The decision about purchasing Mysterious Emissary is brain problem for me now! I am trying to control myself in buying new models, cause there are some of them that didn't see gaming table yet. Also it almost compulsury to get changellings with our emissary - another purchase! So I need to be sure that Mysterious Emissary is a pretty strong and useful addition to my "warband".

I have Dreamer as my main master, Pandora, Lynch with almost all models that these masters need. Do all of these masters can use NB emissary really successful? I am sure that emissary shines in Pandora lists. However, I don't know how he synergises with other two masters. Sorry for being little bit off topic!

Maybe it is better to take just Johan for conditions removal and be ready for gg18?:)

1 hour ago, le_sphinx said:

The decision about purchasing Mysterious Emissary is brain problem for me now! I am trying to control myself in buying new models, cause there are some of them that didn't see gaming table yet. Also it almost compulsury to get changellings with our emissary - another purchase! So I need to be sure that Mysterious Emissary is a pretty strong and useful addition to my "warband".

I have Dreamer as my main master, Pandora, Lynch with almost all models that these masters need. Do all of these masters can use NB emissary really successful? I am sure that emissary shines in Pandora lists. However, I don't know how he synergises with other two masters. Sorry for being little bit off topic!

Maybe it is better to take just Johan for conditions removal and be ready for gg18?:)

This is my personal experience, which is not really that much with NB yet.

My own masters are Dreamer, Collodi and Lynch. Depending on the list, the Emissary can be really good. I don't run such a Collodi list, but Dreamer just got a new option with Growing Up. Now you can run upto an enemy, hit him and turn into Chompy, then place all enemies with X radius (not sure how much, think 6) in base contact with Chompy and then CHAIN ACTIVATE into Chompy to unleash havoc on your enemies. I feel like this can work really well.

Lynch's upgrade is solid, but I feel like the Emissary doesn't really fit in with him. In Neverborn I run him without the Emissary, in 10 Thunders pretty much always with the Shadow Emissary due to it having a much better synergy. Shadow Emissary can discard a card to get 2 focus at the start of his activation. Dump ace, move and place your ++ attack. The upgrade gives the Emissary + on Brillianced model which is great if you play that kind of list. The real power is in the 0 which gives a push and on trigger lets you draw a card.

I've played against Zoraida and Titania (generic Conflux) and let me tell you the Emissary was probably the mvp in those games.

Zoraida gets a LoS rangeless Obey on you if the Emissary hits you. Just let that sink in.

Titania always used Tooth + Rougarou combo and turned it up to 11 with the + flip on every single attack. If you were scared of that combo before, you'll be running away now.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, le_sphinx said:

I have played a lot of games with Dreamer and Pandora but none with Lynch, so my opinion is only for these 2 Masters.

Mysterious Emissary is a good addition to your collection.

• He is a good damage dealer with 2/4/4 damage spread
  • He can summon extra minion for your army
  • He can remove conditions from the enemies with his attack
  • With 6 Df , 10 W and Hard to Kill he is also a good tank
  • With his Hungry Land Markers, he can block the opponent's movement
  • And the list can go on .....

If you play Summoner Dreamer, you can use Mysterious Conflux, to boost your minions, If you play with  Chompy , the Conflux of Nightmares is must because you can reposition him easily and place him in better and more advance position.

I will tell nothing for Pandora crew, you see the benefits by yourself.

Also, with a little modification, you can use the 2 little girls, on his base, as Changellings.

• Thanks 1

I have had quite a bit of luck running the Emissary with Dreamer. Firstly its a strong enforcer that can tank really well and leaves all the stones for Dreamer. I am a big fan of strong enforcers backing Dreamer up for this very reason... Widow Weaver and Nekima make appearances, but for the most part I stick with Graves, Teddy, Emissary, type models. 

I typically take the Mysterious Conflux to allow my stitched together and summoned changelings to have +flips to their attacks, its worked really well for me. Obviously being able to summon changelings is paramount as you can run Growing up dreamer and not worry about an inability to summon fresh minions to the table. I think changelings are some of the best minions in the NB and focusing on this summon has been pretty powerful for me on the table .

