The "Super Creative" Future Model Brainstorming Thread

Really cool ideas.

Awesome idea bandages!  It seems like it would fit into the world perfectly, especially since circuses were still around in the early 1900's.  The models could be suitably Malifaux-ed up.  Make them just seem a little off- something that you can't quite place your finger on, but they would be even more creepy because of that.

I can't see any non-Neverborn thinking they're anything but evil.  Except maybe Leveticus.

First off I'm a bit curious why Leveticus would be the only exception.

Anyway, I think most of the human populous of Malifaux would think Neverborn are evil since The Guild dominate the media and they are no doubt are selling them pretty heavily as the big bad that they are protecting people from. The other large population, Gremlins, on the other hand doesn't seem to have any particular aversion to Neverborn, and may not even use concept such as Good and Evil, their morality seem to follow different paths.

But as you brought up Leveticus I guess you meant that the other factions/masters think Neverborn are evil and I don't see that at all. From the fluff I've read (which doesn't include book 1:3 & 1:4) there is never much animosity shown between Neverborn and others (except The Guild), it's much more common to be Guild vs someone. Quite frankly The Guild is the big bad of the setting that everyone is worrying about, at least in the short term, long term we have tyrants and such. Sure everyone can clash with anyone for a story, but Neverborn is in no way overrepresented.

Guild
It seems likely that the single faction Guild masters drink their own cool aid and get with the program.

Ressers, Ten Thunders
They prey on society and will probably think of Neverborn as other predators, not because Neverborn are evil but because it's the smart thing to do in their opinion.
The ressers by accident (Molly & Kirai) will probably go with the general population.

Arcanists
The M&SU is mixed with the population and will probably follow along with it. They have their own underground media but it's probably too busy dissing The Guild to balance any view of the Neverborn.
Marcus seems way too pragmatic to think of anyone as evil, he probably sees everything through survival of the fittest goggles.
Rasputina could go either way, she was part of society at some point but has lived with a crazy cult for some time now.

Gremlins
Like the Gremlin population in general.

Outcasts
The mercenaries (VS, Viks, Lev) would be too pragmatic.
Hamelin is a nihilist and as such would see good and evil as silly superstitions.
Jack Daw, Crossroads make it seems like he just wanders around and kills EVERYONE if he senses a hint of betrayal.
Tara is a bit of a cipher in the fluff I've read, so I have no opinion.

Whiskey Gamin!!! Yes!

I would love to see more circus stuff - killer Penguins and scary carnies and all! I can't wait to see the asylum crew - I'm all over horror stuff like that too.

I'm trying to think of what Justin alluded too - I'm guessing these conscience-stricken Neverborn will be making an appearence in the starter box because of the whole "wretch" theme... perhaps Angeleyes feels sorry for us pitiful humans? :)

I've said it before but I really think we will eventually see master rotation (like in 2-3 years, haha) where some masters phase out and get replaced by new masters to keep things new or fresh - they have synergy with the same core crew but also bring their twist to it - or just a slight tweak to balance or change things up productively without errata and making money atthe same time (PROFIT!). At the same time, you would be allowed to use your old master in a sort of "legacy format."

ie. Leveticus goes apeshit in his quest for awesomeness... he "improves himself" (like Donald Sutherland in Virus) and suckers Rusty Alyce into it at the same time in an attempt at transcendence or something. He dies in his efforts to become a Tyrant and new and improved Rusty Alyce now gains sentient control over an army of scary abomination creatures (aka crew compsition is faction + any model with both "construct" and "undead" characteristics). Samuel taking over for Sonnia because she finally just runs away to isolate herself completely and is never seen again, etc.

• Like 1

Seeing as there are almost limitless possibilitys to expand the malifaux universe i'm just gonna leave a few short bulettpoints as inspiration:

- Big Game Hunters: Like in africa, basically rich bored dudes who want to hang a 10feet crocodile head over their fireblace back home in their mansion. Of course they hire local guides and carriers (gremlins).

- Mining companies that want all OTHER resources that are available in malifaux (gold, silver, rare wood, etc.)

- Slavers kidnapping gremlins to work earthside. Horrible horrible consequences earthside after exponential reproduction of the gremlins included.

- Scientists wanting to catalogue the animals and plants of malifaux.

- Malifaux "the world" suppossedly is a big place. There can be more, different, rival kinds of neverborn and gremlins (desertgremlin, jungle gremlin)

- This also leads to the possibility of there being another huge breach. Maybe in Russia leading to somewhere in malifaux, hundrets of miles away from Malifaux-City.

• Like 3

- Big Game Hunters: Like in africa, basically rich bored dudes who want to hang a 10feet crocodile head over their fireblace back home in their mansion. Of course they hire local guides and carriers (gremlins).

This sounds awesome!

- Slavers kidnapping gremlins to work earthside. Horrible horrible consequences earthside after exponential reproduction of the gremlins included.

This sounds... less awesome :D

This one is probably my favorite.

• Like 1

I wound like to see the silurid evolution go a step further. Since 3 Gupps turn into one Silurid, maybe two silurids can dance together into something big, nasty, and rare 1. I am thinking the bastard child of the Coryphee Duet and Sabertooth Cerberus, rule-wise, so to say.

