Scale of Multi part minis off?

ehren37

Okay consider that they did se both the female and male sprues before shipping them, remember the update where they showed and said about the extra things added to the sprues, that already shows they have seen both sprues.

That there isn't enough bases is a pain and seems like a marketing stunt, making us have to buy loose bases and the wrong fate deck is very bad.

The Hardcover books... well I hope they get them soon as they are the once that is holding back my things, I probably be the last one to get my things.

I wonder what will happen when they get back from Gen Con, I suspect nothing.

Please remember that in the past, Wyrd has had excellent customer support. It will probably take a while though.

I was one of the people who bought the Amazon Viks during last years Gencon and while the whole ordeal was confusing, it was sorted out in the end.

I have to agree with some of you though. The frequency that they're having problems is alarming.

I get the feeling that they might be, as a company, overextending. A figure game that's being completely redone both rules-wise and model-wise, a role playing game made from scratch, redoing the board game (PW), and releasing three new board games (EBO, KoA, JU) almost parallel is bound to have some mishaps for a company their scale. Even if it's been taking a few years.

I just hope that they will take it easy with new projects now that many of these are out in the stores and just catch up with everything they've got left. Seeing as the same kind of problems are popping up, time after time.

• Like 1

It would seem to me that Wyrd has reached the point where it needs to hire a professional CEO. They have too many seemingly un-managed projects languishing for attention, two official headquarters on opposite coasts and a global production/supply chain. The "they are a small company" excuse only placates so long, especially as their market share grows. I really do want them to succeed but I am reasonably certain that more than a few decisions of the last two years have cut into their profit margins more than bolstered them.

I'd bet we'll get a reply on this next week. Right now all of them are busy with GenCon. So yes, right now it is fairly hard for them to post a reply.

Though an "official announcement" may take a bit to format, being at GenCon is not an excuse for not at least acknowledging the mistake. Historically Wyrd (Eric at least) has posted tons during GenCon via Twitter, the facebook page (theirs not a Wyrd Place) and the forums. Also consider that his twitter account alone has 15+ tweets posted during the GenCon time frame, one of which is an "Easter Egg Hunt for a limited edition painted Hannah.

This is yet another missed opportunity for Wyrd to recover some of the credibility they lost from this kickstarter's post campaign.

• Like 3

Please keep in mind kickstarter backers make a small portion if their actual customer basis to think that they are prioritizing the majority of customers and future customers at gencon is not and should not be shocking or even a point of frustration. Yeah we paid and all but folks who go to gencon are likely paying way more than many of us paid. I know of many cases where folks walk up and put down 300-500.

To omen's point a CEO may be in order, I just wonder if they have the scale to bring one on. Or even a pr/quality person would be good but that could even be wrapped in a studio persons roll. Also a single hq might help.

Fmpm scale wasn't that noticeable. Some might have a better eyesight but I had to put the sprues next to other sprues. A 3-4 mm difference in over all scale will barely be percievable from 2' vantage point that most people will be using them from whether Ttb or m2e. If they replace them great if not I will be disappointed but won't feel burnt they work.

Come on folks so many complaints look at all the extras we got that were not promised, more character sheets, more mpms than originally planned per sprue, a crew box, I mean come on be fair and give some credit due their is effort from them.

• Like 2

Please keep in mind kickstarter backers make a small portion if their actual customer basis to think that they are prioritizing the majority of customers and future customers at gencon is not and should not be shocking or even a point of frustration. Yeah we paid and all but folks who go to gencon are likely paying way more than many of us paid. I know of many cases where folks walk up and put down 300-500.

To omen's point a CEO may be in order, I just wonder if they have the scale to bring one on. Or even a pr/quality person would be good but that could even be wrapped in a studio persons roll. Also a single hq might help.

Fmpm scale wasn't that noticeable. Some might have a better eyesight but I had to put the sprues next to other sprues. A 3-4 mm difference in over all scale will barely be percievable from 2' vantage point that most people will be using them from whether Ttb or m2e. If they replace them great if not I will be disappointed but won't feel burnt they work.

Come on folks so many complaints look at all the extras we got that were not promised, more character sheets, more mpms than originally planned per sprue, a crew box, I mean come on be fair and give some credit due their is effort from them.

Well in a way the size problem with the miniatures isn't the worst thing and can be easily ignored, however 3-4mm is still a lot in that type of miniature scale.

The fact that there are more mpms was accidental which Wyrd already said, the biggest problem so fare is that we don't get 2 limited edition fate decks as is part of the pledge reward, but we only get 1 and 1 regular fate deck.

More character sheets, that is new to me, haven't heard anyone that got more character sheets, and not everyone got a crew box in their package.

I haven't heard anyone say they got less than a crew box. More character sheets was not extra just fit more unlit than expected.

As for the accident extra mpm, that is a misnomer. they had room and they proactively chose to take advantage of it, they didn't have to but they did.

As for the fate deck i can see where people complain but I for one am not I would prefer to get two different than 2 of same. Though I am not sure why they did this.

My point is that we don't have to just focus on the negative, they did try to make some amends and I applaud them for some of the effort they put in. I am not saying the complaints and concerns are not due either. Communication bring my biggest concern. Just try to see they are making some effort.

As for the fate deck i can see where people complain but I for one am not I would prefer to get two different than 2 of same. Though I am not sure why they did this.

That pledge was more aimed for two people who both wanted the books and not the minis. So considering you got 2 of everything 1 person is left without a limited deck.

In the "What is the status of Through the breach for the backers??" post someone mentioned that they didn't get the bonus crew box.

But considering that we only know what Wyrd has told us and what is fluctuating around the internet, we don't really know anything 100

% which lead to speculations and bad... vibes of uncertainty.

