Sigmar's Offerings

sigmar3

Hi guys

I've been gradually getting into Malifaux (as a painter not a gamer, for now) and have been lurking around this forum like a creepy resurrectionist for a while now. It's been very inspiring I must say. So now it is time for me to humbly show some of the things I've been working on. All comments are welcome...be they critical or (I mean especially) praise or nice things. There is no real rhyme or reason to what I paint, it's just what catches my eye to be honest. Anyway thanks for looking if you do!

Yeah it seems like it ha. So do I have to start a gallery album to link pics here because I'm having no luck with linking from photo bucket? (though I'm not  totally familiar with doing that). If I click on this option here saying 'image' and paste the URL nothing happens if I click ok or cancel the thing just freezes??!

• 2 weeks later...

Criticism?

I like a little more darkness around the base of the horns/wing spikes (a wider band) just to break them out a little more.  And I think I would have preferred a bit more contrast between the loin cloth and the skin.

I think the red hooves are a bit too bright.....when you look at the model....it's so cool in general that your attention immediately goes to the hottest point....so it draws the viewer's eye right to the feet and off of the model. I might consider doing the same color for the horns on his head........something to counter-balance the feet and bring the attention back up.

Honestly, those are nit-picks and I had to look pretty hard to make those. The model is fantastic.......the shading is superb....his muscles really stand out. The membrane on the wings, the eyes and mouth....they really pop from the model and look good.

Thanks for the feed back. I agree with horns, I never really convinced myself about the colour anyway...I think your idea is really good. I was possibly going to do them black (as I'm basically following the box art) but red horns would tie it together more. Cheers

I just love the smooth highlights on the skin, this part of the mini looks exceptionally good. I agree with Dgraz's comments about the hooves and horns. I think you might try to add a bit more brown to the horns as they stand out too much. Other than than it's a great looking mini and I hope to see more from you!

• 2 weeks later...

That Young Nephilim looks wonderful.  Actually I don't really agree with the other posters; I think that the bright hooves gives a really nice contrast to the skin.  On the other hand, I like bright primary colours on gaming miniatures as they stand out nicer at table top distance.

To be clear.....I'm all about bright complimentary colors. My suggestion was actually to add more of it........my comment was based on how the human mind works.......when it sees a warm color against cool, it is drawn to it....and if it doesn't have a balancing warm spot higher up it won't go back up. You're eye will look at the center of the model....then to the warm hooves....if it has nothing to bring it back it just keeps going in that line....so right off the model.

Ok guys I know it's taken a while, that's just how fast I paint I'm afraid lol. Very haphazardly! But I think I'm finished now, possibly I'll add some grass or something to the base. Apologies if the photos aren't so great I always struggle with that aspect.

Obviously any comments welcome on these little devils

100_0979_zps4bc2d5a0.jpg

100_0975_zpsd12b8951.jpg

100_0974_zps2224af06.jpg

100_0970_zps2eecfadc.jpg

100_0971_zpsd1141b6b.jpg

• Like 8

Well I finished Big Daddy Seamus and again I'm relatively happy with the out come. I made a horrible mistake, I started this a few months ago and then took a break for a while (did the nephilim lol) and when I went back to touch it up, etc, I couldn't remember how I'd done some of the shades! Nightmare. Nevermind it's done. I tried a few things I haven't tried before, the osl on the eye, and I'm still persevere with the nmm too. Anyway hope you guys like it.

bigseamus1_zps902cf150.jpg

• Like 5

Hi guys, thought I'd post something a little off topic, mix things up a little (as it will take me a while to start the Hired Swords). This is a mini I painted up as a present for someone. I was quite pleased with how it came out, and I have to say the sculpt is so nice. It's from Dark World Creations. Judge Dredd

dread1_zps73e3cec9.jpg

• Like 3