Iron Quill- The Message

edonil

Hey everyone, it's that time again- story time! Can't wait to see what you all come up with. :)

The Iron Quill is a writing contest that takes place every month where the winner receives a free random box set from Wyrd. It’s an exciting competition and a great place to hone your skills and get some constructive feedback.

The Rules
  • You must post your story in The Writing Room by the submission date with the following posting format: Iron Quill – Name of the round – Name of your story. Nothing else is needed to sign up, but please post in this thread with a link to your story when completed.
  • Your story must be no more than 1,750 words and be a self-contained story set in the world of Malifaux.
  • Any story must include at least two of the Ingredients for the current round. When you use the ingredients, keep in mind they don't need to be literal, please feel free to be creative with them!

As the stories are completed, this post will be updated to contain a listing of all the submissions. You are welcome to edit your story up until the submission date.

Winning
The winner will be selected by overall score, as determined by two methods:

• A public poll will be created where anyone can vote on their favorite story. Each vote is worth 1 point. Authors of submissions can vote in this way.
  • A private poll of the authors where they pick their favorite story and a runner-up. These votes are weighted; the favorite story gets 3 points, the runner-up gets 2 points. These votes should be submitted to me by forum PM.

All votes must be submitted by the voting date or they won’t count for scoring. You cannot vote for your own submission. If you are an author, you must submit votes for the private poll or you will be disqualified.

Name of the Round: The Message
Submission Date: January 2nd, 2015, 23:59 EST
Voting Date: January 5th, 2015
Ingredients:

• Theme: Delivering the Message
  • Character: The Behemoth
  • Line: Beware the honeyed words of a silver tongue.
  • Item: A teapot

The competition starts now!

Authors:

Praetordragoon
Lord Byron
Treemonkey
Admiralvorkraft
Vinush
Nikko Andass
Trow
Rollraiderz
Kadeton
No Gods or Kings. Only Man
Machiavelli

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh didn't make it this month. "The school semester is over, I'll have plenty of time." I thought. However my boss was thinking, "His semester is over, now he can work ALL the time." adding the normal holiday stuff to that I didn't even come up with a good concept this time around.

Hey everyone, just want to let you know, the voting thread will be up in the next 24 hours. I got smacked awful hard by Hamelin over the past couple weeks, and now that I'm at work I can't get the URLs for the stories to work right. Sorry about that, but I'll be posting the thread before I go to sleep in the morning. Hope everyone had a good holiday!

• Like 2