I do realize that a Scheme marker is needed and you're using a mask that you cannot stone for, but with Tannen on the field, it makes it a lot easier to pull off with a little set up. NB always relies on prior planning, so this shouldn't be too far out. Tannen typically lays the scheme marker on T1 and 2 for a changeling to be summoned anyway, so he works out for the most part. A nice target later in the game to bait people into your kill box too. +flips on your minions with "leave it to luck" in play is nice synergy that all seems to come together with this build. 

Also I have been summoning more alps lately and  forgot how annoying those little dudes can be. Valuable in game flexibility with a card drain mechanic going off, engaging enemies and establishing/regaining activation control. Not being able to summon anything better and needing guaranteed waking, this comes in handy when you need to get the chain activate off (Sleep cycles)*a must take now!  . Usually going for Alps early game not to kill my puke-snake then daydreams later in game as they have a 2/2/3 attack now... YES! 

The mysterious Emissary gets a bad rap for the most part, except by NB players, LOL. Kind of weird to me, but I think he is an excellent option for Dreamer led crews. Maybe not an auto take but certainly has viability in competitive play.  

• Thanks 1

Guys has anyone tried lelu+lilitu+tooth combo with Dreamer?

Lelu uses his (0) action and gives pounce to himself and his sister. On our next activation we go with Tooth and use his (0) action with both attacks on target enemy model, which should be in range of twins after push to the knight. Theoretically, there could be three attacks from Tooth with eight:huh: pounce attacks from twins! Also Lilitu can give :+fate to herself and brother by her (1) action.

The Tooth is a minion, so Dreamer can use his buffs on the knight. Another thing is that Dreamer can summon both twins.

Would like to try this combo on practice one day. Is it real overkill?:)

12 hours ago, le_sphinx said:

Guys has anyone tried lelu+lilitu+tooth combo with Dreamer?

Lelu uses his (0) action and gives pounce to himself and his sister. On our next activation we go with Tooth and use his (0) action with both attacks on target enemy model, which should be in range of twins after push to the knight. Theoretically, there could be three attacks from Tooth with eight:huh: pounce attacks from twins! Also Lilitu can give :+fate to herself and brother by her (1) action.

I tried this combo but not with Dreamer. I played with Titania and i had also Rugaru...

The result is that I am banned from my gaming store....

Thx @le_sphinx !!! :(:(:(

• Like 1

If you can set that up. But its also a lot of points.

If find that Dreamer plus Bloodwretch is simple and effective. The Bultgunin will also be brutal. For a single Dreamer AP you basically get 4 AP of actions, push,(1) ml plus(2) ml. Not sure on the tuming, but if the (2) happens inmediately after the push, you could chain into the (2) as well, from what I remember about Bulti. That would be 3 attacks. But its probably not the casw, that would be insane. 

@le_sphinx  By the way, you can use the two Changelings from the Emissary's base too. If they are allowed in turnaments is up to the TO, though.

7 hours ago, Treehouse said:

If find that Dreamer plus Bloodwretch is simple and effective. The Bultgunin will also be brutal. For a single Dreamer AP you basically get 4 AP of actions, push,(1) ml plus(2) ml. Not sure on the tuming, but if the (2) happens inmediately after the push, you could chain into the (2) as well, from what I remember about Bulti. That would be 3 attacks. But its probably not the casw, that would be insane. 

Assuming the card didn't change, you can chain into the (2) from the (1) attack as well as the (2) attack from the stalking pounce. Its pretty tough against a armour +1 target when you have a high mask. 

This Sunday will be a tournament in our local club and I really need some master jedi suggestions with picking up schemes and crews for them!

As I mentioned before my main master is Dreamer. So the reason why I am asking here. Also I have Pandora and Lynch. Expected opponents are Guild (Lady J, Perdita), Ressurectionists (All sorts of them), Outcasts (Sisters, Gamelin, Tara), Neverborn (Titania, Lilith, Lucius). As for my models will be easier to say which of them I don't own:)There are no in my pool: Emissary with Chagellings (not yet^_^), Nekima, Tots, Barbaros, Waldgeist, Gupps, other swampfiends.

