Bad Majesty's Resurrectionists

haychdee

Hey all,

I am new to Malifaux and these forums, picked up the game at my new local club, played several games and loving it so far.

Went with Resurrectionists for my starting crew and trying to resist the urge to buy EVERYTHING!

Thought I'd share some of my initial WIP painting shots. So different to anything I've painted before but slowly adjusting.

Anywho, on with the pics! (sorry they're a tad on the blurry side)

10408103_658260057590048_706561186658011

Just a quick WIP shot of my painted characters, normally just run with Seamus and Sybelle so got them started first.

Any C&C welcome

BM

• Like 3

Some nice models there mate, really like Mortimer's base..had a similar idea for him my self, but just never got round to doing it lol.. ;) , though tbh my Nicodem box crew is on the back burner, seem to have been took over by a bit of swamp fever...proper hooked on Gremlins  :lol:

Cheers for the comments folks,

@Phatts - the base was kind of an accident, I'd kinda trashed it on a previous belle model so I ended up using the dirt of Mortimer to cover it up, pleased with the outcome though.

@Viruk - cheers man, not sue if the gritty look comes from my palette choice or my camera lens  :huh:

@Math Mathonwy - thanks for the compliment on my backside  ;)

@Cate - thanks, definitely a challenge at this scale and with so much detail

And now for some more pictures, this time it's my Flesh Construct

10516743_658478550901532_547282495294381

C&C welcome

BM

• Like 1

Bad Majesty,

Ok I look over your models and here's where I'm at.

They are all painted very well, but a little to monotone in color for my taste. Seamus is quite a colorful character and I think/feel you should have gone a lot more colorful on him. Also since you went red on Sybelle you should have gone another color on the Rotten Belle, and then 2 more different bright colors on the other two. Anyway unless there uniforms (Like is so common in the guild) I have to say break out your pinks, blues, greens, yellows, reds, and purples, and do the ladies some color.

All in all good work.

Nighthater

@ Nighthater

I get where you're coming from but in general I do tend to paint monotone, it's just my style as I sometimes struggle to get the same finished product when using a brighter palette.

With Sybelle and the Belle the pictures maybe don't fully represent their true colours. Sybelle is a deep red colour but the bell is much more purple toned IRL. With the belle I decided I'd stick to the artwork so the other 2 will be of a brighter colour.

Thanks for the feedback though

BM