Sign in to follow this  
NeverBrawn

Tournament Legal (convertion/customisation) of miniatures

Hiya I'm new to Malifaux, and I have a question which I have been unable to find an answer to online. I want to convert up my Malifaux miniatures to give my Crew a theme but im planning to get stuck in to the UK Tournament scene next year. My Question is in regards to converting my >WYRD MALIFAUX MINIATURES< and keeping them playable and legal!

How far can I take my conversion/customization to theme my crew and still keep my miniatures LEGAL to play with at the Larger Official UK Tournaments/Events????

As I have some Warhammer Fanatasy Experience I will use this as a reference. In the competitive scene GW tend to have a criteria to adhere to when converting up a proxy model/models for your army and using them at there events, which tends to consists something along the lines of 60% GW parts and a clear representation of the model it is intended to PROXY ie same size/equipment/base.

Im planning to field a Netherborn Crew The Dreamer "hide and seek" and Teddy and customizing a lot of the Wyrd Miniatures with sculpting putty to resemble toys/teddys but using the wyrd miniatures as a base to sculpt over (possessed evil toy theme) stitching and patchwork skin etc...

is it possible to sculpt a Big Teddy over a Proxy from WYRD Miniature and Name plate the BASE saying  Lord CHOMPY bits or would it be beter to sculpt fur and patches over the pre existing LORD CHOMPY BITS model for example ie 60/80% fur and stiching patchwork coverage from sculpting done to a very very high standard.... Would this be LEGAL and a clear enough representation of the miniature to be playable in Tournaments

Thanks for any response/info people who may be kind enough to offer or for those of you who are just taking the time to read though my post!

Check out the Gaining Grounds document in the Download section which provides the "Wyrd Official" guidance regarding conversions and proxys.

It is always best to check with a tournament organizer abou what they will accept.

In answer to your question about Lord Chompy Bits; your option to put fur on LCB is the best option under the "official" rules rather than proxying a Teddy as him.