Big Trouble in a Town Called Pleasance: <Wrapped up>

Brewmaster

When I think "Voodoo" the big thing I think is "jinxing peoples". Sammy Lacroix's Jinx is interesting, but I wanted something to better represent "Things going wrong". Sooooo... I shamelessly stole Candy's "Self Loathing" and ran with it, reflavoring it as "Causing bad things to happen, making someone get hit with their own weapon".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So close to the end!

The players split up to help cut down on the amount of chaos currently happening in the city. Amelia and Davis got a fairly simple "Take out peoples who were holed up in a building", and Davis (and a proxied Victor given the player's absence) got a more interesting "Protect a guy as he tried to play supply wagon around a group of ice zombies.

Big notes from this game:

This was Davis' game. WAAAAAY back at the beginning, I said I wanted to tie destinies into one big decision. After having some solid RP, I told Davis that this guy trying to get his wagon with his family to safety, wanted Davis' help to get out of the city. Davis had to make a choice: "Guarentee the life of one man and risk the lives of a lot of people, or focus on the good of the city". Neither answer was WRONG, there would just be consequences.

He picked helping out the family.... WHIIIIICH leads us to tonights session!

The group was still split with Amelia and Davis heading Uptown to do some work, and Aaron heading downtown to help. While Aaron helped out Sadie Reed with some fighty-fighting going on (I had Davis' player play a proxied Sadie since Davis is off doing stuff), Amelia and Victor bumped into Arlan... you know... that guy with the robots they met WAAAAAY back when dealing with the magic gorilla? SO, Victor found out that Arlan was under contract to ex-mayor Carlyle "to find Warren's location" and with some clever talking, bought them some time  (since mercenaries can be bought ^_^) . After resolving, the group met up in the markets, and dealt with a caster summoning in some heavy support pieces.

Big Notes:

This was Victor's decision session. I got a LIIIITTLE heavy-handed with a flashback to obviously not Zoraida telling Victor that his decision would swing the battle dramatically, but hey, paid off the idea I knew I was going to use since the beginning of the game, and from a meta standpoint, I did JUST enough to get the player paranoid, so I'm happy.

I'll throw up some prep of the next session a bit later, but I'm thinking this one is going to be Aaron's where he gets the offer to become the new Wendigo.

2-3 sessions till I wrap my first TtB campaign. 2 fulfills the destiny steps, MAAAAAYBE do a 3rd one as the dramatic ending. 

Almost there! Almost there!

This session was a little short, but it was me introducing the final elements of the final fight.

It's currently midnight in Pleasance, and the Fated are pushing themselves to the limit. Davis finally showed up and the group dealt with another collection of monsters, one of which was the Wendigo returned for Aaron. Hardcore fight (Using slightly modified Gallery of Nightmare rules), and the group managed to push the Wendigo all the way down.

Aaron's decision: Because he was chosen WAAAAAY back in character creation, Aaron was offered the power of the Wendigo. Aaron chose to deny the power.

Natalie showed up with Warren who officially tapped into the power of Cherufe (Since Victor bought her enough time DECISION TIME IN!!!), and said the final fight was on. The group is healed and going into the fight against December.

Outstanding Choice Decisions:

Davis got the Wagon family out of town

Aaron did not accept the power of the Wendigo

• 2 weeks later...

Final Wrap-up. And it's a two-parter!

Part 1:

The first fight with the Aspect of December was interesting. The big mechanic I used for this one was placing Warren on the board. The players had access to 4 blanket abilities that Warren caused (2 + a bonus 2 from Victor's choice). At the end of that fight, the weather in the town reached a fever pitch, and Warren told the group to run.

Part 2:

This part started out with a final discussion between the lady of the swamp and Victor. She told him that Malifaux was lost... for the moment. Everything that happened this night would determine if humanity got a second chance once Malifaux cleansed itself. There was a 3 stage fight as the group dealt with Mayor Carlyle, the final rememnants of his retinue, and whatnot. After winning, the group watched as the full form of December beared down on them. In a brief flash, Warren stopped them from getting killed, said "Thank you" and the group found itself outside the first rift into Malifaux.

I'll post up more later, but this is my first wrapped TtB game, and of the games I've run, this has been one of my favorites ^_^

• Like 1