Correct wording of Bullet Proof

Myyrä

Question

Lone Marshal's Bullet Proof says:

Bullet Proof +2: Reduce all damage suffered by this model from Sh Attack Actions by +2, to a minimum of 1.

Snow Storm's Bullet Proof says:

Bullet Proof +3: Reduce all damage suffered by this model from Sh Actions by +3, to a minimum of 1.

Which is the correct wording?

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Can you give an example of a situation where the two wordings would appear to work differently?

It would only be relevant in a case where an Sh action did damage but wasn't an attack, IIRC there aren't any such cases in the rules. Are there?

So this looks to me like the two slightly different wordings of Hard To Kill in book one. Functionally identical but slightly differently worded.

• Like 1

This is correct.

The Lone Marshal's version will be updated in the next FAQ.

I would like to point out that it's not just Lone Marshal, but everything in wave 1, including Crooked Men, Lady J's and Perdita's upgrades, Convict Gunslinger, Misaki and possibly something else too.

Wording for Incorporeal is consistent and isn't related to Bulletproof.

Since Incorporeal has the same wording across all models, I'm going to assume it's working as intended.

Bulletproof is part of the quasi-Armors like Resilient and Blast Resistant, and as such should function like Armor.

I'm curious about the motivation for singling out Bulletproof for change. Drowned | Resilient is "Attack Actions", Lightning Bug | Blast Resistant is "effects", and Incorporeal is "Attack Actions". I don't think Incorporeal is less of a "quasi-armour" than any of the others.

Now as there aren't a lot of Tactical Actions that do damage (and most are probably Ca) this is not very important, but I can't help being curious about things like this (luckily I'm not a cat :P ).

I'm curious about the motivation for singling out Bulletproof for change. Drowned | Resilient is "Attack Actions", Lightning Bug | Blast Resistant is "effects", and Incorporeal is "Attack Actions". I don't think Incorporeal is less of a "quasi-armour" than any of the others.

Note that Bullet Proof was inconsistent in itself. The others don't have to be consistent, they are different abilities. Bullet Proof should have been the same ability but was worded differently from Wave 1 to Wave 2. Whole other case there.

Probably should have read 'Resilient' before I jammed my foot in my mouth.

Dirial's right, it was probably the inconsistency.