Reckoning 50 SS Gremlins Vs Ten thunders

Adran

50 ss Reckoning

Gremlins Vs Ten Thunder Take 3 (Take 1 never made it to the boards, I lost too badly)

One of us wanted some practise for possibly the best Malifaux tournement in the world this weekend, and James was off to the GT...

Standard Deployment

Schemes: Line in the sand, Assassinate, Bodyguard, Murder protogy, Power ritual.

Ten Thunders

Yan Lo (Brutal Khauaunuaauauuauuauuuuaa….., Fortify the spirit, Misdirection)

Soul Porter

Fuhatsu (Blot the sky and Hidden agenda)

2 Ten thunder Archers

Ten Thunder Brother

Rail Worker

Oiran

Announced Power ritual, hidden Bodyguard Fuahtsu

Gremlins

Ophelia – Dirty Cheater

Old Cranky

Francois

Raphael

Remi –Dirty Cheater

Gracie – Saddle

Merris

Burt

Board is a mix of building and clumps of Trees

Ten Thunders set up first.

Ten Thunder brother set off on 1 side, in range to drop a scheme for power ritual straight away. Oiran on the other side to do the same. Yan Lo set up centrally, with the Rail worker next to him and the porter, and Fuhatsu between Yan and the Oiran and with the Archers.

Gremlins Set Merris up opposite TTB and alongside Gracie.

Francois was also over on that side.

Lenny, Remi, Cranky, Burt and Ophelia were off center approxamatly opposite Fuhatsu.

Turn 1. Remi Focused and shot at Yan lo. Then  Black jokered the Damage.

TTB drops scheme marker and moves forward. Lenny, Cranky, Raphael all move into the Hard cover shed with sight out. I decide there is no chance for Fuhatsu to make an attack, so drop a scheme in the other corner with the oiran and them move up. Fuhatsu moves up to get LOS on the Gremlin shed. Archers move up to beyond Fuhatsu, but behind a solid wall from the gremlin advance.

Gracie walks towards TTB and reactivates. Doesn’t Saddle Merris as she hasn’t dropped a scheme marker yet.

Merris drops a scheme in the corner and runs up to Gracie.

Gracie then goes further down the board, bringing Merris.

Soul porter pushes Yan lo and then moves up after him.

Yan lo discards for a Chi, and then gets the 1 ss Upgrade for impossible to wound.  Walks to out of Remis line of sight.

Rail walker walksk up to Yan lo.

Ophelia walks up towards the main group, hiding in the same patch of trees as Remi, whilst close to Lenny and co. She grabs a Jug rocket.

Archers both take their bonus shots, although everything they couldn’t see was still in cover. I get some damage on Lenny, but no blasts.

Turn 2

Rapael recklessly shoots at Yan lo. Yan Misdirects it off to the Railworker, who drops to his Hard to Kill.

Soul porter pushes Yan lo, and then walks up to him.

OPhelia opens up on Yan lo, and due to some misdirection, manages to kill the Soul porter, but doesn’t hurt Yan lo. Gets a stone from Old Cranky

The TTB fails to dance, Charges merris, and manages to place in such a way that I engage Gracie, but am out her melee. Merris cheats several good cards to stop me hurting her.

Gracie walks up to the TTB, using Saddle to get Merris unengaged, and attacks, unsuccessfully, giving me Defensive stance. She then gains reactivate.

Fuhatsu manages to shoot at Lenny, and spends a stone to gain the Ram required for his trigger. Also shoots Remi. Gives Oiran Focus and Fast.

Lenny Heals up.

Oiran moves up twice, and then uses her focus to lure in an Archer (plan was for it to be able to shoot with a 1 action and then gain Focus ready for its 2 action at the end of turn.

Burt moves Recklessley and then Charges the Archer, failing to kill it.

My Second archer shoots bert but he lives.

Merris gets into my power ritual area and drops a scheme.

Rail worker walks up to engage Bert and be safe from his return attacks.

My other Archer fails to disengage from Burt.

Francois walks towards the flank of my group and tries a speculative pistol shot on Yan lo.

Remi shoots into the combat containing Rail worker, Archer and Bert. Aims over berts head, but fails to kill either the Archer or the rail worker.

Yan Lo gains some Chi and Charges Raphael, getting him down to 1 wound.

End of turn 1 Archer shoots burt, getting him close to death.

Turn 3. Gremlin plans for the turn were ruined when I got a 13 for initiative, activated Yan lo, gained a Chi, gained Hunpo assault, attacked Raphael, killed him, and them moved to engage Lenny, Old Cranky and Ophelia. I kill Old Cranky, and hurt lenny and Ophelia.

Lenny Throws Ophelia out of Misdirection range, and tries to hit Yan lo.

Here I make a huge mistake, and instead of going with the Rail worker, I go with the TTB, who does a little damage to Gracie.

Burt goes, and cheats a few cards to heal, killing my Rail worker. 

Remi kills the archer engaged with Burt.

Fuhatsu does some attack somewhere to give the oiran fast.

The Archer gets Bert back down to 1 wound, and then focuses

Francois kills the Archer.

Oiran uses its focus to attack Burt, killing him, then charges Rami, but misses twice

Merris removes one of my scheme markers and moves to cover.

Ophelia shoots Fuhatsu. Jug rockets Lenny away from

1 reckoning point each.

Turn 4

TTB kills Gracie.

Francois Charges the TTB, and actually manages to get a little pain on him.

Merris edges along the board.

Fuhasu Shoots at Lenny, hits for weak, and then gets to target someone else. Goes for Remi, but it randomises ovr to the oiran.

I was left with 3 options, use the low card to miss, use the mid ram which would kill the oiran, but allow me to shoot again, or choose the high card to get cheatable damage.

So his hidden agenda was obviously to kill them all! 5 blast damage killed off Remi and very badly hurt Lenny.

Ophelia shoots back at him, bringing him down to 2 wounds.

Yan lo jumps in and kills Lenny, hurts Ophelia and Heals fuhatsu (only 1 wound)

I announce body guard on Fuhatsu, and then realise he is too close to my deployment.

1 reckoning for Gremlins

Turn 5

Yan lo wins initiative, and attacks Ophelia. Also gets incorporeal. Gets her down to 2 wounds, and no stones, but doesn’t kill her.

She retaliates, and its all down to the very last attack in which she manages to flip the red joker for damage, doing 1 more wound than Yan lo had left. Announces assassinate.

Fuhatsu heals 3 wounds and walks into gremlin half.

Merris runs to 3rd corner and drops a scheme, but doesn’t quite manage to remove my marker.

Francois attacks TTB, but doesn’t kill him.

TTB dances out of melee, (3” place) and runs to last corner, but is just out of AP to drop the marker.

End score

Gremlins 6 (3 vp power ritual, 1 VP reckoning, 2 VP Assasinate)

Ten thunders 5 (1 VP power ritual, 2 VP Reckoning, 2 VP bodyguard)

So a narrow loss, partially due to me not reading Bodyguard properly.

My star of the game again was the TTB, who whilst he didn’t quite get the last 2 VP from power ritual, effectively faced a flank with Gracie, Merris and Francois, and not only survived, but killed Gracie.

• Like 1