Round 1. Standard deployment. Strategy: Interference. Schemes: Claim Jump, Frame for Murder, Dig their Graves, Mark for Death, Last Stand.

Obvious pick here is summoning Dreamer. It is the most doubtful round for me, because this style for dreamer usually gives too many opportunities. It is quite hard to make right decision and realize all potential of the boy.

Initially I thought to pick FfM and MfD schemes. Teddy worked well as a solid sucker before. The second scheme could be achieved by summoning both twins. Lilitu's range works well for giving MfD condition to enemy models. Especially with fast conditon from the kid. However, by going this way it could be easy to present a couple of points to opponent by killing his sucker. Now I am thinking about advanced peaceful technique - try not kill any enemy models and to pick Claim Jump instead of MfD. But I am not sure how to realize this plan properly, cause there are not many tarpit models. Also it won't be hard to opponent to position himself close to the center line and deny CJ scheme. When I picked CJ before, I wasn't successful with it. Maybe the way is to bury opponent in many cheap or fast models? On the other hand this will give another drawback. A big chance that opponent will pick some killy scheme and I will give him a lot of material for that.

The "peaceful" list could be: Dreamer (Dreams of Pain; Otherwordly or Tantrum?), Daydream x3, Coppelius, Doppleganger, Mr. Tannen, Stitched Together, Insidious Madness, 7 soulstones.

The "murder" list could be the same, but Teddy can swap both madness and stitched.

The sucker can be Coppelius/Tannen/Teddy. Which one is better for this role? Dreamer can try to summon both twins at the first turn, cause they can heal each other quite fast. My favorite Lilitu can lure enemy close to the center in order to deny the strategy and control the board by her range again. For the next turns the boy can summon more madnesses or stitcheds and mostly use his support abilities. Another option (if CJ is my choice) is to summon madnesses from the begining, cause they are really fast, incorporeal and really good for scheme running. I think I will need maximum of them. Maybe to summon just Lilitu and one madness for the first turn.

Coppelius should mostly distract opponent. Summoning Alps would be really nice to tarpit enemy. Doppleganger will give more flexibility and also scheme running. Tannen will help with summon and try to dusturb opponent by his other auras. 

Round 2. Standard deployment. Strategy: Guard the Stash. Schemes: Claim Jump, Frame for Murder, Leave your Mark, Hunting Party, Inspection.

I am thinking between taking Dreamer or Pandora. My schemes could be FrM (Teddy) and maybe Hunting Party (depends on opponent). To be honest I don't have many ideas for this round, but here is more confidence for sure. I need to keep in mind that opponent can pick Hunting Party as well. So a lot of minions is not a good option.

Round 3. Standard deployment. Strategy: Extraction. Schemes: Claim Jump, Eliminate the Leadership, Leave your Mark, Covert Breakthrough, Inspection.

I guess this one is the easiest choice. Box Pandora can go here. However, EtL can be a treat for her. Also melee cricket bat Dreamer with "Sleep Cycles" can be solid pick either. EtL and Covert Breakthrough could be my schemes. Which one is better CB or Leave your Mark?

Thanks in advance!

So a lot of minions is not a good option.

Why not? Take a Sorrow for example. If he has Hunting Party, so be it. Just make the Sorrow your Sucker. Have a cheap minion hiding somewhere. I'd suggest the Mysterious Effigy, actually. And I'd use Voices Pandora, not Box for this. Then you'll have to worry less about Frame For Murder. Also note that if a model ist killed by Misery, it counts as being killed by the model which has that ability. And Misery is mandatory. So I'd advise against Box Pandora. You opponent can simply bash one of his own models until it's low on wounds and then walk it into Pandoras range and make him lose the Terrifying duel. He scores 3 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28.10.2017 at 9:40 PM, Treehouse said:

Why not? 

