Justiiiiin, what are the new Tara themed upgrades?!

DeleteAccount

Will Crooligans really get a chance to drop schemes when they get buried (or killed with the above Nix trip) the turn they come in?

It's pretty much the reason crooligans are bottom of the barrel when considered as summon targets. I really have to think a turn ahead to consider a Crooligan worth summoning seeing how many resources I need to unbury the damn thing when Tara could probably do it by herself.

I know it isn't Crooligan specific, but I was trying to use my Void Wretch to heal and clear Slow from the buried Crooligan so he'd be more useful when he finally popped out.

The Autopsies have guns, but otherwise are they that much better? I was only really counting on the +1AP from summoning any non-Slow model. If they're buried, they could really stay buried and still be a benefit over whatever Karina was going to do. :P

And yeah, if you need a dude to claim a Squat or Deliver a Message (!!!) or Distract or whatever, and then be somewhere else, I don't see why not. Also their -1Wp is helpful if the NB is standing nearby. Terrifying+WpAttacks.

I'd frankly only consider a guild Autopsy if I'm desperate to down something, I mean, it's still a long range activation out of nowhere and he is competent with the gun, so it can get stuff done, but I'd probably try and save the card. Punk Zombie is when the card goes to Karina since that is cooking with gas. Also, the big problem with the whole "heal it with a wretch" thing I'm having is that if Tara wants to reposition something in her first activation, she either can't or has to unbury it before it can get healed, so it can end up being problematic. Though if you don't want to do a quick swap and she has Knowledge of Eternity, you can spam the action to put some slow on enemy models or accept no reactivate and activate her later, but I do tend to hotswap a lot with her.

aside from replacing a 4 stone Wretch with an 8 stone Nix (ith the upgrade) and getting a better objective runner, I don't feel that Nix would be anything amazing inside a Tara crew.  (caveat, not talking the ability to Fast Karina's summons to kill them)

I use him to spread Blight to my non-Blighted models to get Rats from them, as a Flanker and carrier of Infectious Melodies in a Hamelin Crew.  Later round Bleeding Disease as well.

So, unless you are going on all with the attempted Summons from Karina, I feel Nix would be more of a whole than a help... and without other minions showing up during gameplay, the Infectious Melodies is really tough to pay for and carry in an upgrade slot)

and that's my TheoryFaux on that.

As for the rest of it, I have been playing so long without Tara's theme'd crew I am hesitant to toss them back in with these upgrades... I love my current Tara lists!

I'd frankly only consider a guild Autopsy if I'm desperate to down something, I mean, it's still a long range activation out of nowhere and he is competent with the gun, so it can get stuff done, but I'd probably try and save the card. Punk Zombie is when the card goes to Karina since that is cooking with gas. Also, the big problem with the whole "heal it with a wretch" thing I'm having is that if Tara wants to reposition something in her first activation, she either can't or has to unbury it before it can get healed, so it can end up being problematic. Though if you don't want to do a quick swap and she has Knowledge of Eternity, you can spam the action to put some slow on enemy models or accept no reactivate and activate her later, but I do tend to hotswap a lot with her.

Are you thinking that you'd only use a 12 or 13 of Crows (or a RJ) on it? I think we have to consider whether the 10 and 11 of Crows might still be a good use of this ability.  I think it is. We can probably all agree that a Punk Zombie is awesome (or when I thought I could summon a Student of Sinew vs my opponent and his Undead). But is a Crooligan or Autopsy not worthwhile? The summon is a (0) and you get at least 2AP and an extra activation back from it, which sounds great to me. Whenever I can out-activate my opponent, I'm happy.

While it does mean that Tara and NB have to be near each other, the NB new upgrade solves the problem with Wretch-Healing, since the model staying Buried doesn't prevent you from using Glimpse, so you could have a stockpile of Buried models, or even not worry about the 4ss model stopping you from Burying something else. At the same time, it feels like Wretches have been things to do on the table than healing and removing Slow from 4ss Buried models. I regretted doing it.

You can summon students as well, so no problem if you want to summon one of the students. But most times I'll just default to the punk simply because the + to attack is pretty helpful in a hand starved crew, that doesn't mean I won't use a student if I need to ignore hard to wound, Armor or just want to remove triggers. They are all good buys.

Secondly, the Nothing Beast doesn't help with jack in the healing part, it allows you to bury an enemy model with glimpse even if you have friendly models buried, but it does not change anything else from the Glimpse trigger. So the moment I have that Crooligan or Autopsy buried, I cannot bury any other friendly models with Glimpse, meaning Tara can't bury anything anymore outside of an enemy model if the Nothing Beast is around. Thing is, I never try and bank on burying enemy models, I consider it a bonus, never a plan and one of the most powerful aspects a of Tara is her ability to redeploy a big model and shove it in your opponents face instantly. Having a Guild Autopsy or Crooligan buried can utterly kill this momentum since now you can't first activation redeploy with Tara, you now need a Death Marshal to do the burying or wait with Tara till she can unbury the other guy or unbury him with slow and go with it while hoping you don't actually need to move for the redepoy you wanted to do in the first place and so on. There is a huge risk it can gum up your works and in the later part of the game, I don't usually consider that I have much time to blow an activation trying a heal with a wretch, since they are too useful to me gumming up the enemy or just getting VP. So basically, if I'm going to risk gumming up my offense, it better be with a good reason, a punk and student is a very good reason, a Crooligan is a bad reason as far as I'm concerned, a guild autopsy and a drowned is a decent reason if I really need to finish something off.

