• 5 months later...

I love these tokens! Thank you so much for sharing them. I've got a them laser-cut a few times both for myself and as handouts for local tournaments.

I've started to make my own ones (Adversary, Summoned, Insignificant, Turf, Head, etc) and I've managed to re-use the characters from the font, however it takes a long time and I have to kern it manually which can look a bit ugly! :) Do you have a link to the font you used? I don't mind buying it, I spend a truckload on getting them made anyway!

Once I've finished my current designs I'll upload them if anyone is interested. Still got a few more to do - Activated, Reactivate, Informant, Tagged, Exhausted, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the font, it's Le Havre Titling with some of the alternate ligatures used. Unfortunately Inkscape doesn't have support for ligatures (or at least that I can find) so I had to do without the really cool A, B, E, and P. Oh well.

I get my tokens done through the Ponoko maker service. They of course have their own requirements for the way the SVG is coded so I changed it to be compatible, plus added a bunch of new tokens and changed some others. It should have all the non-specific conditions and markers. I also included US and non-US spelling for Armour and Paralysed. I know the "activated" and "wounded" conditions are a bit overkill, but after playing with a Som'er summoning crew for a few years I really needed a nicer way to track those two things over a dozen different gremlin models! Here's why my SVG looks like:

da71d592c1.png

You can download it from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By080EB4aAS6UEw2UVozY181OEU

I get them made on 1.6mm Technoply Beech. It's thin-enough that you can glue two tokens together which I really like. They come out looking like this:

da71e01dca.png

Next up I want to make the master- and model-specific conditions, like Do It Like Dis and Quit Screwin' Around.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2016 at 1:29 AM, DevlinMudd said:

I found the font, it's Le Havre Titling with some of the alternate ligatures used. Unfortunately Inkscape doesn't have support for ligatures (or at least that I can find) so I had to do without the really cool A, B, E, and P. Oh well.

I get my tokens done through the Ponoko maker service. They of course have their own requirements for the way the SVG is coded so I changed it to be compatible, plus added a bunch of new tokens and changed some others. It should have all the non-specific conditions and markers. I also included US and non-US spelling for Armour and Paralysed. I know the "activated" and "wounded" conditions are a bit overkill, but after playing with a Som'er summoning crew for a few years I really needed a nicer way to track those two things over a dozen different gremlin models! Here's why my SVG looks like:

da71d592c1.png

You can download it from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By080EB4aAS6UEw2UVozY181OEU

I get them made on 1.6mm Technoply Beech. It's thin-enough that you can glue two tokens together which I really like. They come out looking like this:

da71e01dca.png

Next up I want to make the master- and model-specific conditions, like Do It Like Dis and Quit Screwin' Around.

Pretty cool you managed to make them! They worked perfectly apparently. The font is actually Code bold or Market deco... Can't remember but they do look alike. 

On 24/10/2016 at 7:29 PM, DevlinMudd said:

I get my tokens done through the Ponoko maker service. I get them made on 1.6mm Technoply Beech

Exactly what i was looking to do with your generous deposits above! I'm in NZ as well - Ponoko's quoting me about $50 to do one of the above sheets. That sound about right? I've never never done this before, so i don't know if I've messed something up. The material cost is super-cheap, but it looks like the laser time cost is up there.

Yeah, $50 would be about right. I got three P1 sheets done and it was a little over US$100. It ends up about $0.60-70 per 20mm, $1-1.50 per 30mm, and $3.50-5 for a 50mm. All depends on the amount of black in the design! The head marker was one of the first I did, I should make a better design without that huge amount of fill that the laser has to cover.

I just got my first full batch done and they had this weird white pitting inside the laser fill areas, so I'm going to do a wash over them with something like Agrax Earthshade / Army Painter Strong Tone to darken them.

On 26/10/2016 at 7:12 AM, Heriberto Vall said:

Pretty cool you managed to make them! They worked perfectly apparently. The font is actually Code bold or Market deco... Can't remember but they do look alike. 

Thanks, I just looked up Market Deco and that's definitely the font. Oh well, I used a font finding tool and of course they only show you paid fonts... :)