Thanks a lot! I used your approach at the 2d round. Opponent took brutal Reva (she is real nightmare!) and a lot of cheap minions. When I paralized the Reva, everything became much better:) Despite my strange list (Pandora with voices, depression, a. connection, Candy with FgF, Coppelius with on dreaming wings, Graves with t. faces, Doppelganger, Sorrow (sucker) and Madness), the result was a draw 4-4. Unfortunatelly my second scheme was Leave your Mark, which I didn't score at all. I should pick Inspection or at least Hunting Party. I guess HP should be a must against Resurrectionists. The opponent is the strongest player in our community.

At the 1st round I desided to go through MfD and FfM (Teddy). Lilith was a master of opposinfg player crew. This time I am happy with my Dreamer's actions. I summoned only twins and managed to give them fast and pushes. Also great job was done by Coppelius. He tarpited a huge part of opponent's crew and paralised some models due his trigger on MI action. Teddy (sucker) managed 3 attacks with :+fate against Lilith and left her only with 2 wounds. After that opponent was ultra accurate with her and she didn't do anything significant. It was my first time of using Mr. Tannen. Well, I was little bit confused, because any good mask cards didn't visit my hand for three turns! However, this guy applied very well his "cooler" aura at the last turn of the game. Opponent's hand was totally wasted! His "bored" condition is nice either. So Mr. Tannen has a really good potential, if managed correctly. I won the game 7-2.

Last round was against Guild. Pandora with her box was my master. After couple of turns, opponent desided to withdraw:(

So I took the second place and really happy with that^_^

• Like 1

Cool, congratulations. :)

I'm happy that it helped. Yeah, Hunting Party is a good schemes for Neverborn and a pick that is likely to be good against Ressers. Leave Your Mark with Winged Coppelius is strong, but can be countered relativly easily. Just hope your opponent didn't use Corpse Candles to deny LyM, since they are Peons.

So, back to Dreamer:

The Bultungin seems very good woth him. I was a fan of Bloodwretches, but they could be even better.

5 hours ago, Treehouse said:

Just hope your opponent didn't use Corpse Candles to deny LyM, since they are Peons.

He didn't:) His list was something like 4 bats, 4 dead dogs, 2 necropunks, Bete Noire and Reva with upgrades of course. So the opponent just kept his bats in his deployment for a couple of turns and tarpired my Coppelius and Madness with his dogs.

5 hours ago, Treehouse said:

The Bultungin seems very good woth him. I was a fan of Bloodwretches, but they could be even better.

Oh yeah! Could be a really nice combo!

I really like twins! Yesterday both of them scored 2 vp from Marked for Death scheme. Lilitu is really sweet at applying "marked" condition because of her 4" range. Lelu is better in killing marked models. Everything is even better when they have shared fast from Dreamer. Also his pushes with free (1) MI action were really helpful to put twins on a position.

• 1 month later...

Guys a question about our little gangster with “growing up” and “sleep cycles”.

For example, there is turn 2 and Chompy is on a table. He activates and unburies Dreamer. The boy activates via “chain activation” and summons Mr. Bits again. Can Lord Chompy be activated again this turn? Of course he can’t chain activate again, but what about usual activation?  

I think yes, because technically it will be “new” Chompy which wasn’t activated before. “Previous” one was sacrificed.

So for the last couple of months I have been purchasing all the Different Teddies I could get my hands on in hope of building a Teddy Maker Crew. I got the Nightmare OOP Edition, The Miss Ery, Teddy and the Translucent Purple Teddy. I had my heart set on using The Dreamer, Widow Weaver, Mr. Tannen and Hannah as kind of a core group but I find the ability to get a combination of 4 Scrap/Corpse Markers can be difficult with this set up, the best hope is the 13 of Masks really. Can someone help me out on the best way to get this done using Dreamer?

My next Question is wouldn't Zoraida with her Voodoo Doll and 3 Will O Wisps be better? You can have the Will O Wisp copy the " You Remind Me of the Babe " ability 3 times and Zoraida to use it once and drop for Scarp Markers on Turn 1, than use Widow Weaver and Mr.Tannen to summon a Teddy using 9 Masks.

