Colette v Lady J Video Report

rgarbonzo

Big rulebook, pg. 30, right hand side, heading 4 "declare one trigger":

"After resolving: These effects happen after step 5, regardless of success or failure."

Step 5: determine success (same page), last paragraph:

"...the results of success or failure are resolved."

So "after resolving" triggers happen after the results of success or failure are resolved, this includes damage.

It's also worth noting that "After Succeeding", "After Failing", and "After Resolving" all have the same timing point in their description (after step 5) the only thing that differentiates them is whether damage or failing the duel is required. Their timing is the same, as listed in the descriptions on pg. 30. So, no, "after resolving" does not mean it needs to wait until all attacks from a charge are resolved, for example, as the timing is defined in the text of the rule, not in its name. And that timing is after step 5.

Everything you need is on pg. 30.

• Like 1

If that's the case how does that interact with triggers which change the target of the attack like the Dreamer?

... And you just shot down the way I rationalized all triggers in my head in a single swoop, well played dear sir, well played.

So I guess they all happen after damage and before removing the model unless the effect directly affects the damage caused?!

... And you just shot down the way I rationalized all triggers in my head in a single swoop, well played dear sir, well played.

So I guess they all happen after damage and before removing the model unless the effect directly affects the damage caused?!

Step 4 say "A Trigger's effect is resolved immediately unless another time is indicated in its description.". This works well for things like Rail Worker | Metal on Metal that has no explicit timing information, you can resolve it in step 4 and note that the Rail Worker has some extra reduction during the action.

Critical Strike.

• Like 1

So for clarification, does the Action resolve before the Actions that trigger from it (Onslaught etc) begin?

In this specific case, would extra attacks from triggers still inflict full damage because Statue hasn't kicked in yet?

Both Statue and Onslaught/Overpower resolve after step 5, in the imaginary step 6 if you will. The defender's trigger goes first as per the last sentence under step 4. The original Action isn't finished until after generated Actions as per the box on p38 so that will be after our imaginary step 6. So "After Resolving" is not the same as "After the Action".