3 hours ago, Masquer said:

What support does cricket bat Dreamer like?

2 slips and a gully. 

But seriously (Hes batting, field positions aren't support) you are probably looking towards ways to get the enemy in the right place for you to make 4 decent attacks if you are hoping for the multi- chompy approach. Other than that I don't know that any support is essential, but you are probably looking at a largely combat master, so you want to hire the crew to cover the scheming sections of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Masquer

I've been wanting to try out an Illuminated with Warped Reality, that way he can tank hits that the Dreamer would suffer, especially any CA actions. With Armour +1, A regen of usually 2-3 and potential healing/ap abuse from Dreamer if needed, he would have a pretty hefty model to punch face with.

Maybe Lilitu for positioning too, then scheme runners and a couple of beaters or the Emmisary to bulk out towards schemes and strats.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Thoughts about Bat-Dreamer led me to such kind of list:

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Dreamer + 3 Pool
- Growing Up (1)
- Sleep Cycles (2)
- Pact (1)
Mysterious Emissary (10)
- Conflux of Nightmare (0)
Serena Bowman (7)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
Doppleganger (7)
- Useless Duplications (1)
The Illuminated (7)
- Warped Reality (1)
Beckoner (6)
- Warped Reality (1)
Bloodwretch (5)

The main thing is placing Beckoner and Illuminated by From the Shadows. Then, with first activation (which is granted by Dopel) we do double Lure on Dreamer, moving him up to 14". While doing it, we push poor girl within 2" of both Dreamer and Illuminated and LoS of Dopel. So - shooting attacks against her will have high chance to go to Illuminated. Who is hard enough to tank one or two hits - with possibly healing from Dreamer's aura.

So, on a second activation we have nearly guaranteed charge of Dreamer, with his Cg7 and 2" engagement.

On the other side, we have Serena Bowman and two guys to knock the cards out of her. Furthermore, if some of our teenager bat strikes miss - we can still get some Waking from killing Serena and summoning a Daydream, for example.

Upd: Made one of my silly mistakes - took On Wings of Darkness (1) in place of On Dreaming Wings (2). The one SS that ruined all my plan like a cardhouse) So the lure-path is downed to 14" max. So i thought it'll be better to change it at all for Pact - since the black joker can make all the plan ruined.
Edited by Domin
Just made one of my silly mistakes.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Domin said:
Thoughts about Bat-Dreamer led me to such kind of list:

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Dreamer + 3 Pool
- Growing Up (1)
- Sleep Cycles (2)
- On Wings Of Darkness (1)
Mysterious Emissary (10)
- Conflux of Nightmare (0)
Serena Bowman (7)
- A Thousand Faces (1)
Doppleganger (7)
- Useless Duplications (1)
The Illuminated (7)
- Warped Reality (1)
Beckoner (6)
- Warped Reality (1)
Bloodwretch (5)

Working on something similar, though I prefer Lilitu because that extra 1ss is just... so worth it for everything else she brings. I'm trying out a list of Dreamer/Serena/Lilitu Warped as the base. Beyond that, I'm angling for Tuco (double disguised does a lot of work in closing off lanes) + either Mature with Warped or Hooded rider. I was also given the idea for some shenanigans like double Cyclops with Warped to close ice pillar and just entirely box the opponent into their deployment. :P

• Like 1

I've recently been paying with something like this and it's gone well:

Grown Up with Big Friends (50ss)
The Dreamer (cache 3)
    +Growing Up 1ss
    +Sleep Cycles 2ss
    +Tantrum 2ss
Nekima 13ss
    +Thousand Faces 1ss
Hooded Rider 10ss
    +Thousand Faces 1ss
Lilitu 7ss
Lelu 6ss
    +Satisfying Punishment 0ss
Mysterious Effigy 4ss

Turn 1 Dreamer will spam Daydreams, I'll drop 3 if I'm able, or settle for 2 and a walk up. Turn 2 he can summon more and/or charge in to bring out Chompy. You're relying on your Nekima/Hooded beater team to clear while Dreamer and Lelu clean up, with Lilitu putting the enemy off position or forcing them to waste cards when you cheat face down.

Most of the time Dreamer is acting as a support, either bringing in Daydreams to harass the enemy and waste their AP, or giving Fast to the twins, or making sure he's in position to heal the rest of the team. Once or twice a game though you'll see an opening to unleash 7AP of chain-activated whooping on some unfortunate soul, and even the threat of that keeps people on their heels as you move around the board.

I'm not sure on the usefulness of A Thousand Faces. Do you usually leave it on for the free AP if the model dies? Or do you end up switching it out for something like Fears Given Form on Nekima or Malifaux Provides (depending on Schemes/Strats), or Retibutions Eye (depending on opponnet's crew)? I would imagine it is more useful for the flexibility it provides - but I'm always worried about spending the SS on the upgrade and not getting the use out of it.

Generally I'll end up switching at least one of them out during a game, and as you say, the flexibility they provide is well worth the 2ss investment. Need to prevent a key target from escaping? Retibutions Eye. Nekima about to land in the middle of the enemy crew? Fears Given Form. And so on. But even the free 1AP on Dreamer if Nekima goes down early can be pretty good - summon a Daydream/Alp to turn that AP into several, and a single extra waking can mean sneaking in another Chompy activation.

What scheme pools does everyone like for Dreamer? I haven't ran him in a good month or so, and I'm starting to miss him 😂 I've used him in Symbols before (I know Punish is in the pool, but Madness' are fast and my Daydreams are usually killed for Masks anyway, plus 4 summons are enforcers.) 

I love him in Guarded Treasure, the option to summon in an enforcer to score is great. The model may not interact, but the squishy models can get that part done.

