Online Forum/Email Based Play

tldanon

I absolutely flippin love Through the Breach. It's by far the best RP book and setting I've read and have become obsessed with since Dream Pod 9's Tribe 8. However, since I work out in the middle of nowhere Texas and live on site with no one around but my one coworker, I heavily rely on the internet for communication and playing games.

I've used Roll20.net in the past and love it but, I feel like it's shines brightest when at least playing with voice chat. Their system would work great with TTB considering the advancements they've made with their card deck system so, if anyone is looking to play online, definitely take a look there!

However, I'm more-so looking for a way to play via a forum or through email, considering I'm on a limited data connection (5gb of 4g a month can go quick!) and I'm having a hard time imagining how that'd work considering the card flipping mechanics. There are sites out there with built in die rollers but, I haven't seen anything for a card deck before...

Does anyone have an idea how this might work?

Wyrd, you guys are incredibly supportive of the community, maybe someone could program a sub-page with a built in fate and a few twist decks?

Maybe someone could modify the Malifaux Vassal Module allowing for say, 8 players, each with their own deck (to create their twist decks from), and maybe built in character sheets!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I snagged the card images from the Vassal Module and imported them into Roll20 and it works flippin fantastic. I'm not sure how to go about making a character sheet on there though; it seems a bit above my level of programing. Here is a link to the instructions for it, though, if anyone wants to check it out LINK.

Anyone come up with an idea to play TTB via forum post or email yet? I love the setting so much, I'm almost ready to just come up with a way to convert everything to Open D6.