Getting the most out of the Pigapult

Malal

Wait, Somer is considered to be a weak master in some areas? What?

While I wouldn't say that he dominates our local meta (seeing as literally everyone plays Guild), he's made a fair name for himself. I suppose I should be paying closer attention to the Gremlin boards... He is practically immortal, he has a good gun, he summons, he buffs, he debuffs. Anybody mind explaining really quickly what people think he is missing?

Wait, Somer is considered to be a weak master in some areas? What?

While I wouldn't say that he dominates our local meta (seeing as literally everyone plays Guild), he's made a fair name for himself. I suppose I should be paying closer attention to the Gremlin boards... He is practically immortal, he has a good gun, he summons, he buffs, he debuffs. Anybody mind explaining really quickly what people think he is missing?

I have to say that I haven't seen anyone claim Somer as lacking in M2E. The only criticism I've seen levelled against him is that he is one of the weakest Summoners in a way (compared to Ramos he is kinda sad) but that is not really a coherent argument on him being weak.

I have to say that I haven't seen anyone claim Somer as lacking in M2E. The only criticism I've seen levelled against him is that he is one of the weakest Summoners in a way (compared to Ramos he is kinda sad) but that is not really a coherent argument on him being weak.

He really sucks at summoning :D

Yeah, I don't really rate his summoning as it's too resource intensive for too little payout, at range he sits somewhere between Ophelia and Wong in a single target dps to aoe dps spectrum not really stronger or weaker, just they each excell at slightly different jobs, top tier defence within the faction, top tier buffer and debuffer. 

I think any negatives thrown at him (and I've probably been guilty of this in the past) result from him not being the very best Gremlin Master at any one job, however i'm coming round to the fact he is a strong contender in almost every facet of the game.

• Like 1

Malal hit the nail on the head. Som'er is often viewed as weak because he isn't great at any one thing however he is capable in all areas. Ulix wrangles pigs better, Ophelia deals way more damage, Mah supports the crew better, etc. None of them are capable in all these areas though. Additionally, Som'er has a very different play style than the others because of this versatility, knowing when to adapt his style is a huge part of being successful with him.

Lastly, when I say from the beginning I mean from way back in first edition, you know that which existed before M2e.

• Like 1

Mah support her crew better than Somer? Maybe if you discount the Skeeters (and even then it's debatable IMO) but I consider Somer one of the best support Masters in the game. With the abundance of Triggers on Gremlins Do it Like Dis is huge, Somer's card draw is nothing short of amazing and Encouragement is just altogether sweet.

I'm actually hard-pressed to name a better support Master. Lucius or McCabe maybe. Shen Long? Hoffman, Colette, and Collodi could be considered such but they are so different from Somer that a straight up comparison is difficult.

• Like 1

I was wondering about the viablity of a Lenny, Pig-a-pult and Student of Conflict combo. Forgive me if someone has suggested this already. The initial caveat is that fast requires (2) so she'd have to be immobile and deploy within 4" of both of her recipients.

That's a potential 3 piggies Turn 1 and a Fast Pig-a-pult each Turn thereafter. which is very dependent on starting cards. However, you could forgo Lenny for a couple of Stuffed Piglets as cheap ammo. Also, if push comes to shove, you could always Launch her into engagement.

Main problems I see are the soulstone invesment and the fact that at least 14ss worth of models can't interfact. Not too great for Headhunter unless you've got something else to pick up the markers. Similarly, for Guard the Stash, that's the same amount of models that can't contribute to the Strategy.

I was wondering about the viablity of a Lenny, Pig-a-pult and Student of Conflict combo. Forgive me if someone has suggested this already. The initial caveat is that fast requires (2) so she'd have to be immobile and deploy within 4" of both of her recipients.

That's a potential 3 piggies Turn 1 and a Fast Pig-a-pult each Turn thereafter. which is very dependent on starting cards. However, you could forgo Lenny for a couple of Stuffed Piglets as cheap ammo. Also, if push comes to shove, you could always Launch her into engagement.

Main problems I see are the soulstone invesment and the fact that at least 14ss worth of models can't interfact. Not too great for Headhunter unless you've got something else to pick up the markers. Similarly, for Guard the Stash, that's the same amount of models that can't contribute to the Strategy.

Pigapult has reckless, that is automatically healed if you are sacrificing pigs to it, so I don't think its commonly going to be a sensible targte for the Student of Conflict (that 5 ss spent on the student could get you a slop hauler, that will heal up the reckless on the pigapult as well as healing other stuff).

Well the combo seemed much less worthwhile when I realised that Lenny is "immune" to Fast.  :P

Pigapult has reckless, that is automatically healed if you are sacrificing pigs to it, so I don't think its commonly going to be a sensible targte for the Student of Conflict (that 5 ss spent on the student could get you a slop hauler, that will heal up the reckless on the pigapult as well as healing other stuff).

Ah, but the idea isn't to get Reckless for "free", it's to get both Reckless and Fast. Student of Conflict's only 4SS as well.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Unless I have been playing wrong, I have found that the Pigapult makes "Delivering a Message" all kinds of easy. Wait out the other player's activations, toss a (preferably summoned) Gremmy at the enemy Master, activate to shake Paralyzed. Round 2, try to win initiative or just plain survive for an easy 3 points!

• Like 1

I ran my pigapult last night, was a lot of fun, especially when on a double neg damage flip the red joker appeared! 10 damage right there :-)

Am i right with the assumption that you can only use bacon load once though? that's how I was playing it and not sure that's right. also if a stuffed pig is sacrificed to bacon load does it do the blast damage as well?

Cheers