Getting the most out of the Pigapult

Malal

Hayou Bayou fans

I have two questions about da pig'apult:

1) once the bacon is loaded, how many times can da pia'apult shoot?? the Bacon Barrage is 1AP with reckless it would have 3AP so three shots per bacon load :wub: ? I am reading this correctly?

2) once the bacon is loaded can I first Launch'n (1) and then shoot the Bacon Barrage(1)?

for instance first load bacon with a stuffed piglet, then launch a stuffed piglet towards a clump of enemy models. Then, attack the now paralyzed piglet with the bacon barge. with a bit of cheating and/or good luck this will produce several blast and significant damage. as final action a piglet could be place in base contact with the mentioned clump stooping them from SH da Pig'apult.

would this be a valid movement??  or I am missing something here??

regards

EZ :ph34r:

That works.

Once you have killed a pig, you can bacon barrage for as many AP as it has if you want.

You can't cheat the damage flip if you have sacrificed a Stuffed pig to the Pigapult, but with a little bit of luck you can get positive Damage flips.

I advise dropping the pig just out of Ml range of an enemy model, or just beyond 2" which ever is nearer, so you don't randomise. Cheat the Pig low, cheat the Pult high and hope for blasts. Then when the Pig dies, you get another explosion from its death.

To be truely nasty you also hire Killjoy and bring him out from the death of the stuffed piglet.

• 2 years later...
On 1/25/2015 at 10:42 AM, Verdeloth said:

What i can see it should be

50 ss

Ulix 7 ss

husbandry 3

Old major 9

corn husk 2

Mc tavish 10

cute critters 1

Penelope 2

The sow 8

pigapult 8

Pig 4

Turn one. Breed 3 pigs from sow. Use the summoned pigs to put scheme for a upcomming warpig. Use proper care to heal sow and summoned pigs up with 2.

Turn two breed 2 times so sow die and summon another 2 pigs. Last ap remove scheme marker and get a warpig use proper care again for 0 ap and heal up all.

That would give us 7 fresh pigs from summon, 1 warpig with 2 damage and ulix will be at 2 wound.

Can do same but with a slop hauler instead of the first proper care that will save 2 wounds on ulix.

And from this position maximize the pig rush with mayor and Penelope and use mc tavish for snipe / free ap with boost to pigs.

Like you say lots of beacon to the Pigapult :)

This is my paper version of how i prob would set him up. Im intressted to hear your opinion

So I know this is an older post - especially with Broken Promises about to hit stores and all - but I tried this idea out last night.

Minor revision: I swapped Cute Critters out for Clobberin' Stick because I wanted Ulix to have the ability to grab a card.  Pulling out three 9+ cards to summon all the time was not easy - and that saved my bacon (EDIT: pun habitual not intentional).  

I was able to birth piglets in round one.  It was card intensive - I had two 11's and a 12 in control hand and had to cheat each time, pretty much wiping me of good cards.

That was a big disadvantage for me because I was playing against Tara with 3 Guild Marshalls, 3 Void wretches and Killjoy.

Toward the end of round one,  I'd sacrificed a pig and taken out a Death Marsh with Pigapult with three pigs ready to go. Then a reactivated Tara was on my side of the board, casually plopped our Killjoy in my pig farm and then Faces of The Void to zero action back to her deployment zone.

At the start of round two, Pigapult was great in softening up Killy.  Helped McT to take him down by round 3 (I had Vendetta with McT killing Killjoy so I got all three points). But Killy wiped out Old Major and it was kind of a s#!+show from there.  It was a tarpit enough for Death Marshalls to run in an pine box the crew into uselessness.  I'd racked up 5 points from schemes but my opponent got all 10.

There's some good ideas in the crew build.  But considering the strat was Reconnoiter - something Ulix should succeed at - it was a kick in the teeth to see him lose.