Justiiiiin, what are the new Tara themed upgrades?!

DeleteAccount

Just played a game with the new rules. We fudged Karina's summon, but I didn't get a chance to use it anyway (No high Crows). The crew is really a treat to play now with all the extra Burys. 

Great job, thanks a lot Ratty and team! :)

List:

Tara, Oblit Symbiote, + Initiative Upgrade, Dead of Winter

Karina: Summon upgrade

Nothing Beast: Bury Upgrade

2 Void Wretches

2 Death Marshals

Bete Noire

Nothing Beast killed Huggy and an Illuminated, buried a bunch of models before he died. I got stuff DONE. 

Kirai doesn't summon 6", she summons into base to base of the model she used as a Wd donor unless she has her upgrade that lets her do it 3" from it.

Call Forth (summon Seishin) is range 6. Blood and Wind (summon spirit minion) is range 6 to the anchor.

• Like 1

Call Forth (summon Seishin) is range 6. Blood and Wind (summon spirit minion) is range 6 to the anchor.

And the summoned model comes from the anchor and you are stacking two summons to get the desired effect, it's flexible, but the king of placement flexibility is for Dreamer and second goes to Molly. Yes, technically summoning a Seishin is 10% flexible and Datsue Ba can do it too, but well... it's a Seishin.

Just played a game with the new rules. We fudged Karina's summon, but I didn't get a chance to use it anyway (No high Crows). The crew is really a treat to play now with all the extra Burys. 

Great job, thanks a lot Ratty and team! :)

List:

Tara, Oblit Symbiote, + Initiative Upgrade, Dead of Winter

Karina: Summon upgrade

Nothing Beast: Bury Upgrade

2 Void Wretches

2 Death Marshals

Bete Noire

Nothing Beast killed Huggy and an Illuminated, buried a bunch of models before he died. I got stuff DONE. 

Wait wait wait, Nothing beast's upgrade lets him bury any amount of models? I just thought it made friendly models not be counted when checking if you could bury an enemy model, not that you can bury all the enemies all the time!

Also, with Karina never getting a decent crow, what did she actually do?

Finally, we are still kind of choking here with the lack of the actual wording, could you please post it so we can stop debating with half defined information?

But again, once the muppet is buried, you have a slow missile that NEEDS to be made fast somehow to make it go full bore and disallows you from just burying something else and flinging it into somebody's face with Tara, now you need a Marshal to prep it up for you, meaning another activation.

Yes, Karina can burn it to take it off the table, but not on the turn it's buried, and Void wretches can bite it, bu the last thing I consider I should be doing is wasting the activations of my objective grabbers to compensate for another friendly model's ability.

If you have a means by which  to unbury the Horror, a Void Wretch can heal and remove all conditions, including slow, from the Horror while it is buried.  Using an activation of one of your objective runner one turn may be worth gaining another objective runner, a fighter, or something else for future rounds.

If you have a means by which  to unbury the Horror, a Void Wretch can heal and remove all conditions, including slow, from the Horror while it is buried.  Using an activation of one of your objective runner one turn may be worth gaining another objective runner, a fighter, or something else for future rounds.

It also needs to blow it's whole activation and have an 8+ to actually do it. Since it was buried at the end of the turn, if you want to be healed and without slow, it also means you cannot bury another friendly model with Tara to do a Taxi unless you pass on her reactivate or accept that on her first activation she simply can't do any taxi tricks unless a Death Marshal prepped one up last turn and wait for her second activation (again, dead of winter becomes a requirement), so any minor mishap in calculation can screw you hard. If you are using wretches, odds are you will want to drop some cards to bump their defense and at the very least you will need a 7+ for Tara to be able to do her unbury without a hitch. This is all of course supposing you don't have bigger priorities when you start your turn.

I'm feeling for now that using something like Rusty Alice or Sebastian, that gives a student reactivate and makes sure it dies at the end of the turn or Sebastian who can eat it, get a card and a stone from it. I mean, Tara is always card starved if you play her with her theme crew out of necessity and she needs a surprising amount of medium cards to work, which can eat up your hand faster than expected.

OK, lot me say it, it's a powerful ability, a very powerful ability, but so is summoning a Death Marshal for a living model dying 4" from her, doing 2 damage to any models activating 6" from her and being able to one hit kill anything. But all of those things happen to have a very big disclaimer associated, and frankly, I would have avoided giving her another powerful yet cornercase ability (even though it's probably the strongest and least cornercase of the batch) and instead given her something reliable to do.

I mean, I was just hoping for increased odds for getting the Death Marshal out (discard a 12+ and maybe let it work on Undead too, once per turn) and the ability to bury a friendly model with ease and have it unbury next to her at the end of the turn, since it would actually let you use the void heal with any reliability and gives you a way to bury not dependent on damaging your models, nor constrained by other buried models or forcing you to bring death marshals. Meaning I don't feel forced to use Dead of Winter every time I want to do a bury play and at the same time, though working well with Symbiote, it's not obligatory since it can be used to do some redeploying and getting real use out of the wretch heals. Bam, reliable tool that gives Karina something to do with her life that helps her crew do their thing.

People in this thread should actually PLAY with the new upgrades prior to crying that the crew still doesn't work...

Oh, I agree with that, but until I get my deck, I still have 3 weeks of speculation at the very least, hell, I'm playing in a couple of hours, if I had the exact text I'd try it right now. The nothing beasts upgrade can go from good to WTF depending on how many enemy models it allows to be buried. Like I first read it I thought it meant I could bury a single enemy model even if friendly models are buried but Drix comment made it seem like you can bury freely, period, which could get insane quick since I still remember the reason why her burying mechanic was so restrictive. So basically, the nothing beast upgrade is good be it on one end of the spectrum or the other simply for being able to block an attack on a model that suffers heavily from not winning initiative.

Karina on the other hand I fail to see how another super swingy ability adds to her outside of making me curse when I can't make it work or make my opponent curse when y punk blitz him. Like I said, it's very very very powerful (hell, I'd say it's too powerful when it works even though you have to do soma "maintenance" after going for it), but very unreliable and unless that is the intended theme for Karina, I was hoping for something good, but reliable. Though if the Nothing Beats breaks the bury limitation, Karina's stock will go up simply because fires of the void will be a lot more usable and she will be able to slow buried models. So if the Nothing Beast is in the powerful extreme of my chart, he is already enough to justify his inclusion and Karina's to a degree and now she can focus on doing something outside of taking potshots while waiting to bank on the hail Mary Punk.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait, Nothing beast's upgrade lets him bury any amount of models? I just thought it made friendly models not be counted when checking if you could bury an enemy model, not that you can bury all the enemies all the time!

Also, with Karina never getting a decent crow, what did she actually do?

Finally, we are still kind of choking here with the lack of the actual wording, could you please post it so we can stop debating with half defined information?

Whooops! I read the NB's upgrade wrong! According to the FB post you can use Glimpse to bury an enemy even with friendlies buried. It actually worked out due to how the game went because I don't think I ever had more than 2 enemies buried at once (though I had bete Noire buried often, so the upgrade definitely helped in that regard.) 

Karina got her "set buried enemies on fire" spell off, and her enemy models take damage if fast aura. And she held a table quarter for Reconnoiter. :)