Nekima Announcement

Lucidicide

Well, I was hoping it was a scale issue, boo. 

As usual you guys step up to the plate and make things right, but I was thinking either way it was an honest mistake. Things happen (bad! hah!). I don't know about others, but I appreciate this company, and am happy to be a customer.

Even if Nekima is the size of a nasty human ;)

• Like 2

Thanks AAron for letting us know. I appreciate the drop in price from $35 to $25 based on the model that was made but I am still dissapointed that this model was made in its current small size. After going through the thread that you linked this reply to, the majority of the posters in that thread also agree that the model is just too small and not just because of the initial listed $35 price. I would have rather paid the $35 or even $40 for a model that came in near the size of the old metal one. 

• Like 2

While I appreciate the the fact that you will go through all the trouble it will become, to return all the money to so many different people... I cant help but feeling that it still was a scale issue, but this way it will be easier for you guys instead of making an entire new figure... I mean her size still does not make sense to me, and I am one of the few people who really dont care about the money... I just want her to be the kinda figure EVERYONE thought she was going to be.

I dont want her to be as big as the old model or anything, but I think she is one of the smallet HT3 on a 50mm I have ever seen :/

Still love you guys, still love the game and all that, but I am also still truly and deeply disappointed in what used to be my all time favorite figure...  

• Like 2

Well that's the easier way to get it done, i guess....but imho that was not the issue. It was the model's size, and that didn't have much to do with what was paid for it.

25$ for something i won't use is better than 35$...yes.

But i'd still prefer 35$ for something i would use.

Thanks for wyrd to actually do something, never easy in business, even if it's not what i hoped it would be.

----

That said, please..by all means...please make a Nightmare version of Nekima. You got the rules down this edition...so with the right model (and you don't even need to change the pose or sculpt, just resize)....it'd be perfect...finally.

• Like 3

Great to get a refund but i am concerned how this affects my special ed models. With nekima at the higher price my total was $303. When you refund it then obviously its under the $300 threshold. Will i still get the performer and bete noire as i made sure i got to this total specifically wanting those models?

Just a small concern but a concern nonetheless

While I appreciate the the fact that you will go through all the trouble it will become, to return all the money to so many different people... I cant help but feeling that it still was a scale issue, but this way it will be easier for you guys instead of making an entire new figure... I mean her size still does not make sense to me, and I am one of the few people who really dont care about the money... I just want her to be the kinda figure EVERYONE thought she was going to be.

I dont want her to be as big as the old model or anything, but I think she is one of the smallet HT3 on a 50mm I have ever seen :/

Still love you guys, still love the game and all that, but I am also still truly and deeply disappointed in what used to be my all time favorite figure...

Well that's the easier way to get it done, i guess....but imho that was not the issue. It was the model's size, and that didn't have much to do with what was paid for it.

25$ for something i won't use is better than 35$...yes.

But i'd still prefer 35$ for something i would use.

Thanks for wyrd to actually do something, never easy in business, even if it's not what i hoped it would be.

----

That said, please..by all means...please make a Nightmare version of Nekima. You got the rules down this edition...so with the right model (and you don't even need to change the pose or sculpt, just resize)....it'd be perfect...finally.

I do think that $25 would be the right price tag for this model, if it were a Miss Model version of Barbaros, aka Barbarella. But it's not. It's an improperly scaled Nekima model.

I also appreciate the effort to appease many of the complaints with a price reduction / refund, but it's still just a temporary fix, not an actual solution.

It's another case of the genie being out of the bottle, this time with us already seeing Nekima's art, well before Crossroads was released, and now that we have seen the bad scaling issue, again, so soon after mega-Hannah who can't even fit in her designated box and the Female Multi Part Models who stand heads and shoulders above their male counterparts.

We love the game. We love the models. What we don't love is the ever-growing track record of these little snafus. Mistakes happen. Repeated mistakes are less forgivable. Didn't Wyrd just get back from a trip to the factory to fix these scale problems?

That's just my fistful of Guild Scrip.

• Like 3

I do think that $25 would be the right price tag for this model, if it were a Miss Model version of Barbaros, aka Barbarella. But it's not. It's an improperly scaled Nekima model.

I also appreciate the effort to appease many of the complaints with a price reduction / refund, but it's still just a temporary fix, not an actual solution.

It's another case of the genie being out of the bottle, this time with us already seeing Nekima's art, well before Crossroads was released, and now that we have seen the bad scaling issue, again, so soon after mega-Hannah who can't even fit in her designated box and the Female Multi Part Models who stand heads and shoulders above their male counterparts.

We love the game. We love the models. What we don't love is the ever-growing track record of these little snafus. Mistakes happen. Repeated mistakes are less forgivable. Didn't Wyrd just get back from a trip to the factory to fix these scale problems?

That's just my fistful of Guild Scrip.

It's not often I agree with you.

But I completely agree with you.

Wyrd is actually becoming known as "that miniature company that can't get its scale right". And I've also been asked if it is "that company that has delays and production issues..."

I love Wyrd, I love the game. I love the people who run it. You move to fix problems VERY quickly.

But isn't it time to address the out of scale elephant in the room? Why can't or won't Wyrd fix it's production issues?

It is putting people off the game. I don't think I'll buy any more Wyrd models until I've seen a scale photo. And until this point I'd buy Wyrd models even if it meant I'd have to fight a rabid dog for the opportunity....

• Like 7

Agreed with the "temporary" aspect of this fix...i wonder how many more years is it going to take to get it right, if ever.

