TTB FAQ (1-6-15)

Mason

• 1 month later...

Pages 153 and 161, Fated Almanac: The Blunderbuss special rule makes reference to Short and Long Range, which I can't find in the rule book. Page 206 is pretty clear that a weapon's range is simply the one used in combat, implying Short and Long Range do not exist. How does the Blunderbuss special rule actually work?

Pages 153 and 161, Fated Almanac: The Blunderbuss special rule makes reference to Short and Long Range, which I can't find in the rule book. Page 206 is pretty clear that a weapon's range is simply the one used in combat, implying Short and Long Range do not exist. How does the Blunderbuss special rule actually work?

This one is actually on my list for the next round of errata (which is still a ways out; it's a pretty small list). However, in the interest of players that want to use weapons with the Blunderbuss special rule in the meantime, it's changing to:

Blunderbuss: This weapon gains  :+fate  to damage flips against targets within the first third of its range, relative to the wielder, and  :-fate  to Damage Flips against targets within the last third of its range.

I think the suit of the critical comes from the critical flip itself rather than the attack or damage flip.

Correct. To generate a Weak Critical Effect, flip a card off the top of the deck and consult the Weak Critical Effect table. The value of the flipped card will determine the specific critical effect, and the suit will determine the location.

• Like 1

Here's a question:  If a character gains the Focused condition, the bonus applies to the next "non-Focus" action.  But what if the next "non-Focus" action is like a Charge, which combines several actions?

• Is there no bonus, because the first element is actually movement?
  • Is the bonus applied to the first element to be resolved with a flip (e.g., the first attack after making the Charge move)?
  • Is the bonus applied to every element of the overall action (e.g., both the attacks that come after making the Charge move)?