10T answer to heavy Ca crews.

Sevorin

So I was watching a game rgarbonzo was playing last night (Wong's crew) and it made me think "What is the 10T answer to heavy range Ca crews." 

After looking for some time, I'm not sure we have an answer. The Dawn Serpent is the only model I could find that comes close. I guess Wong's crew is unique, because it has a lot of models that have ranged Ca (unlike Raspy, and Sonnia: they have a mix). Anyone have some ideas on what group of models would be good to deal with any heavy Ca crews?

I've always played Ressurs, and the Ressur way is to summon more stuff in your face.

You could consider Mei Feng, as Vent Steam will make things awkward for Ca based attackers.  It does require you to bunch up a bit though which might not be optimal.  Otherwise I suppose you need to treat it like a gun-line, i.e. try to stay out of line-of-sight and generally take your licks on the way in.

Outside of model-specific anti-magic triggers like Reflect Magic, I'm not sure that any Faction has a generic "answer" to Ca attacks. Mei Feng has one of the strongest defences against Ca attacks in the game, so Ten Thunders are pretty well covered there.

The answer generally depends on the type of Ca attacks being used: if they're :ranged attacks, an answer is cover of some kind. If they're resisted by Df, an answer is high Df, and similarly for Wp. If they don't ignore Armor, then that's a good answer. Ten Thunders can do all of these.

The answer to this is the same regardless of faction for me. Sue!! A walking, talking, shooting, guitar shredding Johnny Cash parody. His Man in Black (0) action is fantastic at stunting enemy casters. He also offers a fantastic amount of utility and support and his damage output is pretty sweet as well! 

Forgot about Komainu, and Yin. Good choices.

Im not sure bunching up under Mei Fang and Vent steam is a good idea considering most casters have blasts and pulses associated with it. All they need to do is focus for the straight flip, cheat it, and then they get a  :+fate on the damage (so likely another straight, that can be cheated). Though I grant you that the vent steam is helpful, but not totally what I was looking for.

I'm also pretty sure multiple vent steams do not stack.

I will need to check Sue out. I haven't looked at him in M2E yet.

I'm also pretty sure multiple vent steams do not stack.

You would be wrong. Effects that aren't conditions stack. :-fate  isn't going to be a big problem for most casters because they usually like to focus to get those blasts going. :-fate :-fate  or :-fate :-fate :-fate  is a whole another thing however and isn't even difficult to achieve, because you can usually get your vent steam up with triggers instead of using ap for it. It also stacks with cover against :ranged attacks.

• Like 1

The rule book shows in its example that Auras of the same name stack. Nothign in the rules about putting up 1 aura says the model will lose previous versions of that Aura (see Waldigiest for an example where doing the action again removes the first instance of the action).

I'm largely paraphrasing from your thread in the rules forum, just putting it here so people can see it in context.

I do have to ask, What is the Question you are looking for an answer too?

Is there somethign in particular about Ca that makes it different to asking how to deal with a Heavy Ranged Sh crew?

Obviously, the answers to dealing with Sonnia/RAsputina will differ to a list utilising Belles and Hanged, the former largely having the same answers as facing Perdita (although more emphisis on not bunching up).

Same auras yes, from different models.

That is incorrect. I just posted the question in the rules forum, and indeed the same auras from the same model stack.

That does make Vent Steam amazing.

To Adran: I specified in my original post what I was looking for.

Thanks guys, this thread has been very helpful. I learned something new, and learned what models 10T have that can work better vs Ca heavy crews.