Sign in to follow this  
carreras

Home made Hunter

Okay this is my 2nd sculpt ever, so go easy :) I didn't feel like buying the old sculpt and I'm waiting for the new sculpt (whenever it arrives).

all comments are welcome, I personally think the sculpt is a bit too round and bulky. oh! and the cannon is still not ready, just don't know what to do with it.

practice makes perfect.

Im not a sculptor myself but from what Ive read GS doesnt keep edges well and brownstuff are better for mechanical stuff.

I have no idea what youre using but are you using the right material for the job?

And also If you look at masters they regularily use actual chains for chains and brass rod etc. so dont be afraid to use plasticard pipes for the cannon etc

I looks like you already have incorporated other stuff then just the "clay" so Im preaching to the choir

Hope you get a result youre satified with in the end. Thats all that matters.

I've done a bit of sculpting myself. I'm not amazing but I get ok results so feel free to take my comments with a grain of salt, YMMV etc!

So it looks like you've used milliput, which is why you're lacking a bit of detail and you also seem to have gone straight into the shaping/detailing in one go. The best way of sculpting is to lay down the basic shapes (for which milliput is ideal), waiting for the base layer to cure, and then layering on the details with another putty that holds its shape a bit better. I've only used greenstuff so far which Dmeep has already pointed out is better for organic shapes.

It's really good work for your 2nd sculpt though!