Beckoner and Lilith

Jas

Glorious, zfiend!

I would pretty much always hire Lilitu over a Beckoner unless you are needing the Brilliance shenanigans (ie Lynch crew or taking a couple illuminated in another crew)

Beckoners do so much more than just Lure! That anti-interact tech is really powerful!

• Like 1

Beckoners do so much more than just Lure! That anti-interact tech is really powerful!

True, but Lilith has 4" engagement range that is nearly the same thing and doesn't take any AP. I know many ways to get interacts while engaged, but it's close.

No horse in the race, just thinking outloud...in a silent and visual way.

And ZFiend...you read my mind!!

• Like 1

True, but Lilith has 4" engagement range that is nearly the same thing and doesn't take any AP. I know many ways to get interacts while engaged, but it's close.

No horse in the race, just thinking outloud...in a silent and visual way.

And ZFiend...you read my mind!!

Wait...how far?

Don't get me wrong, but 4" :melee is not quite the same thing as a 12" not interact shot. Both are good in different situations, and that means that there will be situations were you brought Lilitu and wish you'd brought a Beckoner.

They are both really good. (I admit to being biased, because against me, Beckoners seem to have weak Dg 3, which is filthy.)

Two things to consider about Beckoners compared to Lilitu that have not been hit on to much.

1. Beckoners are Minions while Lilitu is an Enforcer.  This can be a plus or minus depending on your master.  Lucius and Collodi both have abilities that only work on Minions, thus they cannot have them work with Lilitu.  Dreamer though can affect either of them as he can use Empty Night on Minions or Nightmares, though many seem to prefer summoning Lilitu.

2. Attacks.  The beckoner targets Wp while Lilitu targets Df with their damage attacks, so which one is better in that regard can vary on target and your own crew.  Pandora likes the fact that Beckoners can target a model in combat, hit it with promises, and it takes the 1/3/4 and then an additional one for her and any Sorrows.  In turn Lilitu has long melee that can shut down interaction... but because of this is not very good at Interacting herself as she often cannot get into position with out engaging on those tight moments.  The Beckoner, having no melee herself, means she only has the enemy's reach to worry about.

In addition, consider your crew.  Lilitu works best Luring, she does not have alot going for her otherwise as that is what she is really good at.  She had a good walk *thus a good charge with 4" whip* and also has a very nice Defense for her wound count.  In turn while the Beckoner does not have as good of walk or defense, she still has a good amount of wounds and you can almost always use all her AP even if it is just attacking *for those times where Lure is not a good option*.  I have picked off wounded models before with the Beckoner's promises and freed up heavier models in the process.  But I have also had Lilitu do a pretty good job standing there and not dying to attacks.

So some food for thought.

• Like 1

I would like to chime in on using Baby Kade if you need lure in a Lilith crew- they both have the pounce ability (or thirsty Mandrake for Lilith), so having those two sitting behind some trees from Illusionary Forest, means instant kill for anyone Baby Kade can lure through the forest :)

Kade will have to be IN the forest rather than behind it, since he'll still need to draw LOS to use his Lure - Illusionary Forest has the dense trait.  If Lilith purchased Wicked Mistress, she can hang out behind the markers of course and use Transfixing Gaze as well to ramp up the choppin'.

As an aside on the Beckoner vs. Lilitu considerations, hire Lilitu if you have opponents who are prone to taking Make Them Suffer or if you want an unexpected Bodyguard target.  With good speed and defense, Regeneration, and the ability to get a double positive twist to duels, she is surprisingly easy to protect in a Lilith crew.  Also, Lure allows her to stay useful while keeping out of melee, and it's rare to find someone interested in coming to visit her with Lilith within 12 inches.

That is true, but my tactic is simply to have Kade hug the forest in the beginning, or until he is in danger. In this way you can use his lure, and drag him back to safety with ease :)

I figured you'd know, but for the sake of clarity in case new players find this thread weeks from now.

• 3 months later...