This of course stops being a factor if my beaters are all dead, but at that point in the match, I'd better have the game mostly sealed since a Crooligan or Guild Autopsy have a hard time saving the day.

• Like 1

You can summon students as well, so no problem if you want to summon one of the students. But most times I'll just default to the punk simply because the + to attack is pretty helpful in a hand starved crew, that doesn't mean I won't use a student if I need to ignore hard to wound, Armor or just want to remove triggers. They are all good buys.

Secondly, the Nothing Beast doesn't help with jack in the healing part, it allows you to bury an enemy model with glimpse even if you have friendly models buried, but it does not change anything else from the Glimpse trigger. So the moment I have that Crooligan or Autopsy buried, I cannot bury any other friendly models with Glimpse, meaning Tara can't bury anything anymore outside of an enemy model if the Nothing Beast is around. Thing is, I never try and bank on burying enemy models, I consider it a bonus, never a plan and one of the most powerful aspects a of Tara is her ability to redeploy a big model and shove it in your opponents face instantly. Having a Guild Autopsy or Crooligan buried can utterly kill this momentum since now you can't first activation redeploy with Tara, you now need a Death Marshal to do the burying or wait with Tara till she can unbury the other guy or unbury him with slow and go with it while hoping you don't actually need to move for the redepoy you wanted to do in the first place and so on. There is a huge risk it can gum up your works and in the later part of the game, I don't usually consider that I have much time to blow an activation trying a heal with a wretch, since they are too useful to me gumming up the enemy or just getting VP. So basically, if I'm going to risk gumming up my offense, it better be with a good reason, a punk and student is a very good reason, a Crooligan is a bad reason as far as I'm concerned, a guild autopsy and a drowned is a decent reason if I really need to finish something off.

This of course stops being a factor if my beaters are all dead, but at that point in the match, I'd better have the game mostly sealed since a Crooligan or Guild Autopsy have a hard time saving the day.

What?

The upgrade is:

FReindly models within :aura 10 may use the Glimpse the Void Trigger regardless of how many freindly models are buried. (enemy models still count)

Nothing is stopping you from burying the summoned horror and still having Tara bury more.

What?

The upgrade is:

FReindly models within :aura 10 may use the Glimpse the Void Trigger regardless of how many freindly models are buried. (enemy models still count)

Nothing is stopping you from burying the summoned horror and still having Tara bury more.

Read the card again

https://twitter.com/Tograth/status/500606676026654720/photo/1

"May us the Glimpse the Void trigger against enemy models regardless". That phrase there kills any use for it on friendlies.

Read the card again

https://twitter.com/Tograth/status/500606676026654720/photo/1

"May us the Glimpse the Void trigger against enemy models regardless". That phrase there kills any use for it on friendlies.

Hmm. The last version i had wfrom testing was worded differently. Despite being labelled "Final, Official"...

Apologies..

• Like 1

I had misread the upgrade, and didn't even have the excuse of looking at a testing version. >.< You are correct, burying friendlies sucks still.

The Students are absolutely great, but they also require the same 12C/13C/RJ as the Punk Zombie does, which is a very small section of my deck to have drawn at the start of the turn. 

But now I'm getting the picture. Because a summoned 10C/11C model isn't as useful, and because it becomes buried with no easy way of unburying, you consider it a waste to even try to summon them because of the loss of the TaraTaxi, despite gaining 2AP and an activation from the summon. I don't know if I agree, but I'm not exactly winning my Vassal-game-in-progress, so my opinion is suspect. :P

No problem, if it had allowed burying any number of friendly models all of my qualms with the summon would instantly vanish, since I wouldn't need to have to account for the buried deadweight..

That would allow Tara to bury three models via Pull the Void, then send a Rat up the board for Tara to pop at the end of the turn like a 1E Dreamer pinata, allowing her (likely Fast) crew to fall out all at once.  That's probably not something we need to reintroduce to the game.

• Like 5

I tried both the upgrades last night in a Tara crew and never actually used the summon, main models I would've gone for though was a punk zombie or maybe a drowned, in a squatters game throwing a drowned into melee to prevent interacts works well.

However, thanks to backing TTB and Tara not having a henchman I also ran Hannah in the crew with her ancient times upgrade, a way to easily bury a model for Tara to then pop up somewhere else was valuable.

Did end up doing the damage prevent with NB but he still died in the end..... Mind you killing misaki in one actuvation with him thanks to fast and then taking ototo down to 1 wound when he had poison +4? Yeah I was pretty happy to lose the NB by then.