Upcoming Changes

Lucidicide

Hello Aaron, thank you for the heads up.

Regarding Through the Breach, there are a few aspects that I and some others have expressed interest in having addressed.  I'm sure most of the Wyrd crew are still sleeping off their post-Gencon exhaustion/'con-crud', but it'd be appreciated if someone might take a moment to touch base on them once the appropriate information is in hand.

- Apparently the Female "Multi-Pose Mini" sprue is slightly out of scale, and it has been postulated that this is why it wasn't for sale during Gencon.  Was this the case, and if so, will there be any possible remedies?  There have been scale issues in the past (the Viks box, as I recall), but reasonable people will also recognize that 1000+ backer boxes would be a highly costly venture.

- The Hardcover books were reportedly going to be a few weeks extra to be produced and delivered.  As it has been a month since backer box packaging began, has there been any update on this?  Is production done?  Are they on a boat?  Sitting in the warehouse to go out as soon as someone manages to quell the yearly mutiny?

- The KS campaign noted that backers at the Living Room and Gaming Room tiers would receive 2 Limited Edition Fate Decks, however most that I've read only received 1 LE Fate Deck and 1 "Arcane Fate Deck".  While not exactly a show stopping issue, it seems to be common enough that it's strange to not have had it addressed in the update.  Did they run low on the decks and not want to wait on a reprint that would've held up the boxes?  Will a second one be sent with the hardcovers, as there may be overlap between backers affected by this and those waiting on the hardcover anyway?

Thank you for your time.

• Like 3

-The multi-pose from TTB are larger than some people would like. That is unfortunate, but they are models for TTB, and they can work just fine for that.

-I don't have an answer to the hardcover book question, but we won't keep you in the dark. When we know for sure, you'll know.

-The Arcane deck received was just a bonus for anyone who received it. The 2nd copy of the special edition fate deck, for those that need it, will come in the package with the hardcover book. You do not need to contact support about this; it is coming.

• Like 3

Thanks for the information Aaron - can I suggest that making sure that updates related to the Kickstarter are posted there as well may be a good idea, as lack of communication through that fora has been a bit bugbear of a lot of backers. I especially think that the news about fate decks would go down well (and the news about the female MPMs needs to be shared, but I don't know that will go down so well...)

• Like 2

Second, in our effort to make this forum a better place, we are also going to focus more of our efforts here. More spoilers and insights from the Wyrd team will come here first, and we want to make the forum one of the first places you look for information or to talk to the Wyrd team. We want to engage with the community more, so you can expect to see us around a bit more often than in the past.

I am very glad for this.  There are some of us who are not on Facebook, or Twitter, but check the forums regularly as it is the easiest access.  It is frustrating to hearing snippits of things like "Justin said on a podcast that..." or "have you seen the new art Eric tweeted?" but no direct word from Wyrd here, which is their central hub.  I look forward to more first hand information here.

Thanks

• Like 9

-The multi-pose from TTB are larger than some people would like. That is unfortunate, but they are models for TTB, and they can work just fine for that.

-I don't have an answer to the hardcover book question, but we won't keep you in the dark. When we know for sure, you'll know.

-The Arcane deck received was just a bonus for anyone who received it. The 2nd copy of the special edition fate deck, for those that need it, will come in the package with the hardcover book. You do not need to contact support about this; it is coming.

The problem with the MPM is only with the female one and it needs to be fixed. 

Also it is great that you are doing more here but I shouldn't have to track down info about the KS here. Info about the KS needs to be disseminated on KS updates to the backers first. 

• Like 2

I appreciate the updates Aaron, and mention of how things are going to be going forward. As for new releases/spoilers, will these be spread throughout the forums? Or will there be a forum where the information will be posted say for 3 weeks then moved to an appropriate forum, so it's not a game of hide and seek to find the new content/spoilers?!

Also on a side note I think everyone's done an awesome job with everything, so keep up the great work!

(ps if you are ever in edmonton and want a bbq'd dinner just stop by)

Why does it need to be fixed? Through the Breach doesn't require a scale in any way, shape or form. The mpm kits are for TtB, not Malifaux.

Malifaux doesn't require a scale either, LoS etc is abstracted, it is just visually unappealing with out of scale models. The same will be true during a RPG with minis if you care at all about things like that.

• Like 1

Malifaux doesn't require a scale either, LoS etc is abstracted, it is just visually unappealing with out of scale models. The same will be true during a RPG with minis if you care at all about things like that.

@Bengt I hate to say this but Malifaux does require a scale. It's called out not only in the height stat on the cards but in width, or the base size. There is absolutely nothing in the RPG that I've found so far talking about any size for anything at all. If you find a scale in any of the Through the Breach materiel please let me know.

I'd also be a bit further for a more detailed explanation of the new stricter non-negative moderation. Does this mean Wyrd is going to be emulating the games workshop forums of yesteryear where if you had an issue with model or rule and attempted to discuss it civilly it would be quashed because it was "detrimental" to the company.

For instance. Avatar marcus is a terrible model. It could be one of the worst sculpts I've ever seen made, and as someone who frequents painting events and is a regular on on a certain paint judging website is no small statement, I've seen some bad models.

Does the above post get me a warning? does it get locked and or deleted?

What if I say I think the dreamer is too powerful in the current form. He was already pretty dominant as the best summoner in the game, and now we added an extra soulstone to his pool for why?

Does the above post get me a warning? does it get locked and or deleted?

Or are you more talking about when a post spirals down to "OMG, Wyrd is Amazeballs, your so stupid for disagreeing and thinking anything is wrong" and "Fanboy!, FANBOY! You suck, the rule sucks, this post sucks"

Don't get me wrong, I totally think the kibash needs to be put on the latter. The former I think are good things for the community and forums. (well, maybe not the marcus thing, though in my defense the sculpts did get better after that. So post hoc, ergo propter hoc)

I just deleted some posts on this thread because it was delving into the scale of the multi-part minis, which a moderator had already asked be moved to the relevant thread. You're welcome to share your opinions, please do it in the correct place.

@Dolomyte: We are not going to be moderating anything that is critical of the company just for that sake. Your sample post on the Dreamer and aMarcus are acceptable -- you're not being hostile, etc. There's something you don't like and you're expressing that opinion. Similarly, someone expressing a positive opinion has no problems, either.

The issue comes in when people are hostile and rude, which disrupts conversation -- which is what this forum is about. If we don't have different opinions on things, there's not much to discuss!

I can assure you that there is no attempt here to make anything 'fit the party line.' Rather, every attempt will be made to make the forum a place where people feel comfortable sharing their opinions in a civil way.

• Like 1

I just deleted some posts on this thread because it was delving into the scale of the multi-part minis, which a moderator had already asked be moved to the relevant thread. You're welcome to share your opinions, please do it in the correct place.

Would you then kindly delete or move your own posts that are clearly not on the topic this thread is intended for, and not just those posts made in reply to them?

That the posts you deleted were critical in nature was just a coincidence, I am sure.

• Like 1

Would you then kindly delete or move your own posts that are clearly not on the topic this thread is intended for, and not just those posts made in reply to them?

That the posts you deleted were critical in nature was just a coincidence, I am sure.

If a moderator asks you to move a specific discussion to another place, you listen to them. A moderator asked that multi-part minis discussion be moved, and then there were posts after that on that same subject. That is a direct example of how we intend to change moderation -- if a moderator says to move a topic, you do it. Anything that doesn't get moved will just be removed.

End of discussion on this thread of the matter. Further discussion on this thread should be related to the changes announced.

• Like 5