Misc: Stabbity bits

Brewmaster

Personally, if my players want a weapon of some type that is not in the book. They just need to find someone carrying it and take it. In my current campaign, one player is walking around with a gremlin banjo. If he wants to swing it like a weapon, just use the stats already there.

Lets be clear about this, he did not take it to use it as a weapon as much as it amused him so to have said banjo as a trophy.  And there is the key difference between a gremlin Banjo and a normal one, A normal banjo is a musical instrument, a gremlin banjo is a trophy for an adventure or inheritance for the Gremlin's kin.  Thus why a small mob of gremlins came after us after he took said banjo.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I hope the thread hasn't gotten too off-topic for such, but I had a few ideas for custom weapon enhancements, Price unknown, (I'll try to extrapolate) but for now, they're formative

Venomous (~17?)
hidden flutes or concealed chambers meant to hold liquid can hold any number of deadly toxins to bring down an opponent
Option 1: When this weapon deals damage, the target gains the following condition: Poison +1
Option 2:This weapon gains the following trigger;
Serpent's Bite: after succeeding an attack, For each  :crow in the final duel total, the enemy gains the following condition: Poison +1

This is clearly a black market upgrade, possibly even "Faction Specific" insofar as such a weapon might be a closely kept secret of the Ten Thunders, and they might now want it getting out. Not sure how much of a balancing factor it would be, but I was possibly thinking of the poison being a (1) tactical action to re-apply in battle, with other posibilities of poisions coming to mind, like knockout serums or hallucinogenics

Duelist's(~20)
This weapon, being made both light and strong by alloys and specialized forging may not have the striking force of some weapons of it's type, but it's balance is beyond compare
This Weapon's damage reduced by -0/-0/-1, and the MI value of any  :melee attacks made with this weapon are increased by +1

This is about half of the weapon that Immediately sprung to mind when I read through the earlier discussion on rapiers. their primary advantage (as long as I've worked with them) his been that their design allows for quicker manipulation. in certain cases, a small nudge in a certain direction can allow strikes that would have otherwise been parried to hit their intended target (Another reason this was made is because it slightly irked me that Lady J's O-datchi was almost entirely correct save for the fact that being what would assuredly be a folded steel sword, it was missing 1 severe damage. however, while this one weapon suggests a near perfect replica mechanically, it also suggests Lady J's native MI is 6, which might be even more offensive)

Piercing(~12)
This weapon has been specially forged to taper down to a point, and to keep that point no matter what resistance may come. in doing so, this weapon excels at finding the gaps in otherwise implacable defenses

when this weapon deals moderate or severe damage with a :melee attack, that damage ignores Armor

This of course being the other half of that formula. A glancing (weak damage) blow from a rapier/Epee really doesn't have a habit of piercing from what I've seen, it's generally good hits that pierce armor. this could also represent weapons like war picks, pikes, or Stiletto daggers. Melee is specified because such weapons tend to have vastly less armor piercing qualities when thrown (Though if anyone can find/produce a video of them throwing a war pick or pike, feel free to post it and I'll totally rescind that part of the idea)

Incinerating(~25)
through means as simple as being wrapped in an oil soaked rag, to a complex pump system that ferries fuel the length of the blade, to enchantments in some rare cases, this weapon has a habit of setting things ablaze whenever it hits home
this weapon has a 3Sc per month upkeep cost to be able to activate. When activated, this weapon will burn for a total time of Two minutes [length?] on one pint of fuel (specialty, sold 1Sc/Gallon at Chemist's, specialty colored fuel can be ordered at a higher price) and will cast light as a torch, as well as the ability to be used as a torch for the purpose of lighting fires. when active, This weapon gains the following Trigger;

Light them Up: For each  :tome in the final duel total, after damaging, the target gains the following condition: Burning +1

Another Probably black market weapon. One thing I've been slightly apprehensive to do so far with these weapons is reduce the amount of base damage the weapon deals. partially, this is because of the situation with Critical strike and specialized, that allows the addition of free extra damage to weapons. granted it may cost talents, but it still very much adds to the minimum damage on the track unless fighting an enemy with counterspell. while this does negate a needed talent, it also requires some degree of financial investment. the other is with the question of employing triggers in TtB. Arguably, it's combat is both similar and different to Malifaux's combat in ways that really bring out the individual side of combat, and the choices such a situation belies, personally, to me, that is the difference between this upgrade and the poison one presented above. for this one, sometimes the key in combat is knowing when to light up and ​lay down some righteous fury. the fact that your sword is covered in a weird substance? debatable. the fact that your sword looks like something out of a mad scientist's workshop? also debatable. nobody is going to buy the mass hysteria causing your sword to look like it was on fire angle, because no less than fifteen people saw it, five of them lit on fire (and if I remembered my Malifaux wording right, this weapon can apply the condition in swathes, while the poison one is single target)

Serrated Blades (~9)
Often times, the creatures of malifaux can seem to have a flesh absolutely resistant to any kind of damage. if you want a weapon that can tear through pesky zombies as efficiently as it would a freshly hunted hog, grab a weapon that puts the "Rip" back into "Rip and Tear"

This weapon gains the following trigger
:ram Rending blow: this model ignores hard to wound

This weapon I have a degree of difficulty on. this is one of the few I believe really needs a trigger to balance out ignoring HtW, but I'm not 100% on what exactly that trigger should be, or how it should be implemented. Also having a difficult time deciding whether or not this would be a black market weapon, seeing as while it would cause major damage to humans, it could also hold utility purposes (serrated knives are a thing after all) and even still, the guild would probably see a citizen seeking a solution of his own to a local zombie problem as both a lucrative customer, and a potential end to a problem they didn't want to deal with.

• 1 month later...

i was looking at seeing what people think i was planning on making a german scrapper who would use twin katsbalgers (for those who do not know they are german short swords weighted like longswords thus making them ideal for swordbreakers and because they are heavier in a smaller size hit harder) i was thinking of adding both the short and enlarged to it to accommodate for its nature still using heavy melee for the added weight but lowering the damage bonus to 0/1/1 while keeping it one handed any ideas