Wings of darkness gives better chances of drawing the cards you need. Summoning dreamer is already card intensive and adding in a mini growth list to boot makes it even more so. Otherworldly is nice, but dreamer already tends to out activate most crews so the accomplice in my opinion becomes far too situational and I feel there could be a better choice of upgrade. 

1 hour ago, ConfuciuSay said:

Wings of darkness gives better chances of drawing the cards you need. Summoning dreamer is already card intensive and adding in a mini growth list to boot makes it even more so. Otherworldly is nice, but dreamer already tends to out activate most crews so the accomplice in my opinion becomes far too situational and I feel there could be a better choice of upgrade. 

Running summoning dreamer without accomplice is that asking for your summons to be killed immediately. 

Must be a meta thing. I'm not used to people having less than 5 models they can activate before seeing what your beatstick and master will do. I also tend not to spend all my ap on summoning so out activating later depends more on the attrition rate.

I love otherworldly for the accomplice and the card draw. Although that is awkward because of the Dreamer having to go early in the turn (or having a two turn set up). I've never been too keen on Wings Of Darkness since the flight is useless, even if he does really want the cards.

Also, I've started trying to include at least one nightmare in my starting list so the daydreams have something to do when they first activate. 

• 4 weeks later...

Candy with Fears Given Form is a great way of punishing clumps of enemy models. She's not exactly Lazarus but I've found her great with The Dreamer.

If what you're looking for is something to attack annoying targets indirectly at range then try out Tuco. Just don't deploy him to far upfield as that'll just get him killed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I typically try to have Daydreams nearby, Chompy (0) sacrifice to go back to Dreamer, and he has a few things nearby to pass damage to.  Works great if you have something "tanky" nearby that can take the hit.  Stitched maybe would do alright, just for Hard to Kill at least.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7 ottobre 2016 at 8:58 AM, Four_N_Six said:

I typically try to have Daydreams nearby, Chompy (0) sacrifice to go back to Dreamer, and he has a few things nearby to pass damage to.  Works great if you have something "tanky" nearby that can take the hit.  Stitched maybe would do alright, just for Hard to Kill at least.

Can i ask you: is it possible when dreamer go back that he have again 3 (ap) to spent again?

3 hours ago, Torsul said:

He doesn't and Four'n'six never implied otherwise. Dreamers Df Trigger doesn't require AP, just handcards and targets nearby. 

then my opponent cheated me in last game: end of turn and only dreamer could activate, he bring dreamer to waking + 4 ( 2 move 14" and daydream evocation, if i remember well) summon chompy then after chompy attack 2 times one of my pieces and use (0) sleep my child, then he relocate the dreamer where he start his activation..

He got that wrong. each model will only activate once each turn. burying a model and unburying does not make it a new model. summoning would make it a new model. so if you opponent was able to activate chompy, then have him die, activate the dreamer, summon a new chompy, then the new chompy would be able to activate, as it's not the same model. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Adran said:

He got that wrong. each model will only activate once each turn. burying a model and unburying does not make it a new model. summoning would make it a new model. so if you opponent was able to activate chompy, then have him die, activate the dreamer, summon a new chompy, then the new chompy would be able to activate, as it's not the same model. 

thanks for the useful clarification! 

edit. a possible second activation of Lord Chompy in the same turn, it would only be possible using restless dream limited up. right? with summoner dreamer i think it is impossible, or not?

Thanks again

Could i ask you an opinion on these two lists?

(summoner dreamer)

Dreamer (7ss pool)

Dreams of Pain (5ss)

On dreaming wings (2ss)

2 x Daydream (2ss + 2ss)

Teddy (11ss)

Baby Kade (7ss)

Doppleganger (7ss)

Mr. Tannen(6ss)

Alp (3ss)

(melee dreamer)

Dreamer (5ss pool)

Restless dream (1ss)

Tantrum (2ss)

Stone of the tyrant echoes (1ss)

Coppelius (8ss)

Lelu (7ss)

Lilitu (7ss)

Doppleganger (7ss)

2x Stitched Togheter (6ss+6ss)

Alp (3ss)

Are they terrible?
there is' something to change?

seen that i can not use it to your standards, it would be appropriate to use the stone of echoing truth also in first list maybe? (in case of misplacement of child :D???)

On 3/11/2016 at 8:33 PM, TeddyBear said:

Could i ask you an opinion on these two lists?

(summoner dreamer)

Dreamer (7ss pool)

Dreams of Pain (5ss)

On dreaming wings (2ss)

2 x Daydream (2ss + 2ss)

Teddy (11ss)

Baby Kade (7ss)

Doppleganger (7ss)

Mr. Tannen(6ss)

Alp (3ss)

(melee dreamer)

Dreamer (5ss pool)

Restless dream (1ss)

Tantrum (2ss)

Stone of the tyrant echoes (1ss)

Coppelius (8ss)

Lelu (7ss)

Lilitu (7ss)

Doppleganger (7ss)

2x Stitched Togheter (6ss+6ss)

Alp (3ss)

Are they terrible?
there is' something to change?

seen that i can not use it to your standards, it would be appropriate to use the stone of echoing truth also in first list maybe? (in case of misplacement of child :D???)

no one could advise me please?