I imagine that Public Demonstration could work, a combination of Lilitu's lures, daydream push, Dreamer push and fast, it could be achievable.

Breakthrough I like, summoning a couple of Madnesses is never a bad choice if needed, so I can see Surround Them being a possibility too (it does seem a little harder to me, it's only 2 markers, but the area you can drop them is reduced when compared to breakthrough)

I've tried him in Ply once before too. Once more, lures and pushes can help with placement, and having a summoned Stitched Together, drop a model with GI to help you score the stratergy that turn, feels amazing.

There's a lot more that can be said, but when is the Dreamer your go to guy? I usually find myself running Lilith, but I want to change that.

My take on Bat-happy Dreamer:

Dreamer (7ss pool) - Growing Up, Seeping Cycles, Aether Connection

Daydream

Hooded Rider - Thousand Faces

Mr Graves - Thousand Faces

Lilitu

Lelu - Satisfying Punishment

Doppelganger

T1 Graves and Doppelganger can push Dreamer into position and he will summon two more Daydreams to build up the numbers. Aether Connection and 7SS in pool should help Dreamer stay bit longer on the table.

Crew has really heavy punch and i like it a lot ;)

On 3/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, INXVI said:

What scheme pools does everyone like for Dreamer?

For Strat, I liked Summoning in Ply and did fairly well with the cricket bat in public execution. Here's my thought on a few of the Schemes them so far:

Public Demonstration: I don't like it too much because I usually like to start with a bit of a tougher crew with Dreamer (mostly enforcer/henchmen), 15SS on 3 minions is a bit steep for my taste (not saying I am right :P)

Covert Breakthrough/Surround them: Always pick them when I play Dream of pain, I generally found them really easy to score (usually I'll start with 1 runner and summon other as needed)

Take One For the Team: Felt relatively easy to score 2 (I don't think dreamer is much better than other master at this but it's not worse either)

Hold Up Their Forces: If you can summon to engage 2 model that have already activated, it's cute. I never found that one particularly easy to fully score though (I almost always play againts TT: elite crew+pushes to deny me :S)

On 26.03.2018 at 7:58 PM, Reservoir Dog said:

Just looking at Dreamers surrounded by nightmares ability on the tantrum upgrade and I just wanted to check something. If target is surrounded by 3 nightmares would it suffer 1 damage 3 times (which is how the card reads to me-ie like Pandora misery) or 3 damage once?

3 damage once. The only damage source here is Dreamer's Sh attack.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Hooded Rider price drop do you think Teddy is a good option to hire? Surely being a Nightmare he synergises better with the kid but Rider hits like a train and starting from turn 3 he is really resilient. I was thinking about taking both of them in summoning Dreamer so there would be two scary beaters but now i have second thoughts.

4 hours ago, daniello_s said:

With Hooded Rider price drop do you think Teddy is a good option to hire? Surely being a Nightmare he synergises better with the kid but Rider hits like a train and starting from turn 3 he is really resilient. I was thinking about taking both of them in summoning Dreamer so there would be two scary beaters but now i have second thoughts.

I'm not sure Teddy is really worth it's 11 SS ... I still like to use it sometime but I don't think it's the most competitive choice. I'd say if you have the models and are playing for fun, just try, see what happen and make your own mind. 

For myself I'd say I got more mileage investing 2 more SS for hiring Nekima, illuminated (much cheaper),  stitched (if I don't dream of pain) or, if I take Serena, a Mature+warped reality. Only played 2 games with that last one but the baked + on an attack with min 4 made it a good empty night target, and a very decent thing to copy with doppelganger or changelings. 

My Rider is not ready yet but i'm pretty eager to try it :)

If you find room to drop in Serena, the Rider can become a nightmare, so dropping fast on him and giving it access to even more pushes, the threat range gets even better. I've also used him to tank a few hits for the Dreamer, as he is durable and thr healing only adds to the potential survivability of the pair. Using his 0 to carry the Dreamer about too is cool, that way he can save his AP for other actions.

I've been using him throughout a lot of my crews recently, he seems to grab me late VP, especially in symbols.

Teddy isn't a bad hire, however I've always found that he attracts a lot of fire he can't withstand, this was a while back when I was just starting Pandora, so maybe it works out differently  taken with the Dreamer.

I feel summoner Dreamy more powerfull thanks to the huge draw combo + playtime.
Spread black blood on nightmare is a great deal (awesome on Stiched Together); Doppleganger with def 8 (for Coppelius combo) start to be a pain when mimic an opponent beatstick.
I tested a fun list, oriented to summon teddy every turn, and i saw 20 cards (6 starting + 14 by combos)!   

6 minutes ago, Fablo said:

I feel summoner Dreamy more powerfull thanks to the huge draw combo + playtime.
Spread black blood on nightmare is a great deal (awesome on Stiched Together); Doppleganger with def 8 (for Coppelius combo) start to be a pain when mimic an opponent beatstick.
I tested a fun list, oriented to summon teddy every turn, and i saw 20 cards (6 starting + 14 by combos)!   

Draw combo? What draw combo?😀

1 minute ago, daniello_s said:

Draw combo? What draw combo?😀

Dreamer
- on the wing of darkness
- otherworldly
- dreams of pain
M. Emissary
- mysterious conflux
Doppleganger
- warped reality
Serena Bowman
Bloodwretch

_soulstone for on the wing of darkness = +3
_Bloodwretch "The Rage Build" + mi action on Serena = +2
_Doppleganger mimic "The Rage Build" with a 7+ tome than charge Serena = +4
_M.Emissary with 0 action = +2
_Dreamer cast playtime on Doppleganger than "Empty night/Journey" on Doppleganger = +3
14 card