when is lelu better than a illuminated

ooshawn

In seriousness though I'd say never. Illuminated are tougher, faster, and hit harder. They are one of the strongest 7 point models in the game. Lelu would be a mediocre 6 point model, let alone the fact that at 7 he is unhireable in my mind (if you are playing competitively). Lelu was one of the most dissappointing models for me throughout the beta testing and I think he was a big missed opportunity. The 3" push with pounce is the only thing he has over an Illuminated, and that is pretty niche. 

Is your fire alarm going off right now?

Hahaha no however the thought of a male demon "prancing about" in assless chaps makes my Gaydar go into overdrive. :D Granted his new artwork doesn't make him look nearly as much like a twisted version of a Brokeback Mountain character but he still looks pretty boring.  

The fact his rules are pretty uninspiring and pretty boring also adds to my desire to never, EVER hire him. I'd think twice about summoning him if I had the choice between him and basically anything else. Why would you bother when you could summon Lilitu instead? It's a shame because Lilitu looks really good but he looks like he was basically ignored for the vast majority of the beta. 

In short Lelu is NEVER in the same league as an Illuminated, they are superior in pretty much every way. I'd consider Lelu if he was 5-6ss but never at 7ss. 

The reason you summon Lelu is because it allows you to have a full strength Lilitu in one turn. I often summon both twins turn one just for that reason. Then I send Lelu off to hunt scheme runners. He's alright at that. As long as he's free (and functions as a Lilitu healing battery) I think he is a worthwhile summon. I never resummon him once he dies though. And that's the only time I'd really use him. Hes decent when he's free, and I think I'd hire him for 5ss... but ya never ever EVER at 7. 

I think Lelu isn't a terrible a choice for the Dreamer to summon, but not the best either. Depending on the situation, though I think I have only summoned Lelu once or something like that. He is pretty bad, same with Tuco, they do seem pretty underwhelming to be honest. Compared to an Illuminated he sure doesn't stand a chance.

Tuco is not in the same boat IMO - he brings things to the game like from the shadows and a decent ranged attack that Neverborn don't get much of. 

The thing is that the triplets were pretty bent last edition according to most people, so needed a tone down.

I think the twins have gone too far, but that Tuco is someone I would certainly hire.

one of my favourite tales from the UKGT was someone seeing that his opponent had only a single card left and "distracting" lelu - automatically getting it on lilitu FTW!

If you are playing with positive conditions then Lelu gets more bonuses out of them than the illuminated does.

Off hand thats Dreamer, or Student of Conflict, or Zoraida hiring a nurse. Or possibly collodi, although I can't remember how well he can hand out the conditions to the twins.

I think the comparison to the illuminated is a little unfair. I'm not sure there is a better 7ss model in any of the other factions. That being said, even compared to other NB 7ss models such as Silurid's and the Doppelganger he is 3rd best. I think that there are few OP models in the game, but Lelu is certainly one of those that managed to get through Beta being underpowered and currently is nigh on unusable to hire. 

I suppose the question to ask is how does to he get improved to warrant his 7ss cost or how many stones would you be willing to pay for him currently (for me 5ss). I would prefer the first option and see Lelu get a boost.

I feel like he is perceived as being weaker because of his ability to receive conditions is brutally powerful. He is weak now, but imagine if something comes out that can give fast for cheap or melee master. I think they made him suck in order to future proof him basically. Make sure when they came out with new stuff he had room to improve