maybe some of these ideas will make it into the line up for next year models (or even just simply confirm genuine interest), who knows?

Until then, feel free to continue to vomit as many ideas as you can. :D

EDIT:

Should probably add an idea to keep it on topic - I'd like to reiterate the need for crazy asylum patient models to give the orderlies and McM something to look after. :)

Bonus points if they look like psychos from borderlands.

• Like 1

Not surprised they scan it, lots of good ideas in here. I'm sure there's a whiteboard somewhere in Wyrd HQ where they've scratched some of the ideas we've come up with.

And for content...I was thinking I'd like to see a human TT with the Retainer characteristic. Dunno what it'd do, but there you go.

I am throwing this out there for a friend of mine. He is a very stubborn and picky individual with specific tastes.

He likes the Malifaux rules system, but not any of the models in particular. Reason being is that none of them are knights. He likes shining, heroic, human knights and not much else athestically. His pickyness goes further in that said knights have to be officially supported in the setting, and therefore proxy is out of the question because he would feel they are out of place.

So I would like to see a crew of a knightly order dedicated to some such task or another, just to get my friend to play :) .