In Malifaux there's basically no such thing as a fixed list that guarantees you success in any situation. Everything depends on Strategy and Schemes and, to a degree, on your opponent's faction. Those that you put here might work well under some circumstances, worse in other. The best way to check how good they are is to give them a go in a game or two. Personally, I find the summoner Dreamer more flexible and typically play this version (though the potential of beatstick Chompy is huge, I once managed to take down Sybelle, Seamus, and a Belle in one activation).

My core list for summoner  usually involves  Dreams of Pain, Otherworldly, On Wings of Darkness as upgrades. That's 8ss but that makes Dreamer much more flexible as his summons can immediately heal up and get involved in action. I'd advise against putting on dreaming wings on him as he isn't going to be around his nightmares all the time as they will be sent to run schemes/kill stuff. Other than that I normally take, 2-3 Daydreams, Teddy with Retribution's Eye, Doppelganger and the rest depending on Strategy and Schemes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Viruk said:

My core list for summoner  usually involves  Dreams of Pain, Otherworldly, On Wings of Darkness as upgrades. That's 8ss but that makes Dreamer much more flexible as his summons can immediately heal up and get involved in action. I'd advise against putting on dreaming wings on him as he isn't going to be around his nightmares all the time as they will be sent to run schemes/kill stuff. Other than that I normally take, 2-3 Daydreams, Teddy with Retribution's Eye, Doppelganger and the rest depending on Strategy and Schemes.

That's exactly what I want to use in my (future) Dreamer crew ;)

• Like 1

Sometimes a well positioned Tuco with Retribution's eye can cause some serious damage (hello Ramos!). And in my experience Stitched are Red joker magnets, I love the expression on opponents face when they realize that a minion that's just been summoned in has hit their key model for 10 damage :)

Just for know, i used the list that i wrote (summoner) in last game:

we flip for:

guard the stash

exhaust their forces

show of force

hunting party

frame for murder

i chose frame for murder (teddy) and exhaust

my opponet used

tara

carrion emissary

anna lovelace

forgotten marshal

scion of the void

graveyard spirit

2 void wretch

(i don't remember his upgrades)

in the first turn he kill my teddy (i imagined that he would be rage on him)

later he recovered with convict labor and hunting party (but he had hidden his voids inside of impassable buildings - for this i ask in rules section :D)

finally i concede the game with a score of 7 to 5 for him.

After all , i do not complain for only the second time i use dreamer

i only regret not having done any points from the strategy, which it was ideal for summoning dreamer i think..maybe i not choose right evocations: next times insidious will welcome!

*sorry for the spelling mistakes*
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I played my first game of summoning dreamer yesterday.

I feel dirty.  Like, terribly, awfully, I'm very sorry dirty.

I ran Mr. Tannen for the Masks jank, and Widow Weaver with Handbag to try it out.  Doppleganger, Coppelius for flight, and a couple Daydreams.

Turn 1, I stoned for cards.  I got a 13 of Masks.  So Teddy came out turn 1.  Turn 3, Widow Weaver made a Teddy.  I also had another 13 of Masks in hand, but I didn't have 3 Teddies to play.

Summoning Insidious Madness, Lilitu and Letu, a couple Daydreams for masks (which I had to burn an 11, because my hand was great but my draws were terrible) - it was just amazing.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2016 at 9:21 PM, Ergonomic Cat said:

Turn 1, I stoned for cards.  I got a 13 of Masks.  So Teddy came out turn 1.

I'm new to Dreamer too, and I was happy with summoning Coppelius. Guess I know who to get next...

Also, anyone tried the Bandersnatch with Dreams of Pain yet? Riding a Teddy into battle is amazing - 5" Ml, regenerates the Shadow Lair damage, pulls enemies towards Teddy and can make them attack Teddy and take a Horror Duel...

7 hours ago, Izzinatah said:

I'm new to Dreamer too, and I was happy with summoning Coppelius. Guess I know who to get next...

Also, anyone tried the Bandersnatch with Dreams of Pain yet? Riding a Teddy into battle is amazing - 5" Ml, regenerates the Shadow Lair damage, pulls enemies towards Teddy and can make them attack Teddy and take a Horror Duel...

I very nearly bought the Ripples of Fate book simply so I could have the Bandersnatch and Will o' The Wisps, because doing Shadow Thingy on summoned critters seems amazing.  Teddy, Lelu and Lilitu all seem like fantastic targets.