Justiiiiin, what are the new Tara themed upgrades?!

DeleteAccount

omg thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

THANK YOU!

I doubt the big man will tell us what they'll do, but could you at least give us the number of new upgrades? Are they all Tara, or does Karina and the NB get some love?

I thought he said on Malifools there would be two (or a "couple"). can't recall the quote but still leads to some potential utility with the crew.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw...Karina is a fun model as far as looks go - she's just too expensive for what she does.  I really think they overvalued her Bash trigger...or possibly her "discard Red Joker" ability.  Ho hum.

Honestly, I'm hoping we get something to make her a bit more effective...

so with the webstore open, I cross referenced the outcasts deck list of upgrades and found 2 cards that aren't in the downloadable Wave 2 stuff OR the Wave 3 generic upgrades.

The Faces of Oblivion

Void Shield

Now! Someone at Gencon tell us what they actually do :D Also someone tell us if the normal Tara box will come with them, I still want to know.

• Like 1

From Facebook

So Karina's upgrade lets her Take Guild autopsies in her crew and she can summon Horror Minions for a (0). Summoned model isn't slow, but is buried, slowed and takes 1/2 wounds at end of turn. Can't be used if there's a buried horror.

Nothing Beasts upgrade is a Void shield: Let's the crew bury enemy models even if friendlies are buried (only when NB is in play) and can discard to prevent all damage on an attack.

Karina's sounds awesome, but I have the very big question of how that model gets unburied since if Tara can't do it for whatever reason, you screw yourself from being able to bury anything else indirectly. The Nothing beasts upgrade is OK, but frankly, what it does should have been how burying with Tara should have worked from day one, if it's a 0 SS upgrade, then the discard is a great way to give it some artificial resilience so something can activate and drop cards to bump up it's defense.

Devil is in the details but I like what I'm seeing.

Hmm, interesting.

If Karina's costs anything, it's probably still not going to be worth it unless those target numbers are low, and it's yet another Tara ability that looks more aimed at outcasts acting like ressers.

The Nothing Beast's, I agree, is mostly just patching what should be there. The damage prevention looks great, though, since that first activation is often what gets him killed.

Talking with someone that knows about it in Chat, both upgrades are 0 SS. The summoned model is buried but can't be unburied outside of Tara with Symbiote, so Death Marshals are pretty much a requirement if you expect to do any burying. No idea about the casting cost of the spell though which will make it or break it. If you pass on Symbiote, then Karina's summon becomes less of a hassle, though you will end up accumulating forgotten horrors under the ground. Seems her Ca action is harder than masters, still don't know if she needs the crow or not. If she needs the crow, she is useless as far as I'm concerned... Really need to find out the exact casting details.

I'm not hearing anything about a corpse marker needed...

This would let Karina focus on summoning guys for Tara to stuff in your opponents face. There are a lot of really good horrors out there to choose from. Punk zombies, all of the students, etc.

I tend to hire the stuff I'm interested in jamming on my opponents face, the unbury is still a 7+ of crows, so it's not like she can machine gun through it. Also, Really depends on how flexible Karina is at summoning, if she can only use crows and has a lower Ca than a master, then she will only have 3 that would let her summon a punk.

The solution to Tara's signature stuff being inefficient is to play with Molly's signature stuff instead.

The solution to Tara being too upgrade dependent is to take a free upgrade on a totem which requires another dedicated upgrade slot on Tara.

Think I have to be missing something here.