Ikvars painting adventure (feedback welcome)

Ikvar

The problem is that he have 671 votes, so that single 1rating means nothing to him. However I only have 37 vote, so those 1rating are really pulling me down :/

Aaaanyway, I have taken some new photos of my WIP stuff :)

Mr. Graves again:

16518338342_d074c209f0_o.jpg

I have altered his face a bit, and made all the transitions a bit more smoth. I am still not sure if I am happy with his face, so that will need a bit more work. I also dont know if I need to do some more work on his purple cloth and the gradient work there?

- and I only took a front picture this time, as I have not done a lot of work to the other sides of the mini.

And here are the first early WIP pictures of my Teddy- its the first time I have tried to do texture painting, so I know there are a long way to go. Everything needs work at this point, especially all the freehand stuff, but I thought I would post some new stuff even though it is early, so you guys wont get bored of the thread ^^

16331958670_f219fe9355_o.jpg

16517713141_f9b3dcc90c_o.jpg

16333148489_0be19586c2_o.jpg

16333148419_73f54009fa_o.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the nice comments, I also think Miss Ery have some potential, but atm she is only about 60% done though :)

The drops of blood is made with some thin steel wire glued on, then painted black, and then I add a mix of Uhu glue and Tamiya red and paint it on the steel wire :)

And yes apparently it does bother him, that out of almost 700 screaming fans that seems to completely ignore the fact that it has been photoshopped, and giving it 9-10, a single person has called him on his photoshop and given it a score fitting to what he have done... and the fact that he took his time to write that angry message and go back to my picture and give it a 1 without any reason... :/

I think you've been a little harsh on him. His model didn't deserve a 1 I don't think although I agree that using heavy photoshopping could be perceived as cheating to an extent. It's just CMON man, people go on there and vote for their friends models or get all excitable and fanboyish and star banging on about 200 out of 10 and other meaningless hyperbole. Don't take it to heart! Your Graves is looking very good indeed. Miss Ery looks unfinished although the texturing on her fur is great. Her OSL on her eyes still needs some work (it's too heavy at the moment) but apart from that I think she looks very good. 

• Like 1

I think you've been a little harsh on him. His model didn't deserve a 1 I don't think although I agree that using heavy photoshopping could be perceived as cheating to an extent. It's just CMON man, people go on there and vote for their friends models or get all excitable and fanboyish and star banging on about 200 out of 10 and other meaningless hyperbole. Don't take it to heart! Your Graves is looking very good indeed. Miss Ery looks unfinished although the texturing on her fur is great. Her OSL on her eyes still needs some work (it's too heavy at the moment) but apart from that I think she looks very good. 

I fully agree that the model itself does not deserve a 1, but rather a strong 8. However the trend of using photoshop is really starting to grow on Cmon, and I really think it is an awful thing. I might take it to seriouse, but when I see some of the truly amazing artists on that side, get the same score as some fakes that only paints "okay" but cheats by using photoshop... that really annoys me.

But I am also thinking about getting into puttyandpaint.com instead, think there are a lot less of those things on that forum. I just need an invite to the side as it is invitational only... I have seen someone from the wyrd forum posting there though, would anyone know the person that have made this:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/6624

as I would really like to get in contact with him.

Eh, I do agree that Photoshopping is silly but it really, really, really isn't a "1" paintjob. Luke gave it a seven and also mentioned the Photoshopping and I think that is a far better approach.

But as a general approach to CMON: Don't pay it any heed! The scoring is superbly random and people often score the mini as opposed to the paintjob and such. Don't take the site seriously, because there lies madness.

• Like 1

I understand what you guys mean by not taking Cmon seriously, but I am really having a hard time not voicing my opinion with stuff like this.

And as I have said before, I fully agree that the mini itself is worth more then a 1, however cheating is cheating- if I cheat on half an exam in school, I will still fail the entire exam. 

If he posts the picture without the photoshopping, I will happily give him a proper rating.

Incidently, I got your Russian translated and............"dyed shit !!! Go instructive wife to cook soup , asshole." Hahahhahahahhahahhahahha! Best insult ever! Hahahhahahhahahhaa what is he on about? 

My (toned down) translation would be: Looks like a decorated poop. Go help your wife to cook a soop!

Russian is a bit similar to Croatian and they used to teach Cyrillic in my grad school during the Communism era in my country.

I didn't get from the first time I read your post that that guy got his buddies to down vote your picture. That's a dick move.

@Ikvar: I just love your Miss Ery, you've got a very colorful and playful look going on. Can't wait to see if you'll paint a Dreamer or Collodi crews since they would perfectly complement your style.

You managed to get all those different colors on the same mini and it doesn't look mismatched.

Very clean painting on the Graves. He's got different facial expression from the others I've seen.

I haven't been able to get those thin stripes right on my minis suits yet and it'll be a long time before I attempt texture painting. I'll be looking at your Miss Ery progress...

• Like 1

Many thanks Linus, I will be painting him for my Dreamer crew :)

And holy hell that Russian guy is angry, now he have commented on my picture again:

"гавно покрашено ,тебе только свиней и красить мудак!!!"

With google translate:

"shit colored, you only pigs and dyeing asshole !!!"

... at what point can I report this guy for harassment, I have been nothing but calm and civil, even when he and his friends went to my mini and gave it a 1 without reason O_o 

Report and don't respond to him any more. You might have touch his nerve because you're only right to criticize.
I just upvoted you. I don't have an account, but it allows me to vote even if I'm just a visitor, which should mean that rating system is as thrutful as IMDB rating system... Also today is Friday 13th, bad luck is in the air :P as well CoolMiniorNot could have a large base of raging illiterate full caps 40K players (not ganeralizing that all 40K players are all the same).

Thank you so much for your support everyone, I really needed that :)

- I have contacted Cmon, though they have not responded yet, but things seems to have calmed down a bit at least.

Aaaanyway this painting blog will now resume to be about... painting again ^^

This is a VERY early Nekima proxy, she is only about 25% done at most, but I thought I had to take pictures of something to get everything back on track ;)

16343503537_ea4a6fd691_o.jpg

16343503597_bb44682583_o.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the nice comments as always :)

The model is this one from Freebooter:

http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/en/catalog/43

Though I altered her a bit, and shaved off all the things sticking through her skin, as I am going to do a lot of freehand stuff on her :)

- and she is almost double the size of Wyrds new Nekima model... which is not saying a lot lot, as that damn model is tiny as hell... and yes I am still a bit pissed about it ^^

The rock she is standing on is something I have added myself, as the original model stands on a square metal thing, so I had to replace it somehow... though I honestly think it looks like sh** atm. So although she is only very early on in her progress, it would be lovely if you guys could help me with some idea I could do with that rock thingi she stands on atm

The rock she is standing on is something I have added myself, as the original model stands on a square metal thing, so I had to replace it somehow... though I honestly think it looks like sh** atm. So although she is only very early on in her progress, it would be lovely if you guys could help me with some idea I could do with that rock thingi she stands on atm

Have you considered painting it up the same colour as the carved faces and free-handing a pattern and some damage on different sides?

I'm sure you can get it to look like it's broken off another part of the base, or at least blend in to the surroundings.