Hoffman crew box

I was really looking forward to this set as soon as I saw the pictures online, and I picked it up as soon as it was available. after assembling them all, I really feel it's only the Watcher that I actually don't like, The Guardian is a little static but thats personnal preferance I guess (i'm going to cut it up and repose it as a little project :) ), The Hunters look ace even with the mirror, and the chances of me feilding more than one at a time is actually quite slim. The Mechanical assistant is cool, the way he is holding the gun bugs me so I've fixed that. Hoffman is just awesome!, I can't wait to paint him.

I've only just got into Malifaux so I can't make any comparison to the metal version. 

I think that if I was to do it all again I'd still get it just because of Hoffman and the Hunters :) 

I also bought the box from a store...

Well the watcher disapointed me i like the pose in 2D but it dident work in 3D

The guardian is fantastic! Really loved it, i only hoped that it was a enforcer.

I dont have a problem with the hunters only that they are a bit small they could have been bigger!

They're probably formulating a response. That may or may not involve talking to their manufacturing facilities in China. I'm sure they're working towards something, but the answer might not be as swift as you'd like.

Edit: In the mean time, if you don't wish to wait, I'm thinking dark eldar scourge wings make an excellent basis for a conversion.

Same here.  There was some fluff in twisting fates where an archanist raiding party rides some.  Must have been a tall tale!

So long as the suspension and motors on the legs was strong enough, there's no reason you couldn't ride those (eg, the metal spine can handle it). Much more realistic to ride a robot dog than many of the live animal mounts used in a number of games.

• Like 2

Given their fairly unsatisfactory response (judging by people's counter-response) to the Nekima issue I suspect it will be something along the lines of 'this was as it was intended, there is nothing being done about it'.  Still, as somebody who quite likes the Watcher I don't really think they need a response (you can't satisfy all of the people all of the time after all).

But you should probably try to satisfy most of them, most of the time!! If the overwhelming response you are getting is that people are fed up with the odd scaling issues, then burying your head in the sand could be considered a risky business strategy! Let's be honest, we nerds are a fickle bunch, and if another company releases a fun game with awesome plastic models that don't have rediculous scale issues then half of us would be selling our ht 3 young lacroix and ht 1 Nekimas in a second!

On a personal level, I think it is an issue and I really wish they'd fix it but I also agree with Surreylee when he says there are bigger issues out there!!

• Like 1

How are the people that post on these forums "overwhelming"?  Or even "majority"?

I like the new watcher.  I really like the new nekima.

I didn't say anything about an overwhelming majority. Where did you read that? There are a number of posts on this forum where a number of people have expressed frustration with the scale of several Malifaux models. I'd expressed the oppinion that that could be seen to be risky from a business perspective and I stand by that comment.

Just bought the box.... how the f*** do you put hoffman thogether??

Cant find assembly instructions

And also i only got 1 hunter statcard and 1 50mm base!

Yeah i was moaning when i first bought the box that there appeared to be only one hunter; been in box all week awaiting to be constructed.. looked at sprue and low and behold a second hunter! Woop. But no base or stat card :s

As for the contents; the models seem really good; Watcher also in this case looks quite dramatic - although i would of liked a death marshall'esk pose - maybe a piece of terrain or something to perch on. Also looking at the flesh construct and wendigo from past releases - they could of had a watcher diving into a models chest if they follow the epic pose trend that wyrd seem to like.