Animate Construct and Multi-Tasker

So, Animate Construct says "A caster may only control one construct at a time."

Multi-Tasker allows a character to use the (1) Order action to command an extra construct each time.

As written, these would have to be constructs constructed by other people. My question is (as there is no FAQ and Wyrd don't seem to care about backers and backer feedback [having found at least 10 grammatical and spelling errors when people offered to proof-read and were told no]) do we think Multi-Tasker also allows you to control an extra construct with Animate Construct.

• Like 1

It was something that came up in the Beta as originally you could control a number of constructs based on your Charm, thus could have multiple constructs.  When it got changed to only one, one of the suggestions was to give a General Talent that lets you add to the number of things you can control as the Raise Dead spell was based on Tenacity at the time.  The problem with Charm and Tenacity though was you could have a negative in the stat, thus be unable to control any so it was suggestioned to make it mininium 1, and instead got changed to strait 1 on the construct part.

Personally I am leaning towards either putting some other cap on it *perhaps based off your ranking in Enchanting* or giving an alternate way to increase it *like a general talent*.  If I go towards the Ranking for Enchanting it will be likely half your skill rounded.  So a 1-2=1, 3-4=2, and 5=3.  I will also likely make it possible to buy certain constructs that are not linked to a caster *but run on soulstone or soulstone dust* if the people can find the right contacts and have the right price.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Animate Construct says "A caster may only control one construct at a time."

Multi-Tasker allows a character to use the (1) Order action to command an extra construct each time.

As written, these would have to be constructs constructed by other people. My question is (as there is no FAQ and Wyrd don't seem to care about backers and backer feedback [having found at least 10 grammatical and spelling errors when people offered to proof-read and were told no]) do we think Multi-Tasker also allows you to control an extra construct with Animate Construct.

EDIT: Misread the question.

Yeah seems out of whack seriously. As suggested above I'd go with the soulstone suggestion or maybe just work stuff out with your own group on what works. Also raises the question of the duration immuto to have the construct run until sunrise or sunset instead of the one hour listed. Because if we can alter that specific why could the location or pulse immutos not be used to animate extra constructs? One hour duration but is alterable with immuto, one construct controlled but alterable with immuto...

My reading is that the spell Animate Construct can be used to animate one construct. But could you cast it multiple times and have multiple constructs or use particular immuto like 'location' and add an area effect to the spell?  However this would be largely useless to you because when it comes to getting them to do something you can only have two AP's. So if the general action talent: Order takes 1 AP you can only have two of your constructs do anything. However if you take Multitasker it will allow you to use the Order action to give orders to two constructs instead of one. it is also possible to buy it multiple times. So in theory it could allow a Tinkerer at Pursuit Rank 9 to use a 1AP Order action to have 3 constructs take 2AP's a piece. If they were to use the order action twice themselves they could control 6 constructs in dramatic time.

Remember though that if a construct is using a pneumatic weapon it will require both the weapon skill and pneumatic. With very limited creation points this means that you will want Combat Construct to give them the pneumatic skill for free. Then you can focus on them having a reasonable weapon skill as well. Building constructs is also expensive so you want to be able to repair them quickly, maybe even in combat so Percussive mainteance could help with that. Unrealistic Expectations is also awesome if you have anyone looking at having pneumatic limbs in game. Lot of choices but limited options.

As I stated earlier with the thread the issue is that the rules got changed several times in the Beta and for a while you could animate more than one construct *up to your Charm no less*, but then the spell got changed late into the beta after several concerns raised over needing a positive Charm to even control 1 construct.  Thus why I said the best solution is to give a General Talent that lets you control additional or have the number based off your skill in Enchanting.

As for the whole combat construct thing, it is why generally most of the constructs I have seen created using those rules have Melee, Heavy Melee, or an unarmed skill as they don't bother worrying about pneumatic weapons.