• Took years for the rules to get shaped up. Didn't happen for 1st ed...still M2E came in to save the day.
  • They managed a nice feat to create a new look (artwork) for nekima that was quite fine despite the original being great.
  • Then they make her much, much smaller than the original.

But why make her smaller?  Surely no one at Wyrd sat down one morning and declared  "Guys, let's shrink Nekima, she's too big right now" at random, when you have rail or ice golems lurking about. This feels more like they discovered it was smaller than expected, then forgot to ajust the price accordingly....speculating of course.

On the long term though, this fix will still leave us with a shrunk Nekima on the game tables and i wish there was something we (yes, Wyrd and the part of the community that are fans of Nekima) could do about it.

Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Nightmare edition...something.

• Like 3

Nekima from what I can see is not out of scale. She might not be the height everyone was expecting, and that is a seperate issue, and a valid concern. But that fact does not necessarily translate into opps we scaled her wrong.

However if you look at the base insert that comes with her, at least to me it looks scaled what I have seen for the base that comes with her. If she was scaled incorrectly the base insert would be obviously too small for her base, which it isn't. From why I can see she is the height Wyrd intended her to be. That doesn't mean people have to be happy or silent on that issue, I just feel it isn't helpful to automatically assume they must have intended her to be taller, and feel that therefore a mistake was made.

There are many things about the new M2E figures to like, and many to dislike. I loath prancing princess Molly, happy go skippy kirai, and stagehand Colette, but I'm not assuming someone unknowingly signed off on artwork they couldn't possibly have intended.

As was made very clear when they released nightmare Tara, the process of casting plastics puts alot of variables into the price that might not be apparent just from te amount of plastic. Its entirely possible that they ran the numbers on what casting her at a size similar to the last nekima would have been and concluded the price point might have been too high for anyone other than die hard nekima fans, and therefore went with the smaller model.

• Like 4

Totally reasonable. Just mentioning that the narrative of Nekima being "accidentally out of scale" seems to be quickly snowballing, to the point where it might become the accepted truth, whether that truth has any basis in reality. I thought it would be best if someone pointed out that it is exceptionally likely there is no scaling issue, and Wyrd just made her smaller, so the discussion can get back onto how dissatisfied people are with the new model, rather than feeding the narrative that there must be a scaling issue and therefore an expected "fix" to remedy the situation.

I'll totally concede there might be a scaling issue. However her base insert, and the pricing change lend some strong support that this model is the height Wyrd intended, if not exactly desired, Nekima to be.

• Like 3

Her head seems smaller/on par with Lilith's and her sword is about the same lenght as her sister and less imposing than Barbaros's macahuatl. It doesn't look like she has 3" melee range. Her wings are on par with a young's....not even close to a Mature.

I am not exaggerating when saying that it's completely off the descriptions. 

So...why would they decide to do this anyway? There was nothing to gain imho.

I'm going to say they gain two things: no base overhangs (looking at you, Hannah), and a cheaper price point for people.

Also, she already dropped from HT4 in 1E to HT3 in 2E. She's already smaller than before in the rules.

I don't really have an iron in this fire, but I'll throw in with not believing she's accidentally out of scale. I think Wyrd learned their lessons with the Brass Arachnid, Cojo, Skeeter, and Hannah, and simply don't want models to be out of size for their bases anymore. I mean, even the Pigapult fits on a 50mm now.

Edit: I want to make clear that I'm not saying that makes the size change okay to players from 1E. I came in with the start of 2E, so I don't really care what she looked like before.

• Like 3

I'm going to say they gain two things: no base overhangs (looking at you, Hannah), and a cheaper price point for people.

Also, she already dropped from HT4 in 1E to HT3 in 2E. She's already smaller than before in the rules.

I don't really have an iron in this fire, but I'll throw in with not believing she's accidentally out of scale. I think Wyrd learned their lessons with the Brass Arachnid, Cojo, Skeeter, and Hannah, and simply don't want models to be out of size for their bases anymore. I mean, even the Pigapult fits on a 50mm now.

Edit: I want to make clear that I'm not saying that makes the size change okay to players from 1E. I came in with the start of 2E, so I don't really care what she looked like before.

Old Nekima was huge, but also fit on her base fine, the only minor overhang was the wings and weapon and because of the posing they've never got in the way.  While old Nekima was rough to transport she had no tabletop issues.

It's not often I agree with you.

But I completely agree with you.

Wyrd is actually becoming known as "that miniature company that can't get its scale right". And I've also been asked if it is "that company that has delays and production issues..."

I love Wyrd, I love the game. I love the people who run it. You move to fix problems VERY quickly.

But isn't it time to address the out of scale elephant in the room? Why can't or won't Wyrd fix it's production issues?

It is putting people off the game. I don't think I'll buy any more Wyrd models until I've seen a scale photo. And until this point I'd buy Wyrd models even if it meant I'd have to fight a rabid dog for the opportunity....

Just want to back this up 100% and hope this gets more attention.

• Like 2

I am not exaggerating when saying that it's completely off the descriptions. 

I think the 1ed Nekima was the model that spawned the most controversy of all metal miniatures produced by Wyrd. People complained about how difficult it is to assemble, how hard it is to transport and how wobly it is on tt.

I believe, Wyrd wanted to address this and actually, you know, make people happy, by scaling the model down so that it is easier to handle.

When I first saw the scale shot, I thought 'Well, isn't that what most of you people wanted anyway?'

I, BTW, also think she is too small, and worse sculpt overall than the first one, but that's mainly because I simply really like the old model and it fits my expectations of a wicked warrior/daemon lady pretty much, spot on.