As far as the female multipose minis - there were 1600 Kickstarter backers Wyrd needs to satisfy, anyone else need not be so upset because you were never supposed to have one.  Wyrd didn't release the FMPM's on GenCon because they either didn't have any left after the KS, found they were out of scale, or both.  In past instances Wyrd has made reparations (looking at you Ronin/Viks) and they'll probably do the same here too. 

The damage is done, it will take time to fix.  Now that you've got their attention how about you wait for their response.  Gencon ended less than 48 hours ago, have a little patience.  You adults.

While I don't entirely disagree with your points, the condescension expressed might not be the best way to sway people to your view.

I doubt it's a matter of them running out; why on Earth would they have ordered just enough of the female sprues but a ton of extras of the male sprues?  They got these in hand a month ago, which means they had time to check the sprues, and considering scale issues were previously a part of the problem, one would think they'd have had someone taking very precise measurements to make sure they didn't need to start yelling at the factory again.

While Wyrd's history of making good on issues seems to be solid, a couple dozen or even a couple hundred Viks issues isn't quite in the same scale as over a thousand backer boxes to attend to.  Shipping alone would be simply killer on such an endeavor, unless by some miracle the mold was fixed, the figures were punched, and everything arrived within an acceptably short time frame of the hardcovers, which were supposedly only a few weeks behind everything else, and thus should be going out "soon".  Holding those back for extra months could become causing one problem to solve another.

I respect that Gencon is a simply stupidly busy time for them, but it's not like they just found out about this during Gencon.  Presumably they've at least known for a couple of weeks, and as noted previously, the issues they've had with transparency in this campaign make it hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Even good news has been held back for weeks and months while concerns simmered or boiled up.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon, one way or another.

• Like 1

Yup.  It doesn't bother me, but I respect that there are folks for whom it's frustrating.  I only hope they don't mind their female MPM's being a bit on the tall side, or are able to trim/snip/shave/whatever to bring them sufficiently into scale for their needs.

Aaron stated in his recent post that they are aware of the Female Multipose scaling issue, but since they are not game models and purely cosmetic, they are not being corrected.

Doc can you provide a link to this?

It sucks, but it makes sense.  Making a new metal mold is pricey.  And to make the same exactly mold but like 1-2% smaller would be infuriating.  I guess the Wargames Factory (I believe its them) found the miscommunication between them and Wyrd  to be Wyrd's fault and they won't compensate the new mold.

If this is right I guess we have a little insight on whether to build, sell, or hang onto our FMPM's.  What a bummer for those who wanted to use the models side by side with their Malifaux ones.  Mod what you can I guess!!

amazing lol. So that's how it's going to be dealt with. Well what about the male MPM kit then is it too small? So do I get a bigger one for that then? Seriously. Basicly half my pledge is wasted on different size miniatures and your only retort is it "fits the purpose". Well so much for being a proffesional miniatures company.

So who do I turn to to get a refund for these minis that are not fit for purpose?

Not fit for the purpose? Is TTB now a 30mm Roleplaying Game?

I'm going to have to agree on Wyrd for this one: 3-5mm too large isn't something to refund / recall, especially when they're not even game models. People only noticed it when they put the sprues side-by-side.

Well this is unfortunate, as they say. I was indeed looking forward to use those models in malifaux (scenery or just proxy models like guild guards / desperate mercs and stuff). It's a business decision by Wyrd; it'd cost them too much to re-send that many boxes for free. Given i don't have enough people around to play TTB, one of the biggest reason to back the project was the miniatures, but that's a personal issue i have.

However, it will lower their sales of said FMTM sprues because of the scale issue as people are made aware of the fact they do not fit with Malifaux miniatures, so i doubt it'll forever remain out of scale.

Lastly, if released as such and kept available, there should be a sticker on the package stating they are 33 or so mm in scale, otherwise people may be confused and buy this without proper information.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to agree on Wyrd for this one: 3-5mm too large isn't something to refund / recall, especially when they're not even game models. People only noticed it when they put the sprues side-by-side.

That's assuming they are going to sel the offscale ones, my guess is (as they weren't available at gencon) they are having the sprues adjusted for the correct size and those will go on sale normally. Just a hunch though.

Its a 32mm upwards to 38mm rpg game.

The fact that they did'nt sold em on gencon is that people would get upset if they bought these miniatures in the state they are in. Nothing else.

Noticing it when putting them side to side is kinda logical that you notice it then. So why would this be only a problem then? You play those miniatures on a table side to side of each other. I don't get this reasoning nor is it an excuse.

They will problaby be fixed some time in the future. But the people that helped creating these models monetary wise will be left with a off-scale product for their troubles.

Their proportions are off, both when looking at the female minis alone (their legs are way too long) and when comparing them to the male models. They are supposed to depict human beings. They evidently do not. Hence they are not fit for purpose.

The miniatures I received are most certainly not what I expected when I gave Wyrd my money. Hence I want my money back.

The fact that they did'nt sold em on gencon is that people would get upset if they bought these miniatures in the state they are in. Nothing else.

Noticing it when putting them side to side is kinda logical that you notice it then. So why would this be only a problem then? You play those miniatures on a table side to side of each other. I don't get this reasoning nor is it an excuse.

It is an excuse. If you can't tell a model is out of scale just by looking at it alone (like the Amazon Viks), it's obviously not severely out of scale.

This is like 4mm, people! 4!

Put a 35mm model next to a 30mm model. It's not that big a difference (some might say 5mm in fact) unless you're playing within about 6" of the board surface, which at that point, your paint job is going to be more interesting than noticing all the women are a hair taller.

If anyone wants to sell their grotesquely exaggerated mountains of Female Multipose models, I'd be happy to consider buying them! Please send a PM.

• Like 1