What is the best way and any crew ideas would be great as I'm close to buying what I need and don't want to make a purchase that wont work. Thanks.

your best bet with the "build-a-bear" for dreamer would be to summon stitched for the scrap markers or hold out for the 13 of masks. and zoraida can generate 2 scrap/turn. however i find that collodi is best for this as he can generate 4-5 scrap/turn, but the problem with this is that it is card intensive and half your crew is dedicated to pooping out a teddy/turn.

You have to remember that "A single model can only be targeted by this action (Ever Changing Form) once per Turn." So I understand you can only summon Voodoo Doll using Wisp once per turn. It means that if you begin with the Doll, kill it, summon another with Mama Z, kill it, summon another with Wisp and get rid of it (preferably hemming something in process and killing it passively with Fears Given Form), you're still one marker short to create a Teddy Turn 1.

Think I might just go with this, I really just want to play Teddies and this is pretty scary.  Run 2-3 with Leveticus and slap Oath Keeper on them and chase them down with 1-3 Metal Gamin giving them protection! Teddies Regenerate the 2 wounds they take from magnetizing metal gamin as well.

Outcasts - 50ss Crew

Leveticus -- 2SS Cache
+Pariah of Iron - 1ss

• Hollow Waif - 0ss
  • Hollow Waif - 0ss
  • Teddy - 11ss
    +Oath Keeper - 1ss
  • Teddy - 11ss
    +Oath Keeper - 1ss
  • Teddy - 11ss
    +Oath Keeper - 1ss
  • Metal Gamin - 4ss
  • Metal Gamin - 4ss
  • Metal Gamin - 4ss

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 6:24 AM, Obeisance said:

Growing Up seems pretty decent. +4 HP, cg7 and an ok melee attack.

But is it worth it?

Being able to hide and shoot vs having to be in your opponent's face and let them dictate your waking..

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I just finished my first game using 'The Dreamer' today. I fancied a change from my usual Lilith / Pandora lists, which are usually pretty repetitive. I loved playing him, even though I found myself in difficult situations. 

I guess, what I'm asking, is how Dreamer constructs his activation? My first turn consisted of 2 summons and casting empty night. He seems very versatile as a master, and I can see myself favoring a support play style. 

But, everything went downhill after this. 

I drew the Red joker, and prepared to summon a Teddy, this would have helped, as although the scheme pool wasn't immediately killy, The Sow came plowing into my models, with the help of Ulix. It didn't help that we had Flank deployment either, but to make matters worse, Tannen Black Jokered on the 'Leave It To Luck' ability, meaning I was left rethinking my activation. 

Onto turn 3, I summoned Teddy, removed his slow and gave him fast, but messed up with positioning, meaning Dreamer was left hidden, but alone. Turn 4, I summoned Chompy, who immediately died from The Sow's 2nd red joker that game. 

I've missed a lot of elements out, such as my scheme runners dying to the Pigapult, Dreamer was unharmed, but balancing his AP to summon Daydreams or scheme runners with supporting or walking is pretty difficult. 

Any knowledge you guys have, on getting the most from the mini guy? For example, how many summons would he do before we start getting a bit too dedicated to his summoning. How do I manage waking? 

Any advice will help, I'd personally just love to find more out and see how he fares up in 2018!

with the growing up upgrade your given +4 wd and a cg of 7 so that you can better make use of the cricket bat to boost your waking so you can pop out chompy. this hopefully is done turn 1 if possible. now on turn 2 (or whatever) you activate chompy and let him do his thing then have him do is 0 action to unbury dreamer.  since dreamer has sleep cycles it allows him to chain activate after being unburied by chompy. with dreamer chaining he can do his thing, and hopefully get to waking 4 to summon chompy again in the same turn.

so essentially your getting 3 activations in a turn with those upgrades. also with sleep cycles chompy can chain activate as a result of dreamer burying himself from waking.

• Thanks 1