'Bound by Law'

peebs

Just started painting up the models from the new plastic Lucius box. Thought I'd start a little mini-blog of my progress and hopefully get plenty of critique from all the great painters on here! Please be as harsh as you like because I really do want to keep improving. :D

First up is Lucius, although he's not looking very impressive at the minute . I've put down the base colours to make sure I'm happy with them, started a little shading on the cloak and have done some vague blending on his mask.

Photos:

IMG_1475_zpsc642b615.jpg

IMG_1479_zps48213f96.jpg

IMG_1481_zps54d87e40.jpg

This is only my second attempt at nmm so any opinions about the light placement on the mask would be really helpful! I plan on taking the highlights a lot further but want to make sure they're in the right place first. I'm also unsure about the colour of his cane - I was thinking of trying to make it look silver but I'm not sure if I have the skills to pull that off so any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks for looking!

Sigmar3: Thanks, glad you think the mask is looking ok so far. I'm trying to work on pushing the contrast a little more than I usually would with these models, so the blue shadows will hopefully help with that.

Nighthater: Thanks for the comment. The coat is actually now more of a pink colour so hopefully that will work better with the cloak. I'm planning to pick out the pattern at the bottom in gold, but will leave that until the main colour is finished.

I've done a little more work on Lucius:

IMG_1482_zpsd33444dd.jpg

IMG_1483_zps86de9143.jpg

IMG_1485_zps5835b3ae.jpg

The cloak and coat both just need their final highlights now, then I'll get the legs done before tackling the nmm on the mask. The border on his coat is actually blue rather than purple - it seems to have gone a little strange in the photos.

Zfiend: Thank you very much! I'm glad you like him so far.

Bit of an update:

IMG_1487_zps78f1f740.jpg

IMG_1488_zps766182ec.jpg

IMG_1489_zpsf3eed339.jpg

Should get him finished over the next couple of days. I still haven't worked any more on the mask but his legs are done as are the main colours on the cloak and coat. The white needs some more attention and then it's mask and cane (I'm now thinking of having the cane in the same gold-ish colour but we'll see how that goes!) and all the little details.