I would like to see more characters that had jobs around Malifaux towns.

- A sort of Woodsman a la the old Fairytales.

- Barber, since we have showgirls/bartenders/plenty of hammer wielders/etc. Finish off the Western town feel.

- An unsavory butcher type that sells whatever meat he comes across (could trigger poison from Neverborn meat, light heal from tasty rat, something cookish though).

- Junk dealer, think Mr. Haney from Green acres. More gambling on card draws (trigger on any suit but needs a Medium-High card) for effects.

More thoughts...

I'd like to see a Mimic upgrade called "Sincerest Flattery" (from the expression "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery").

A box similar to University of Transmortis, but with the models being ordinary Malifaux citizens and the scenario being citizens that are pissed at the crews that keep trampling all over their day-to-day. Maybe Outcast models. I'm thinking three...being Butcher, Baker, and Candle-Stick Maker :)

An Ancestor model that provides benefits to Retainers.

Sleepwalking humans (Neverborn faction, at least) that have at least a bit of synergy with Dreamer.

Ressurectionist/Neverborn zombies themed very much along the lines of voodoo zombies, decent on their own but some synergy with Zoraida. Swampfiend typing, perhaps?

The fluff in the first book (1st edition) mentioned that all the botanists went out to study Malifaux's flora, but they never returned.

I actually had an idea for a costume model that would be a neverborn/archanist academic who returns after being missing for so many years and uses different plant toxins and a blow gun to turn people into vodoo zombies.

I would like to see more characters that had jobs around Malifaux towns.

- A sort of Woodsman a la the old Fairytales.

- Barber, since we have showgirls/bartenders/plenty of hammer wielders/etc. Finish off the Western town feel.

- An unsavory butcher type that sells whatever meat he comes across (could trigger poison from Neverborn meat, light heal from tasty rat, something cookish though).

- Junk dealer, think Mr. Haney from Green acres. More gambling on card draws (trigger on any suit but needs a Medium-High card) for effects.

A western style barber would be interesting, especially as they usually doubled as "doctors". However, a Malifaux version of Sweeney Todd would be pretty awesome as more of a city barber.

• Like 1

a further take on the Freak show element could be a take on the Indian rubber-man, something along the lines of 'dhalsim' crossed with 'Mirin Dajo' (http://scribol.com/anthropology-and-history/the-man-who-could-survive-being-impaled-by-a-sword/1) and India’s Sufi Muslims.

Another possibility could be instead of Siamese Twins, you have Siamese Triplets. To Malifaux it up you could have 1 Male, 1 Female and 1 Neverborn all attached in some horrific twisted yet delightful way :)

Crossing the breach affects everyone different. Most people are fine, just reporting a brief tickling sensation. For some crossing the breach awakens hidden talents, and for others it unhinges the mind. Most of those that are driven insane are quickly taken care of just the nature of Malifaux. Wandering into the quarantine zones or the wilds they are seldom heard from again. A few though desperately try to battle the insanity by grabbing onto any foundation they can. A few of those fighters have managed to find peace by patching onto the foundation that is Guild law. These handful of men are joking referenced to as clerics by the population, as they wander the streets and hold impromptu sermons preaching the Guilds law. Originally wanting to arrest these "clerics" before they made a mockery of Guild law, some guardsmen interrupted one of their sermons. Upon arriving though the guardsmen were amazing at the following these clerics had. People seem hypnotized just listening to these lunatics rave about the Guild and the Guild law. Instead of arresting these mad men, the guild has recruited them into their services to remind the population of the law. 

Aestheitc: I see the Clerics as madmen that the Guild has dressed up in fancy robes and Guild symbols. Should be a ripped/drity robe and wild hair.

Gameplay. Mainly see them as a support minion. Brings different "sermons" that buff the Guild. Figure different abilities could be like
Sermon of Passport Papers
Sermon of Curfew
Sermon of Prohibition
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could see a group of religious pilgrims who believe Malifaux is their promised land. They live outside the city in the wastelands, mostly battling for survival against neverborn/gremlins/malifaux animals/the elements/everything else and thus are damn tough and not looking to live under the Guild's (or anyone else's) thumb.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Uh oh... sorry for a bit of thread rez buuuut...

Since we have a Hans... how about a Frans? Melee master with two big ass fist weapons who From the Shadows. +attack @ MI7 but only a 1/2/3 dmg track with built in trigger to attack again without triggers (like he's machine gun punching). He'd have a big boost to df/wp while engaged and targeted by another model. "This one's next!": +attack for Hans if Frans is within 1" of enemy. He'd hold'em and big brother Hans would explod'em. Just had a thought and figured I'd share! :)

I recently was thinking about potential new masters and i want a Grem/Resser master that is like a resser "fan boy" who has collected items from each resser master that he/she uses to raise dead and spirits along with other actions/upgrades that represent items stolen and abilities of other ressers.

The image that came up in my mind was some bayou gremlin with a backpack (full of resser stuff) running around ressing things by touching them with Nicodems leg

• Like 1