What is going on with Malifaux? Stagnant in my area....

mbowsher76

I think that would be only because of Alaska, the map on the link I posted suggests that the 48 "all-together" states could be swallowed up by Australia whole.

The contiguous 48 states have a combined area of 3,119,884.69 square miles, while Australia has an area of 2,941,300 miles.  If you add in Australia and Hawaii the US pulls ahead even further.  Because science!

The contiguous 48 states have a combined area of 3,119,884.69 square miles, while Australia has an area of 2,941,300 miles.  If you add in Australia and Hawaii the US pulls ahead even further.  Because science!

"If you add in Australia...."

FIFTY ONE.

• Like 1

I've had the same feeling until recently... in Cali there is very little going on except in the OC, but we got two newly active henchmen in San Luis Obispo and some new players. Malifaux now has once a month mini tournaments and people drive from LA and Santa Barbara (3 hrs) to get to em. Player base seems to have quadrupled since all this started, assuming we can retain those players I could care less what happens outside my local area, but I think as those long driving players start promoting the game more in their local areas it will have the same resurgence we've seen... I'd suggest just push and promote a little bit harder and people will start popping out of the woodwork with fresh paint on starter crews...

I've only been playing Malifaux for about 3 months and had the good fortune of joining a great group of experienced players. I have since introduced three long standing historical gamers and a WH convert, all of whom have acquired at least one crew. Most recently, a local gaming store has announced regular Wednesday night open Malifaux gaming. So, it seems to be growing here on the Canadian prairies.

K

• Like 2

We do have more sensible gun laws.

And despite that, the British haven't come back to invade yet. So there is that we can offer.

It's always been my favourite Penal Colony. ;) Not sure why we would invade part of our own commonwealth though.

On topic, our club has just started an escalation league for Malifaux.

Grab a starter box and then expand from there, limiting upgrades and stuff early on.

It makes it something new players can get into and gives veterans an excuse (as if they needed one) to start a new crew.

Maybe something to consider?

We will do the same for infinity when 3rd ed drops.

Yeah, that's the case here as well. There's a dedicated core of 4 or 6 people who play every week, and maybe a half dozen more who have crews, play sometimes,  but are currently playing Infinity or other games while they wait for plastic Wave 2 and physical cards because they don't feel like dealing with pdfs or the like. The months of delays on stuff didn't help. None of them have lost interest overall, they're just sort of waiting it out until some new stuff comes out.