Question about Gruff, Graceful Exit and similar effects

DeleteAccount

OK, I see they give a - to the model affecting the fated with a certain test. I've also read that only the fated ever touch the deck, so I assume this just means that they get + flips when flipping to block the actions the talents cover? And if it's an NPC, I assume it works like the text of the talent says since it actually makes sense in that scenario, right?

I like the idea of the single flip, but it just doesn't work in this game. More confusion that anything else.

I disagree. It does take a bit of getting used to (especially the idea that the red joker on damage targeting the Fated actually means "0", and the Black Joker is the big hit), but once you learn to consider all bonuses in light of the Fated being the one flipping, it really is quite easy.

Enemy have paired weapons? Negative twist on defense. Fated in cover? Positive twist on Defense. Enemy with Calm and Collected takes a focus action before firing a rifle? Your fated needs to take a double negative twist on their Defense. And so on. Enemy bonuses are debuffs.

The single flip makes the game WAY faster. You hardly have to break stride in your storytelling once your players get a good feel of the system.

Me: "The drunken Gunslinger whips his revolver from its holster and trains its barrel on your chest. He squeezes the trigger"

Fated: "I try to dive behind cover"

Me: "Positive Twist"

Fated: "Two cards and...... Twelve"

Me: "You barely manage to scramble behind the crumbling cobblestone wall when the flurry of bullets from the gunslinger peppers the stones. You are quite shaken, but otherwise unhurt"

• Like 1