Terrifying Triggers

Tris

Question

Just one short question - is a model which passed a horror duel from a trigger (the hangeds Revellation trigger for example) immune to all further horror duels from this model, also if they are caused by the terrifying abilty, other triggers etc.?

Thank you in advance

Tris

20 answers to this question

Thank you for the answers, so I did read it right.

I have another question and don`t want to open a new thread, so I will ask it here, even though it`s nothing related:

The "Bravado" ability of Lucas McCabes Wastrels says "when this model declares an action that will cause a duel, it may discard a card to.....

If this model has an Upgrade attached, draw a card after resolving the action"

Does the bold part only "trigger" if I discarded a card in the first place?

Or is it "always on"?

Thank you in advance

Thank you for the answers, so I did read it right.

I have another question and don`t want to open a new thread, so I will ask it here, even though it`s nothing related:

The "Bravado" ability of Lucas McCabes Wastrels says "when this model declares an action that will cause a duel, it may discard a card to.....

If this model has an Upgrade attached, draw a card after resolving the action"

Does the bold part only "trigger" if I discarded a card in the first place?

Or is it "always on"?

Thank you in advance

I think the former. Only if you use the first part of the ability, the second part is triggered.

I also thought so, but it`s not that clear to me, because it doesn`t say anything like "if you did...", or "afterwards...", the only restriction for drawing a card is that the model has to hold an upgrade.

But to be safe, I`ll play it as redraw after discarding :)

Another question about Bravado:

Am I right that I can discard any card to get any one suit I like?

So no crow to get a crow, but anything to get which I decide?

Again, thank you in advance.

Thank you, I think I´m just used to the Nurses Illegible Prescription :)

From now on, I`m going to use this thread to collect all question which come uo at our local store and I would be very thankful for your continuing advice.

The first ones from today:

Does the Red Joker always count as Severe+Weak damage, flipped or cheated?

Does Ruthless make me immune to Terrifying?

Kind regards

Does Ruthless make me immune to Terrifying?

As said earlier, it makes you practically immune to Terrifying during your activation. It doesn't make you immune during any other model's activation and there are abilities that can force an enemy (or friendly) model to take Horror duels or even test against Terrifying.

Who can prevent the instant death from "with a flourish", "decapitate", etc. from happening by spending soulstones instead of hand cards?

Every model, or is it just masters and henchman, since it`s a "use" of soulstones?

Thank you in advance and kind regards

Tris

Thank you, another one follows - Taras crew can bury models and attack them when they are buried.

Is the duel resolved as usaul, so is a model able to defend against these attacks, or not?

Again, thank you in advance and kind regards

Tris

Thank you, another one follows - Taras crew can bury models and attack them when they are buried.

Is the duel resolved as usaul, so is a model able to defend against these attacks, or not?

Again, thank you in advance and kind regards

Tris

Yes, the duel is resolved as normal, and the buried model is able to defend against the attacks. Just keep in mind this question from page 2 of the FAQ:

Q: Can a model which is currently buried declare Triggers?

A: No. However, if they are targeted by an Attack, they may cheat and use Soulstones as usual.

I´m quite sure that this has been asked before, but I can`t find it, so just to be sure:

if a model wants to leave the melee range of a model with terrifiyng but fails to avoid the disengaging strike, does it have to take the horror duel or not?

We played it without taking the horror duel, because we assume that no walk action happened.

Kind regards

Tris